Rafa Benitez Stuns The Newcastle Youngsters Last Night

Newcastle United manager Rafa Benitez made a visit to the Newcastle dressing room just before our U23 side beat Fulham in the U23 team’s play-off semi-final win over Fulham last night.

It turns out that after the U23 players had finished their warm-ups Rafa was waiting for them in the dressing room – what a guy!

Can you imagine the lift that would have given the youngsters before the game, just to know Rafa was interested in the game and he stayed to watch it and they won 2-0 – perfect.

Rafa Benitez and his staff watch from the Milburn stands yesterday

And it seems Peter Beardsley didn’t even know Rafa and his staff would be at the game.

Now the lads are in  the play-off final and play West Ham UNited on Friday night.

This is what U23 boss Peter Beardsley said:

“The gaffer was here with his staff.” “That’s massive for these kids.” “He came into the dressing room just before the start.

“It looked like they were trying to impress him.” “It was unbelievable.” “It was pleasing for us that he was here but that’s the sort of person he is.”

“We were out warming up and I genuinely did not know the gaffer was here.”  “When I walked in the dressing room there was a buzz, but I couldn’t see him.”

“I could hear something and I walked around the corner and there he was.” “It’s a brilliant lift for the players.”

Rafa Benitez has electrified the Newcastle club in a short 14 months he’s been in charge so it’s great to see a man who just loves everything about football being the manager of a club whose fans also just love everything about football.

Did I ever say Rafa and Newcastle United are a match made in heaven.

This man is simply great!

Who Was Newcastle's Player Of The Season?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• lochinvar

May 9, 2017 at 8:52 AM

Rafa Rafa
    You’d better beware
    The Gaffa’s ever fcking where

I’m going to check under the bed every night now

• ShirebrookToon

May 9, 2017 at 8:55 AM

Rafas here,
    Rafas there,
    Rafas fcuking everywhere.

He never stops. He lives football!

• Jail for Ashley

May 9, 2017 at 9:05 AM

Anyone think it’s just a coincidence that the U23’s have gone from being target practice to promotion candidates since Rafa got here. It’s baffling how the youth set up was neglected so badly for a club that wants to wipe it’s own nose.

• expatmag

May 9, 2017 at 9:12 AM

From the point of view the poor bugger is probably stuck on his own in a flat or a hotel room most nights away from his family, I would imagine a trip to watch the under 23s is a far better option than Corrie……lol

Fabregas instead of Toure for me

• OneAlanShearer

May 9, 2017 at 10:00 AM

I highly doubt we are in for terry or defoe. Fab would be great but I doubt that and yaya toure rumours. We need experience and leadership so it’s probably lazy journalism. Torres will be next.

• AndyMac

May 9, 2017 at 11:07 AM

I know it’s no coincidence that when Rafa turns up to inspire the stiffs Beardo just shuts up and listens. Said it so many times before – great player that he was – he’s out of his depth as a coach.

If it wasnt for this play off final lark we’d be looking at another year in League 2 so let’s hope we can get past WetSpam again ?