Benitez And Charnley In Big Push To Make Early Signings

We’re pretty sure that after we were promoted a week ago yesterday, with that great 4-1 win against Preston North End for our second win in a row and our 28th win of the season,  Managing Director Lee Charnley went into overdrive in the transfer window.

Well to be more accurate, Lee tried to but unfortunately the HMRC officials had different ideas and had timed their raids to perfection.

Newcastle fans may well think that was to quell the joy of our many ans around the world and we had to put up with that complete uncertainty for a couple of days until Rafa calmed everybody down in his press conference  on Thursday afternoon for the game at Cardiff City on Friday evening.

From top left clockwise – Andros Townsend, Harry Maguire
Tom Cairney
and Luca Cardirola

We won that game fairly easily last Friday with two superb goals whatever the strange comments  Cardiff manager Neil Warnock made after the game.

Did I ever say you either  have the results or the reasons (you don’t have the results)?

We ‘re also convinced that Rafa wants some signings made as soon as possible and of course you can make agreements anytime this year, but with the deals being signed and made official on the first fay of the next Financial year – which is July 1st.

Two days before the lads return to pre-season training.

The news today is that we seem to be after 26 year-old Italian center-back Luca Cardirola who plays for Werder Bremen in Germany and he is free agent at the end of June.

The Chronicle is also reporting we want to sign Hull center-back Harry Maguire for about £12M, which has been a rumor for a good number of weeks now.

Rafa also wants to bring back Andros Townsend from Crystal Palace and pay the  release clause of £13M in his contract just as soon as possible.

But that may have to wait a short while since Palace will want to concentrate on getting those few points needed to avoid relegation – they are almost there.

The other player we want to sign as quickly as possible is 26 year-old Fulham play-maker Tom Cairney, but Fulham will be in the playoffs so Newcastle may have to wait to see if Slavisa Jokanovic’s side are promoted.

Whatever happens we think Rafa will move for the Scottish International midfielder whether Fulham are promoted or not.

Rafa will be keen to send a message to Newcastle fans and to potential new signings that Newcastle now mean business and we are building a team this summer that will be the basis of a side that  can eventually become a powerhouse in Europe the (near) future.

We’re almost  sure of that because Rafa want to do that – the only unknown is Mike Ashley but as we’ve said before we think Mike will back Rafa full-bore this summer.

That means Mike Ashley will back Mr. Benitez financially.

If all that is true this summer transfer window for Newcastle fans could be the most exciting  for a long, long time.

Hope that’s true!

What do you think?

• Ibizatoon

May 2, 2017 at 5:20 PM

Ed…Wait and see! 🙂

Can’t see Townsend being sold to us.

• Lindisfarne

May 2, 2017 at 5:31 PM

Glad to see a few new names being added to the Transfer Carousel, but still just as unlikely to actually happen!

• Jail for Ashley

May 2, 2017 at 5:36 PM

Bobby,
    Not suggesting that Woodman be sold at all but he needs to get away from that 33rd rate league.
    catchy,
    How did the policy change for Mclaren, the whole point in hiring him in the first place was because he was desperate enough to go along with it, Mitro, Mbemba, Wijnaldum were all bought for him, if you mean Shelvey and Townsend it was because we were in the clarts just like when the five Frenchmen were bought a few years earlier.

• Toondog2

May 2, 2017 at 5:45 PM

Harry Maguire , Andres Townsend and Tom Cairney would be a good start IMO
    Need 2 strikers really to cope with competition and injuries , not sure who though

