Top Professional Daryl Murphy Lavishes Praise On Rafa Benitez For Great Season

Daryl Murphy was signed as a striker who could score goals in the Championship last summer, but he also knew when he signed that he would be somewhere down the striker pecking order at Newcastle, but that never stopped him from quickly signing on at the north-east giants.

And because of his professionalism, maturity and experience he never once complained when he was not playing much at all in the first half of last season.

Rafa Benitez went out of his way to compliment the Republic of Ireland striker as a great example to the younger players, as Daryl continued to put in 100% effort in all of his training sessions.

>Daryl Murphy scores great goals against Birmingham last season

But when Dwight Gayle was injured in January with a hamstring problem,  in came Murphy and he did the job for Newcastle at what was a tricky part of the season for us and he became extremely well liked and appreciated by the Newcastle faithful.

Daryl will probably leave the club this summer for a top Championship side, but he will always be remembered for his contribution to the magnificent promotion effort of the 2017-2018 season when we were promoted again as Champions at the very first time of asking.

And to prove what a top man Daryl is – this is what he said when he knew he was not going to be wanted by Rafa for the coming season in the Premier League:

“I had no illusions that I was going to be starting for Newcastle in the Premier League if we got up.”

“I have got another year left on my contract and I will go back there for pre-season and just look at my options.”

“Last season was good though Rafa managed everything very well.”

“We had a lot of big name players and maybe if it had been another manager,  he wouldn’t have got the best out of them as there would have been players sulking.”

“I scored six times and felt I deserved my medal whereas before, when I was at Celtic, we won the Cup but I barely featured and didn’t take a medal then because I had not earned it.”

“This time I played my part. And I have Rafa to thank for that.” “To work with him, you see at first-hand how good he is and realise why he has such a superb CV.”

“His attention to detail, everything is spot-on.”  “He wants to know everything that is going on at the club.”  “He makes time for everyone.”

Thanks to the 34 year-old Irish striker for helping to get the job done for Newcastle United last season and we wish Daryl all the best wherever he may end up next season.

Did we say he is a top man?

🙂

• TacoFlavoredKisses ForMyBen-arfa

Jun 11, 2017 at 3:20 PM

class act. good luck to this pro. Maybe Hud will take him on loan

• jazzyp

Jun 11, 2017 at 4:06 PM

Wasn’t that inspired when he signed, But fair play he did the job he was brought in for.
    Good luck to the lad wherever he will end up

• sing in the corner

Jun 11, 2017 at 4:27 PM

Best of luck to big Murph. He can leave with his head held high, and in my opinion pound for pound outshone Mitro.

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 11, 2017 at 5:02 PM

Rather extend Murphys contract than Goufrans!

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 11, 2017 at 5:03 PM

Jazzy
    Takes a lot to make you happy. Miserable git! 😀 🙂

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 11, 2017 at 5:07 PM

Sunday afternoon. Blogs quiet. Everyone must be having a power hour after their Sunday dinner!

Jun 11, 2017 at 5:51 PM

This just in from the Northumberland Midget Strikers Association”
    “Given the current lack of employment for wor own English born midget strikers, particularly from the northeast, we find it deplorable that Newcastle United continue to bring in continental midgets. We want this practice to come up short! We can supply outstanding midget strikers at all levels given half a chance. This is no joke. Expecting a change in direction and an apology from Rafa immediately!”
    Well said Ben Small of said Association. Harrumph.

Jun 11, 2017 at 5:59 PM

A class act and gave us a good effort. Best wishes to Murphy. We’re going to need some decent replacements soon Rafa mate.

Jun 11, 2017 at 6:06 PM

Comment from Rafa:
    “I steel like ze continental midgets! Hee hee!

• lesh

Jun 11, 2017 at 6:15 PM

GeordieTwo

Naughty naughty. The blog’s Propiety Übergruppenfuhrer’ll be in touch if you continue with your inappropriate posts. ?

• martoon

Jun 11, 2017 at 6:16 PM

I watched the game on BBC2 today – I thought it was extremely poor that they didn’t stay on air long enough to show the lads getting the cup – I had to switch to Eurosport to watch it. I know TV companies have to stick to schedules but we were the favourites so there was a good chance we would win so they cold have allowed for it!

• jazzyp

Jun 11, 2017 at 6:16 PM

Shirebrook
    Evening buddy

Signing players like Carvalho.. Reina… Willems inspires me mate and gives me hope for Nufc.
    Not renewing Gouffy’s contract or going for a forward who’s both knees are f@cked in Ings.
    This summer we have a precedent to excel where we have failed miserably before in the transfer market,As I don’t believe Rafa will just settle for survival.
    Rafa is here to build something special and I’m gonna hold on tight as I’m sure it’s gonna be bumpy along the way

• martoon

Jun 11, 2017 at 6:17 PM

*cold = could

• nightfa11

Jun 11, 2017 at 6:39 PM

If rafa can sign reina, carvalho, willems, lejeuen/mangala, batsuyashi.. That would really be sth.. But the main challenge will probably be getting dead wood off our books.. Krul

• Ron Knee

Jun 11, 2017 at 6:56 PM

Nitro starting.

