Newcastle Back In For 23 Year-Old Playmaker – Amazing Goal Video

Newcastle were reported to have made a bid in January for 23 year-old Brazilian midfielder Gabriel Appelt Pires, who joined the Spanish club Leganes from Juventus last August having spent the previous season on loan there.

When a permanent deal could not be made earlier this year Newcastle tried to arrange a half-season loan deal with an option to buy, but that also fell through.

The 23 year-old play-maker has been impressive at Leganes this season scoring five goals with one assist in 32 La Liga games.

It looks like Rafa still wants to sign the player as Sky Italia journalist Gianluca Di Marzio has reported in Marca today.

There are various tweets referring to Newcastle’s obvious interest in the player plus the video of a great goal he scored.

Newcastle are certainly interested in this 6ft 1ins tall midfielder and the Spanish club, based in Madrid, are said to be bracing for an offer coming in from Newcastle.

Pires has played 75 games for Leganes with 13 goals and 5 assists.

We would expect Lee Charnley making some offers for players very soon – if he hasn’t already done so as Rafa wants to get players in quickly this summer.

• G

May 11, 2017 at 3:34 PM

5 assists in 75 appearances doesn’t sound like a particularly great play-maker to me?

• Jail for Ashley

May 11, 2017 at 3:36 PM

Bobbybee,
    So the plan was to bring in a manager like Rafa all along and the threat to give Mclaran an eight year deal was more lies. Mmmm, interesting.

• Bobbybee

May 11, 2017 at 3:37 PM

Bet he doesn’t do that every week! 🙂

Not many walk up and pay every week now though. Why? Because Ashley allows you to pay your ST monthly, making it easier than finding a lump sum. Even of you don’t go every week because of work commitments it’s probably cheaper that way in the long run. You can always sell your seat if you’re not there.

• expatmag

May 11, 2017 at 3:38 PM

G

I reckon I could create more chances than that….lol

• Bobbybee

May 11, 2017 at 3:40 PM

No, there was no plan at first, he was winging it. That much is obvious. There is a plan now, get over him ffs. You’re obsessed all the time. If it isn’t him, it’s someone on here. Maybe you need help.
    Anyway, let’s stop now. I really really don’t want to carry on this discussion with you. I gave you an answer, we’re done.

• catchy in norway

May 11, 2017 at 3:41 PM

noo thanks, after the goal running with some sort of gangster sign. not for me thanks

• SPRINGY

May 11, 2017 at 3:41 PM

Anyone think rafa may change his style of play to new the craze of 3,4,3?

• hibbit

May 11, 2017 at 3:46 PM

Reilly
    the blogs waiting ????????

• Bobbybee

May 11, 2017 at 3:49 PM

Springy, doubt it mate 🙂 I think he’ll set up the same way, but the point is, with better players it will look a whole lot different.
    We’ve got to be realistic next season matey. As I pointed out, we won’t be getting anything more than other clubs will get from SKY alone. They already have PL players in place. We’re building from scratch. Our equaliser is Rafa, he’s better than a lot already there. He’ll set up to catch them on the, break until he has his full team in place, possibly the following season. Then he might change if he sees it beneficial.

• Budge123

May 11, 2017 at 3:49 PM

Jail surely he thought he had a manager ‘like ‘ Rafa is Stevie Mc.
    Ex England managed in Europe etc . you could argue he had the cv?
    He didn’t have the cv in my opinion but you can see why people would think he had.

He gave him 80 mill for gods sake. Spent badly I accept.

I think he had learnt his lesson and the relegation and success of last season will have reinforced it.

I’m truly positive that things might actually go well for a season or 3

• Bobbybee

May 11, 2017 at 3:53 PM

That’s just my opinion Springy, I might be totally wrong. There is a first time for everything I suppose 🙂

• SPRINGY

May 11, 2017 at 3:54 PM

Bobbybee
    I just a thought mate,we need a few players and be interesting to see if players out on loan come back into the fold…de jong,mbabu,krul,arma….and will we off load a couple of strikers fornew talent?? …..interesting times

• Bobbybee

May 11, 2017 at 3:55 PM

Budge, might have to call out Dynorod mate! 🙂 Hope that joke isn’t too old for you? I forget not everyone is old like Mr. 🙂

• NUFCadon

May 11, 2017 at 4:05 PM

Yeah I know there was a 10 year freeze, I thought that was great. I get that there are fans that come and pay as and when they are free but they have to pay the market rate, they know that’s the risk of not having the season ticket. I think it would be a real shame to lose fans who have been going for years because of a price increase

• Bobbybee

May 11, 2017 at 4:09 PM

For Mr read me.

Springy, yes mate, very interesting times ahead. I think Arma will go back out on loan tbh. A few might. I can see a huge clear out coming. The more funds he raises the better, without leaving us short on cover. We don’t know how much ‘every penny’ is yet, but to be fair, you can’t have any more can you? I know it won’t please everyone, but let’s be honest, top of the table wasn’t good enough for some and you can’t do better than that either! 🙂
    Rafa showed he can bring in a lot of players and blend them in quickly, so I expect we’ll do our business quietly and quickly. I’m buzzing myself. I live in the here and now and quickly put the past out of mind. Don’t forget it, you have to learn from your mistakes after all, but you can’t let it rule your life. Tomorrow is far more important than yesterday, I always say. Tomorrow for NUFC looks bright – and not before time either! Will it go smoothly? Naw, wouldn’t be Newcastle if it did lol. But as long as we get there, who cares? I envisage a double statue outside SJP with Rafa and Ashley to celebrate the most successful era in our history 🙂 🙂

• barkel

May 11, 2017 at 4:09 PM

Springy

If we’re to go 3 at the back I would imagine we would go for a 5 man midfield with wingbacks Laazer & Yedlin, I think we tried this once or twice maybe.

More than likely I think we’ll stick to the 451/433 that we’ve played nearly every game this season

• Essex Geordie Bill

May 11, 2017 at 4:24 PM

Bobby

Double statue for Rafa and Ashley, now that would be funny.

I’ve said before that should the club become very successful under Ashley ie league title or FA cup that he could end up getting the freedom of Newcastle and everyone would forgive him. 🙂