• Bobbybee

May 2, 2017 at 5:49 PM

WWSBRD, I wouldn’t expect you to. I’m not getting into an argument about Ashley ffs. I was asked questions and replied. I keep saying it, save yourselves the trouble of gnashing of teeth and wailing by just waiting and see what happens. This obsession with him is unhealthy. Whilst he’s doing exactly what we asked for – leaving football matters to Rafa – why not just ignore him? He’s not worth the stress ffs. Not sure who it was the other day, but they said they hoped Rafa walked just to teach Ashley a lesson. Wtf is that about? I find it so easy to just ignore the man unless he does something stupid again. He’s managed not to for a while so that suits me. I just don’t get the obsession with him. There’s nothing we can do about him unless somebody wants to buy him out. He’s a necessary evil – he owns the club for now. That will change eventually. Until then, ignore him. No point in whining about what he might do. He might drop dead – anything might happen. Getting upset about what might happen is the most pointless exercise I can imagine. If it happens, deal with it then. No need to make up disasters that simply haven’t happened yet.
    Anyway, as far as I’m concerned that’s it on Ashley. Nothing more to say on him because I simply don’t care enough to continue this. Much sooner talk about football issues.

• Lindisfarne

May 2, 2017 at 5:51 PM

If the EFL want to have play off competitions then they have to also live with the consequences.

• Ibizatoon

May 2, 2017 at 6:11 PM

Bobby…Is there a Bobby Robson quote on here somewhere then?

Do you try to be sanctimonious or does it just come naturally?

When Ashley has done something good, I’ve said so. If I think he does something good, but with a hidden agenda, I will say so too.

Ignore him? He sets the tone Bobby. I wasn’t on a bash, as I clearly stated, yet you can’t help but try to paint me as being obsessed.

I said keeping people on was good, what more would you like?

My only question was whether you thought backing the manager meant still running self sufficiently or not. I don’t need you to analyze me or my obsessions.

You will note that Rafa has been discussing Ashley. Is he obsessed too or should we accept that Ashley has a big part to play in this club?

P.S. I have read the Bobby Robson quote. Several times.

• Bobbybee

May 2, 2017 at 6:13 PM

Ibiza – blanked.

• Ibizatoon

May 2, 2017 at 6:19 PM

Bobby…Good chap.

Did you at least make it to the sanctimonious bit?

Enjoy your evening.

• WWSBRD

May 2, 2017 at 6:23 PM

Bobby
    Mate people are allowed to discuss Ashley he’s a major impact on they club, if u don’t want to cool but telling people to wait and see isn’t ignoring him it’s trying to shut others down from talking about him

• cyprus

May 2, 2017 at 6:29 PM

On the above:
    Sign Tom. On Andros was all for him, when people where saying he’s useless. They changed to their minds. So have I. Man, he left way too quick, no hesitation. We need committed individuals, like that mitrovic guy.

I’m also looking for serious upgrades, better than Hull and Everton rejects.

Negredo, Ramsey, players of that ilk. Come on Rafa. Use your contacts. Apart from these, a Spanish or South American wunderkind.

• Bobbybee

May 2, 2017 at 6:30 PM

As that bit isn’t about Ashley, fair do’s. Are you naturally a w@nker or do you practice very hard? Run along and make sandcastles you little nobody. I keep telling you I am not in the least bit interested in anything you have to say, but you keep asking me questions. Save yourself the tears and don’t bother. Maybe now you’ll finally get the message. You’ve blabbered your bit, I’ve said mine, now toddle off and don’t bother me again.

• cyprus

May 2, 2017 at 6:32 PM

To their- delete ‘to’

• Jib

May 2, 2017 at 6:32 PM

WWSBRD

Bobby if u don’t want to cool but telling people to wait and see isn’t ignoring him it’s trying to shut others down from talking about him.

But nobody has said anything new about Ashley for about 6 years

It’s just yadder yadder yadder – fat greedy slug – yadder yadder – cockney twat – yadder yadder.

Ibiza calling other folk sanctimonious is irony defined.

