Rafa To Present Ashley With Long-Term Blueprint For Newcastle Success

We are trying  to forget about that HMRC investigation  and hope it will be on the back-burner and that it’s not as bad as it first appeared.

Certainly the way things at Newcastle have seemed to quickly return to normal is a very good sign for the club.

Rafa was simply terrific in his press conference yesterday and he was very open and  talked of a few calls he had already had with owner Mike Ashley.

The big news is that  Rafa will present a long and detailed blueprint (strategy) for what he wants to do to make Newcastle great again.

Rafa Benitez – the best thing for Newcastle for decades

That will obviously be about players coming and going but it will be  a lot more compressive than that.

I will  volunteer to review the charts for him before the meeting.

🙂

One big area of improvement for Rafa seems to be the Benton Training fields and we don’t know if he will recommend incremental improvements to the ground, or want to start the world-class £25M facilities Newcastle threatened to build back in November 2013.

If he wants a complete overhaul, they will need to find somewhere else for next season or at least the first part of next season to train.

We just hope the fans get to hear about some of the things that he tells Ashley – things that can be shared with the fans.

Here’s another great interview with Benitez in the Chronicle  today on what he wants to do – it seems very comprehensive and complete.

But this is Rafa Benitez.

Here’s what Rafa has said as reported in the Chronicle:

“I had a conversation with Ashley and it was quite positive,”

“He was really pleased for the promotion of the team and, as like me and everyone, disappointed with the (HMRC) investigation.”

“But it is something that we cannot change so we need to be sure we do the right things regarding football, then we will be ready for the meeting.”

“It’s very simple: he’s the owner, so then it depends on him what we will do.” “I don’t have any problem with anyone being in the meeting but, who has to be there, is Mike and me.”

“He needs to know my ideas and I need to know what he is thinking and we have to talk about everything.”

“I am a professional, he’s a businessman and he knows his business, so it’s simple.”

“Because I have experience, obviously you always have a plan, so you need to listen to the plan and see where we are.”

“If we are here [gestures with his hands wide apart], fine; if we are here [gestures again, but having moved his hands closer together], then we have to see how close we can be.

“If you are there [gestures the best-case scenario with his hands practically clasped], then great.”

“We are already thinking pre-season. We know that you have to do things in advance.” “We are already talking about where and when we can play games.”

“I need to talk with Lee Charnley on these things.” “We have to decide together about these things.”

“All my life I have worked to a business plan. It is what you have to do.”

“The question is where we are, how much money, can we do it with money if we sell players, which players are good enough, which players we have to change, things like that which the manager normally knows.”

“Then you have to talk to the Managing Director every day.”

“It’s so simple. When you have a manager and a managing director and you have the football operation and business operation.”

“Then we have to communicate every day and have the same ideas.”

“For example, pre-season. We need to know what we want, and what the club will need. We need to agree what is fine for both.”

“That is the sort of conversation we will have.” “To be fair, I’ve had 15 Presidents or Chairmen, so it is not an issue for me,”

This is exactly what Newcastle have lacked in the past – a plan or blueprint of what they are trying to do and how to get there.

It starts off with where you want to end up – and we are confident Rafa will say he wants to win the Champions League with Newcastle – that’s the goal – that’s the vision.

Now the presentation will go through what needs to be done and how we can get there.

Since Ashley and Lee Charnley could not come up with a blueprint to save their lives, you have to think Rafa will get the backing of these men.

It may shock people but Lee and Mike  will likely be right behind Rafa and his blueprint.

For them the questions will be how much money can the club give him – what other resources are available to Rafa.

But as we’ve said in the past we really do think they will back him with everything they have.

The atmosphere on the final day of the season will be absolutely electric – because the fans will realize we could be on our way back to greatness, with Rafa Benitez leading the way.

It’s also more than likely Rafa and his expanded team will be given a new long term contract as part of the blueprint – so he has time to fulfill his vision for Newcastle.

This is great for Newcastle United.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Cardiff City?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

I’m so excited I may have to drink tea rather than coffee this morning.

🙂

Howay The Lads!!

• ShirebrookToon

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:43 AM

I’m sure we will find out soon enough if Rafa gets the backing or not

• hibbit

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:51 AM

lot of talk down here today Boro are waiting to see if huddersfield go up as the fancy Wagner

would anyone take him if Rafa walkes ???????

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:53 AM

Any one tell me who the other 10 clubs are that are being investigated or are they just picking out the TOON and West Ham for past investigations misdemeanours they looked into ten years ago.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:54 AM

Anyway looking forward to tonight – first game in a long time I can feel relaxed watching the TOON – bag a nerves on the edge of my seat most games

• hibbit

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:55 AM

or WALKS even ………….sorry !!!!

• Ibizatoon

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:57 AM

Charlie…Chelsea were named. Seem to recall seeing Leicesters name, but that may have been on here. Not sure about the rest.

Hibbit…He seems to have done well at Huddersfield, but I’m certainly not yet ready to start planning for life after Rafa. If he walks, it depends on why he’s walked and what direction the club would be taking.

The initial sounds are positive, so whilst Rafa is on the case, I’m relaxed. It makes a nice change.

• Oldgit1

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:59 AM

For one thing I am certain, with Rafa, we will on our return to the premiership not get hammered 6-0 as we have done in the past. The style of football may not be pretty, but he will set up the team to be professional.

• hibbit

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:01 AM

Ibizatoon
    very sensible view i’m pleased to say

i was just fishing !!!
    i think Rafa’s staying

• Ibizatoon

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:04 AM

hibbit…Would that response be the fishing equivalent of catching an old boot then? 🙂

I’ll have to see what can be done about this sensible nonsense though. I have a reputation to uphold!

• SA Toon

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:04 AM

Tonight should be interesting as there are so many players missing. Hopefully those on the field will also feel more relaxed and look to play some good football. I guess for a number of them, they will see it as two more games to try and play themselves into contention for next season, so there is still a lot to play for – including the title (I guess). Personally I’m going to sit back with a few cold ones and just enjoy the game. It will be the first time in a long time that the dog doesn’t have to worry about getting a kicking after the game!

• posada

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:06 AM

Some interesting stuff on The mag website about the transfer of Henri Saivet. They are reporting on an article in the Sun, so all of this is now in the public demesne.
    According to Saivet’s previous agent the player was contacted by Graeme Carr and told to move to another agent Rudy Raba if he wanted to sign for Newcastle.
    He duly did. Agents fee went up to 8% instead of 5%. An increase of £300K, which had to be paid up front.

That window we signed Townsend and Shelvey and that was probably down to SM.
    But, then it was like wait a minute you can’t have a window without a Carr signing. I wonder why.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:07 AM

SA…Does your dog understand that we’re already promoted then?

Agreed, should be a much more relaxed approach to the game, allowing the lads to play with some freedom and no anxiety.

Interesting to see Lascelles mention that the other day. I do think a few have forgotten just how fragile the mindset of our team was just 12 months ago.

• Moonraker15

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:20 AM

Rafa won’t walk! If you look at his record he doesn’t do it and he’s worked with worse chairmen than Ashley in his career. He knows he may have to compromise and he will be looking to consolidate in his first season back. The test for Ashley is long term ambition; Rafa will want champions league an Mikey has mentioned that as a target in the past. Good times ahead!

• widowmagandapoke

Apr 28, 2017 at 12:06 PM

SA my daughter comes round to my house with her dog and a few other relatives whe we are on TV. The dog is absolutely bamboozled when all these people suddenly jump out of their seats and shout at at least one point during the game.