It’s obvious that Rafa Benitez and Lee Charnley have been very busy in the transfer market behind the scenes over the last few weeks, since the season ended on May 7th and it seems that bids are going in for some of our various targets.
But there also seems a lot of them (that’s a surprise) so exactly who will be arriving on Tyneside is difficult to even guess.
Remember that Rafa shocked us a few times last summer by bringing in some players right out of the blue and it wouldn’t surprising if he did the same thing again this summer.
Burnley striker Andre Gray could be moving to Newcastle
So we’ve looked at the various targets linked via recent reports that bids have been lodged and here seems to be the most likely signings with the expectation highest for those near the top of the list.
But of course we could also be way off, which has happened once or twice before – as we recall.
Anyway here’s our best shot at the most likely players to be signed shortly and we’ve listed 13 players (as a risk reduction ploy) and specifically left some off the targets off the list altogether – such as Wes Morgan and Ryan Shawcross.
- Andros Townsend – winger – Crystal Palace
- Andre Gray – Burnley – striker – Burnley
- Nicholas Pepe – winger – Angers
- Gabriel Pires – 23 – midfielder – Leganes
- Tom Cairney – 26 – central midfielder – Fulham
- Yann Karamoh – 18 – striker – Caen
- Jozo Simunovic – 20 – center-back – Celtic
- Harry Maguire – 26 – center-back – Hull
- James McCarthy – 26 – central midfielder – Everton
- Tammy Abraham – Chelsea – 19 – loan
- Kelechi Iheanacho – Chelsea – 20 – striker – possible loan
- Michy Batshuayi – Chelsea – 23 – loan
- William Carvalho – Sporting Lisbon – 25 – defensive midfielder
It looks like Rafa wants as many as 8 good players brought into the club this summer and he wants them just as quickly as possible and preferably before pre-season training starts on July 3rd.
If Newcastle were to sign eight players in the next few weeks – what would your choice be?