• WWSBRD

May 2, 2017 at 6:34 PM

Lascelles has an interview up talking about his hernia op and playing through the pain for over 4 months on the official site that lad is mad but if anyone doubted his captaincy (or quality imo) go enjoy it

• JackBall

May 2, 2017 at 6:34 PM

Bashing the owner is a time honored sports tradition and hey, it can be fun. I totally understand the frustration and the skepticism. Pointing out the potential pitfalls of or future is reasonable. The conflict here comes only from the fact that many here who understand that, would rather (more often, not exclusively) discuss/argue the future potential, not the persistent pessimism that the past is a precursor to what will happen tomorrow. In a time where optimism can reasonably be suggested, lets have the majority of fun with that.

• WWSBRD

May 2, 2017 at 6:35 PM

Jeffery
    Nothing new has been said because he’s yet to do anything new to discuss

• Ben Afri

May 2, 2017 at 6:36 PM

Bobbybee

Absolutely well said!!!

• Jib

May 2, 2017 at 6:44 PM

As Magscar (where is he?) said many moons ago – honestly you Ashley bashers – we get it – we really get it – just stfu repeating the same crap ad tedium.

• Bobbybee

May 2, 2017 at 6:47 PM

WWSBRD. So instead we’ll go through the same old Ashley WILL do this. Ashley WILL do that. Then he doesn’t. All the tears and stress for what? Just carry on then, whining wailing stressing. Whatever. Personally I’ll wait and see. I haven’t said anybody else has to. I’ve said why don’t you wait and see? We heard it all when Rafa was deciding whether to stay. All you know it alls were convinced he would never stay and work for Ashley. Oh dear. Wrong again. He did. He looks upbeat now, but oh no, Ashley will do this, do that and Rafa will walk. Yawn. If it happens, it happens. Deal with it then. Why start arguments about what might or might not happen? Is a week really too long to wait? You keep saying people can say what they want. I agree, so can I. You lot have your meltdowns by all means, all I’m saying is don’t keep asking me about Ashley. I know how you lot feel, it’s been repeated a million times. Good on ye. I was asked and replied. Then all this shyte goes down. I don’t care about Ashley. I don’t understand the obsession either, it’s pointless unless you can do something about him. You can’t. So why even bother with the man? My obsession is football and NUFC. I don’t like Ashley but he’s far from the worst owner we’ve had. Or in the leagues. He’s not NUFC. Has he not took a back seat? Is that not what we wanted? I just don’t get it. What do you want him to do, within reason? He owns the club. He’s not the club. Still, carry on, just leave me out of it in future. And just as you keep pointing out people can say what they want, then so can I – and I will. And I don’t care what anybody thinks about that either. Just ignore me ffs.

• optimistic prime

May 2, 2017 at 6:48 PM

Handbags at dawn.

Do what I do, look at the name before the post, realise the poster is a knob and skip to the next poster you don’t think is a knob, save yourself time and energy.

• geordie7373

May 2, 2017 at 6:54 PM

It will be a matter of getting a striker that knows where the goal is for a reasonable price…perhaps Chris Wood or Tammy Abraham. Of course they could go for Defoe or Josh King.

Thoughts?

NEWCASTLE STRAWBERRY LIMITED
    NEWCASTLE UNITED ENTERTAINMENT LIMITED
    SJH INVESTMENT LIMITED
    NEWCASTLE UNITED 1892 LIMITED
    BALMBRA’S LIMITED
    plus 10 more…

Didn’t find what you were looking for?
    Search company names
    Search public sector suppliers
    Search business types

but I think it’s more likely to be this fella

MR DEREK DAVID LLAMBIAS
    INACTIVE
    Buy report Watch Print
    SUMMARY

COMPANIES

FINANCIALS

50 ST JAMES LIMITED Dissolved Director 28/06/04 02/05/08
    50 ST JAMES LIMITED Dissolved Director 28/06/04 02/05/08
    NEWCASTLE UNITED ENTERTAINMENT LIMITED Active Director 14/05/08 19/06/13
    NEWCASTLE UNITED LIMITED Active

• ITUNDERASHELL

May 2, 2017 at 6:55 PM

I think you will find some naughty boy’s at play.

