Newcastle Battle Monaco For Top French Teenager

French newspaper L’Equipe are reporting that Newcastle are keen on bringing 18 year-old France U19 striker/winger Yann Karamoh to Newcastle: he currently plays for Caen and has become a first team regular this season

AS Monaco are the other club said to be interested in the teenager and it looks like a straight fight between the Magpies and Monaco for the gifted teenager.

Karamoh was born in Abidjan in the Ivory Coast and this season he has appeared 36 times for the Caen first team in all competitions with 5 goals and 4 assists and he’s looked impressive.

Yann Karamoh – 18 year-old French U19 striker/winger

The youngster has so far played for the French U16, U17, U18 and U19 teams scoring six goals in his 19 youth team appearances so far.

Rafa Benitez and Newcastle are keen to bring in young players who look to have big futures and have them coached on Tyneside and go through the ranks and the U23 side managed by Peter Beardsley to become (hopefully) first team regulars at the club.

The Newcastle manager is putting a strong emphasis on bringing in better young players than over the past ten years, when the club has struggled to bring young players into the club and through the ranks to become first team players.

The news is also that Yann has been unwilling to sign a new contract at Caen and his current contract last until the end of June next year and it looks like he will be leaving the French club this summer.

Karamoh has very good technical and pace too and he can play up front as striker or on the right wing.

What do you think?

• hibbit

May 23, 2017 at 5:27 PM

allardyce has resigned at palace !!!!

• jazzyp

May 23, 2017 at 5:29 PM

Abeid no thank you

• jazzyp

May 23, 2017 at 5:31 PM

Sigordsson 40 mill… wtf

• WWSBRD

May 23, 2017 at 5:45 PM

Defoe has played a blinder 130k for 3 years at Bournemouth? Fair play if they are daft enough to offer him that good thing he happened to be unable to play for Sunderland this past weekend, certainly didnt refuse to play am sure, imagine if he had been injured this past weekend

• WWSBRD

May 23, 2017 at 5:46 PM

jazzy
    U sure thats not to buy Swansea mate?

• JP...from The Rock

May 23, 2017 at 5:52 PM

I much prefer this young gun – Henry Onyekuru to one in this article. We’re apparently interested.

Check him out on youtube (i know i know) he’s a BEAST!!

• Oldgit1

May 23, 2017 at 6:03 PM

Nile Ranger sent down for 8 months for on line fraud, what a twat. Taking money off an old lady. Bet this makes his parents proud. Not.

• Oldgit1

May 23, 2017 at 6:07 PM

@ JP the rock, I highlighted our interest in this player first on this site with jib later posting the you tube link. From that you can see he could become a very good player under Rafa guidance. I believe Arsenal is in for him also.

• lochinvar

May 23, 2017 at 6:18 PM

The Mackems want Allardyce back ?
    Yet he’s resigned from Palace because he couldn’t have his own way with transfers – what makes him think that Short has any money left for him at Sunderland.
    More likely that some expose is about to hit the press ?
    Laughable

• lochinvar

May 23, 2017 at 6:20 PM

WWSBRD
    May 23, 2017 at 5:46 PM
    jazzy
    U sure thats not to buy Swansea mate?

That’s the price for Wales all inclusive including Swansea and Cardiff
    Bargain

• lochinvar

May 23, 2017 at 6:26 PM

Everton have agreed a £25m deal with Swansea for midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson, 27, but the Iceland player wants more than £120,000 a week to sign. (Daily Mirror)

Cross him off our list then

• ShirebrookToon

May 23, 2017 at 6:59 PM

Apparently it’s us and Monaco in for Batshuayi!

• jimmygscot

May 23, 2017 at 7:20 PM

Have the Toon not learnt their lesson with young French wingers.
    No thanks.

• jezza442

May 23, 2017 at 7:41 PM

somebody asked earlier who Roger Moore played for….
    wasn’t it saints?lol ok I’ll get my coat.

• ShirebrookToon

May 23, 2017 at 7:48 PM

Oh dear jezza! Shut the door on ya way out! 😀

• jezza442

May 23, 2017 at 7:52 PM

Shirebrook I’ve seen the sense of humour on this site mate I’m surprised i was the first to that one . lol!

• cyprus

May 23, 2017 at 8:29 PM

Toonrich
    Just saw your comment in the previous post. Disagreed but didn’t mean to offend.

• Our Toon

May 23, 2017 at 8:34 PM

As a Muslim I’m so so sad for the victims from yesterday’s mindless barbaric attack, innocent children murdered and injured by a nut job who doesn’t represent my religion no matter what catchy believes.

I won’t go into political rubbish on here, I know of friends and family members children affected by this, atheist, Christian, Jews and Muslims…..but many more from many backgrounds were affected. This is not the time for division or blaming ppl but a time for solidarity. I’m so grateful to my Christian friend who took in my cousins kids overnight, no colour or religion mattered as we all stand together against these idiots that hide behind a false ideology.

Catchy I read your comments and didn’t want to get into a debate over your bigoted views, maybe you should take your head out of the sand and realise we would have no IS if Tony Blair hadnt illegally removed Saddam Hussein. Today is not about us though or our views of why, it’s about prayers, thoughts and hope that we can move on united together.

