Newcastle’s Courageous Captain Doing Great After Surgery

Jamaal Lascelles has had his double hernia operation and the good news is that all went very well.

The courageous Newcastle captain has taken to his Twitter account late last night to update fans on his condition, which is good.

The surgery was a fairly straightforward procedure and he is expected to recover long before pre-season training starts on July 3rd.

The picture Jamaal Lascelles tweeted late last night
Couldn’t quite see if he has his boots on

🙂

Jamaal will also get a well deserved rest after leading Newcastle to promotion at the first time of asking.

Well done Jamaal!

Here’s the tweets from the captain.

• Jail for Ashley

May 3, 2017 at 8:48 AM

I wonder if Collocinis name was scratched in to the wall behind him.

• WWSBRD

May 3, 2017 at 8:58 AM

Jail
    Not unless he went to Argentina for the op

• Ibizatoon

May 3, 2017 at 9:01 AM

Fair play to the guy. He’s not the finished article, but he does show leadership and shows that he cares.

It’s what got him the captains armband in the first place, we needed a leader and he stepped up to the plate and has continued to do so.

I really have no qualms about allowing Lascelles to grow into his position over time. Much like Darlow.

Turned out to be good signings. Carr must have had some time off.

• Ibizatoon

May 3, 2017 at 9:02 AM

What did Colo do after leaving NUFC? Haven’t heard his name since, other than joking on here.

Did he go and play in Argentina? With Lego and such?

• WWSBRD

May 3, 2017 at 9:08 AM

Ibiza
    I promise am not making this up but Colo went to San Lorenzo to play and last I heard (couple months ago) was yet to debut because of injury

• Ibizatoon

May 3, 2017 at 9:08 AM

Yo…I wouldn’t want it any other way 🙂

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

May 3, 2017 at 9:12 AM

Lascalles did have some majestic games at the back this season a couple of the games on sky where he got man of the match he was immense! Winning header after header and making blocks its refreshing to see a captain putting his body on the line!

Just needs to improve his concentration , positioning and passing but that can come with time he has the raw ingredients to do well under Rafa !

• hibbit

May 3, 2017 at 9:23 AM

nowt like a bit of pain to help you lose concentration !!!

• Jail for Ashley

May 3, 2017 at 9:26 AM

LCBP,
    He got in to the team of the year after all, my only concern with him is that he does seem to lack a bit of leadership and how can he possibly have the captaincy taken off him, he is still young though and has the catchy seal of disapproval so he’s destined to become a great.

• WWSBRD

May 3, 2017 at 9:27 AM

Ibiza
    My bad Colo has made a mind boggling 12 appearances this season…bless him

• WWSBRD

May 3, 2017 at 9:31 AM

On Lascelles his form dropped second half of the season but he was likely on a lot of pain meds or in constant pain

• Ibizatoon

May 3, 2017 at 9:31 AM

Yo…Nearing a career best then?

I wonder where he goes when he needs a break now he’s back in Argentina?

I’d suggest a Colo edition of Where’s Wally, but with that hair, it’d be too easy.

To All…On the captain debate, is there anyone in the current squad who deserves it more or you’d think would do a better job?

Ritchie perhaps? For me, Shelvey is still a little too petulant for the position.

• ShirebrookToon

May 3, 2017 at 9:35 AM

Hats off to Lascelles for playing through the pain Barrier.

Pain is temporary, pride (promotion) is forever.

We not got a song for lascelles yet?

• magspuggy

May 3, 2017 at 9:35 AM

Its nee wonder he was struggling a bit.
    Fair play to him.

Have the unwashed gone bust ??
    Ebay has loads of pinkish seats on 99p buy it now

• ShirebrookToon

May 3, 2017 at 9:37 AM

Ibiza

I’d say either Elliott or Ritchie.

• WWSBRD

May 3, 2017 at 9:37 AM

Ibiza
    Probably not far off (tbf I still quite like Colo haha). A wheres Colo book would be a smash hit in Newcastle though

Ritchie can’t be captain he has the inability to talk to officials. I do see any reason to take it from Lascelles tbh but if it was Clark would be my pick

• magspuggy

May 3, 2017 at 9:41 AM

The wheres sideshowbob game is shite lads
    With that hairdo you can spot him a mile off
    Try the spin offgame

Whats wally doing.

F##k all normally

• Ibizatoon

May 3, 2017 at 9:41 AM

Yo…There was a time when I really liked him. He became a coward and a playing symbol of all that was wrong with the set up for me.

Fair point on Ritchie. Clark’s not a bad shout, but is he much more vocal than Lascelles? A solid player, but not sure what leadership he has to offer.

• Ibizatoon

May 3, 2017 at 9:52 AM

Magspuggy…Firstly, it’s good I went back to check your username. Nearly swapped the g’s for s’!

Agreed, the hair would be a dead give away. I suppose you could throw some Luiz’ in there to throw people off.

Shire…Missed your post. Not sure Elliot is close to being our number 1, let alone club captain. Can certainly do it when playing though.