• WWSBRD

May 2, 2017 at 6:56 PM

Bobby
    U can be happy with him and ignore him, I won’t and if u don’t want to talk about him then feel free not to

• ITUNDERASHELL

May 2, 2017 at 6:59 PM

Or may i suggest this man

Search Results
    Showing results for Directors and Company Secretaries with names like michael ashley – 218 results

MICHAEL ASHLEY

MICHAEL ASHLEY / 21/10/2008
    MASH LEISURE LTD.

MICHELE ASHLEY
    ROLI LTD.

• Mister Tuff

May 2, 2017 at 7:01 PM

No need for the foul abuse I suggest. General observation – do not want a reply.

• Jib

May 2, 2017 at 7:02 PM

ITUNDERASHELL
    You simpleton
    They are off-the shelf companies to stop others from using the name.
    They learned their lesson when Biffa and Niall had NUFC.com before the club.
    If you go to any of the big companies you will find the same.
    Branson’s list with Virgin in the title is enormous

• beermonkey

May 2, 2017 at 7:05 PM

prime

you dont read alot of posts then

• Ben Afri

May 2, 2017 at 7:07 PM

Okay, on the original topic:

When we were first linked to Townsend, I was annoyed because I never thought that he was good enough. But when he joined us under Rafa, he left me with my foot in my mouth.

Then he left and struggled a very long time under Pardew and only rediscoverd his form after the sexy silver fox had left.

Now I’m wondering if he really is worth all the effort getting him back for 13mil. I can’t quite figure out if he plays better under class managers or if he is just unpredictable. Personally, I’m tired of being linked to him as I think we can get better for his price tag. But I would like to know if I’m being a little harsh on him, or if my doubt is justified.

• Ben Afri

May 2, 2017 at 7:07 PM

Okay, on the original topic:

• ShirebrookToon

May 2, 2017 at 7:07 PM

Tuff

Piss off 😀

• geordie7373

May 2, 2017 at 7:08 PM

Would love to see something like this happen. No particular order. Based on costs and grabbing some from the relegation teams that played premier league this season.

GK – Darlow/Elliott

Backs – Clark – Shawcross – Hayden – Chambers – Daniels – Maguire

Mid-Shelvey – Sigurdsson/Townsend – Atsu – Ritchie -Lascelles

Forwards -Defoe – Gayle – Wilson – Negredo –

• Ben Afri

May 2, 2017 at 7:10 PM

appologies for the duplicate

• ShirebrookToon

May 2, 2017 at 7:11 PM

Ben Afri,

You can say that again 😀

• JamesToon

May 2, 2017 at 7:12 PM

Its not about how much money you spend in the prem, we proved that by spending £80m on 60% sh*t and still got relegated, its about being smart with spending money, spurs have proved that with alli and eriksen costing a combined £17mil, their back four being a combined £20m or something??

Let rafa choose the players, we don’t need to break the bank, ashley doesn’t need to overstretch the purse strings, just get the players he wants and let him play his way.

• Ben Afri

May 2, 2017 at 7:12 PM

ShirebrookToon

Hahahahahaha, cheeky

• Mister Tuff

May 2, 2017 at 7:14 PM

No need for these ungentlemanly retorts. Bounders and cads need to be sorted out – a lesson in the stable yard methinks.
    In the meantime I’ll leave my card!

• Bambams

May 2, 2017 at 7:15 PM

Has anyone else heard Ellis Short is looking to place Sunderland into administration?
    It’s come from the training ground, a staff member has stated Ellis wants to walk away (Can he just walk ?) and not spend any more money. This way the club will be forced to pay by way of points deduction ?
    I did not hear this first hand and it could just be rumours…..Just thought I would share it. I don’t even know if this is possible, can he just walk ?
    Made me smile even if it’s not true

• Mister Tuff

May 2, 2017 at 7:17 PM

Townsend – he’s playing football and got back to London – he’ll not be coming north again.
    Newcastle is north of London for those who didn’t know.