I hope we rise above the attempts to divide us, I’m British, I’m Muslim and like the majority who follow my faith……i don’t believe in a messed up ideology that cowardly mentally disturbed idiots try to use to justify there barbaric attacks.

Sorry to all on this blog as it’s not a place for political or religious views but I have no other means to express myself other than with my nufc family…..of which we all come from different backgrounds. I’ll comment on football matters later in the week. Very sorry all for my rant!!

• Ron Knee

May 23, 2017 at 8:38 PM

According to the Grauniad, Allardyce “will not be actively seeking a return to management”.

• Budge123

May 23, 2017 at 8:43 PM

Ron – so he is going to Blunderland then!

• Prestonmag66

May 23, 2017 at 8:45 PM

Our Toon,

I think your words are wise and heartfelt.

• Novocastrian66

May 23, 2017 at 9:21 PM

Our Toon; “This is not the time for division or blaming ppl but a time for solidarity.” However it’s Tony Blair’s fault. Give over.

• ToonRich

May 23, 2017 at 9:25 PM

Cyprus, I was only jesting fella 🙂 its all good!! We all have opinions, not often I get responded to 😉 ha.

Hmm, Michy has the choice of CL and a team of potential superstars or the toon…

• AncientC

May 23, 2017 at 9:28 PM

Novocastrian66, I blame “curveball” myself.

• AncientC

May 23, 2017 at 9:29 PM

Disclaimer *Satire*.

• welshgeordie9

May 23, 2017 at 9:41 PM

WWSBRD
    May 23, 2017 at 5:46 PM
    jazzy
    U sure thats not to buy Swansea mate?

What a tit.

• Our Toon

May 23, 2017 at 9:43 PM

Novo – Amazing wonders of blog, you’ve taken a sentence from paragraph 2 and merged it with a sentence from paragraph 3…..nice. Like i said I’m not here to have disagreements tonight or here to preach division. Some will agree with me and some won’t…..thats the beauty of our country….opinions are heard and we are allowed to express them.

Preston mag you’ll know this better than me but the ppl of Manchester are a strong community, they will never forget and we shouldn’t either.

• jimmysmith

May 23, 2017 at 9:45 PM

Our Toon, I like your second last paragraph. Manchester to its great credit is a very gritty, diverse, multi cultural British city that I’m confident will unite in response to this.

• GeordieTwo

May 23, 2017 at 9:53 PM

Disgraceful. Attacking children at a concert. How low can a group go? Another example of the homicidal maniacs loose in the world.

• Our Toon

May 23, 2017 at 9:53 PM

Jimmy

It certainly is mate, my community needs to weed out these ideology and hate preachers but we can’t do it alone unfortunately. That’s where the multi cultural and diverse communities can also help to change the opinions of the young ones being brain washed.

Anyway I’m off tonight before I ruffle any other feathers!!

• Mister Tuff

May 23, 2017 at 10:04 PM

Seeing as there is nothing happening on the football front I will venture momentarily into politics. Just been reading about Brennan the ex CIA Director giving evidence today. He stated ” “Any political shaping of that presentation or intelligence would not be appropriate”.
    I immediately thought of Tony Bliar and the Dodgy Dossier. How he’s not in jail I do not know – one of the most false/lying Bastads ever to grace planet earth. And he’s good at it.
    Millionaire champagne socialist. (How does that work?) He seems to have re-surfaced lately – do not know how he sleeps at night.

• jane

May 23, 2017 at 10:36 PM

Tony Blair is a red herring. the muslim problem would have surfaced sooner or later it was just suppressed by dictators until they were removed.

• lesh

May 23, 2017 at 10:38 PM

Our Toon @18

Well said ma man. Good lad

Mr Tuff

Blair got off lightly because he’s a clever man who’s very articulate and more to the point, any legal proceedings would’ve opened up a huge can of worms. Let’s not forget he claimed to be a christian who was close to other big hitters with whom he shared his faith – GeorgeDubya for one who championed freemnmoxy for the people of Iraq and Libyan – as well as BP, Exxon, Elf, Haliburton but to mention a few.

Anyway, enough.

• lesh

May 23, 2017 at 10:41 PM

jane

Dictators removed by whom? There are times when it’s best to leave things alone yet still they pursue Assad thus releasing even more strife.

• jane

May 23, 2017 at 10:44 PM

Lesh i agree with you about keeping Asad in power otherwise the same thing will happen.

• Tsunki

May 23, 2017 at 10:46 PM

Personally I blame the advent of the automatic bread slicer. Took away the honest work ethic of slicing your own bread. A whole generation grew up in a stark new world lacking in responsibility and self determination. And a decent bread knife.

• jane

May 23, 2017 at 10:47 PM

Tsunki you’re priceless!

• jane

May 23, 2017 at 10:51 PM

when religion and politics come up everyone says shut up this is a football blog. but when the old geysers on here talk all night about weird bands from the 70s and 80s nobody tells them this blog is only for football huh

• Tsunki

May 23, 2017 at 10:54 PM

Jane 😀

• Mister Tuff

May 23, 2017 at 10:55 PM

Tsunki – you might have stumbled upon something there. Could it be that the surge in knife crime in London could be linked with the proletariats purchasing of bread slicing machines.