• Salmon Fish

Jun 11, 2017 at 6:58 PM

nightfa11
    Krul is not a deadwood. There are worst deadwoods than him ha ha..

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 11, 2017 at 7:05 PM

Evening Jazzy,
    Carvalho and Willems. How the big clubs haven’t taken those two is anyone’s guess. Signing those two would be mouthwatering and send out a real message that Rafa isn’t just planning on surviving next season but pushing for mid table.

Anyway as for Ings, Snodgrass etc. No thanks!

Rafa I’m strapped in ready to go mate. Over to you!

Pull that rabbit out the hat 🙂

Jun 11, 2017 at 7:09 PM

This statement just in from beermonkey concerning certain alleged acts committed against wor Ashley recently:
    “I did not poop in that man’s wellies. And I am also unaware of any wrongdoings of any well known honey badgers!”
    Thank you beermonkey for clearing that up mate.

Jun 11, 2017 at 7:13 PM

Lesh, I know that particular Ubergrupenfuhrer well and he has assured me I am already in deep trouble for any number of activities on said Blog. However I can only say as Official Blog Hobbit I cannot be charged with any misbehavior until I step down from this honoured position. I refuse to step down and you lot can’t make me!!!!

• jazzyp

Jun 11, 2017 at 7:14 PM

Shirebrook

It’s worth buying a season ticket alone just to see you grace SJP lol

Jun 11, 2017 at 7:15 PM

We not only have some dead wood on the books but also some fairly wormy, rotten wood as well nightfall. Some of it isn’t really wood anymore. It’s more a collection of moss, weeds and assorted mushrooms.

Jun 11, 2017 at 7:17 PM

Does anybody else have a picture of a man with bleeding nipples at the bottom of the page? That’s just so wrong!

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 11, 2017 at 7:24 PM

Jazzy
    Indeed, and you can give me a lift up there lol.

Jun 11, 2017 at 7:24 PM

British midget strikers are being short changed! Harrumph!

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 11, 2017 at 7:27 PM

G2
    I have an ad blocker so no longer have to see the repulsive ads at the bottom and top of page!

Also just in from the FA: “British midget strikers association need to stand up and be counted in order to be noticed”

• jazzyp

Jun 11, 2017 at 7:28 PM

Shirebrook

Hahaha ya own personal chauffeur as well eh….It’s gone to your head already lol

Jun 11, 2017 at 7:29 PM

What is sth nightfall mate? Are you trying to say Sith as in a Sith Lord? Are you saying Rafa is a Sith Lord? I would be happy with that……

Jun 11, 2017 at 7:30 PM

That’s just it Shirebrook mate. They were standing up and nobody noticed them! It’s a shocking situation. Always look down and check for midget strikers you lazy FA lot!

Jun 11, 2017 at 7:31 PM

Seeing that lad with bleeding nipples almost makes me pine for the good old days of toenail fungus ads!

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 11, 2017 at 7:32 PM

Jazzy
    Don’t be like that I thought we were mates lol.

If your up for car sharing mate let me know

• nightfa11

Jun 11, 2017 at 7:44 PM

Salmon

yeah i know…i wanted to write something else, but i somehow pressed submit 10 min earlier..:)

GeordieTwo

sth is something..according to my lazy teachers in slovenia 🙂

• jazzyp

Jun 11, 2017 at 7:45 PM

Shirebrook

Yeah sound mate. I don’t want ya crying on my shoulders all the way home for two and half hours tho ya know when we lose.
    Had enough of that wi missus ??

• jazzyp

Jun 11, 2017 at 7:46 PM

According to most betting sites we are the clear favourites to sign Batshuayi

Jun 11, 2017 at 7:47 PM

Who is this Salmon Fish person of whom I am not familiar with? Is this an old blogger with some fancy new pro-Piscean terminology? Is that you Ibiza? Are you trying to sneak on here with this new tag?

Jun 11, 2017 at 7:50 PM

Does anybody else think Gamez is a collection of moss, weeds and assorted mushrooms? He’s on the books for another year. Should we sell him to Wigan for some day passes to Blackpool Tower?

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 11, 2017 at 8:10 PM

Jazzy
    I’ll try to control myself lol. Don’t trust the betting sites mate. They’re as bad as the papers!

• Salmon Fish

Jun 11, 2017 at 8:23 PM

nightfa11 – Ah right , cheers!

G2 – I thought you are having fun and I don’t want to interrupt.I like some of your jokes by the way ha ha..

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 11, 2017 at 8:27 PM

Anyone seen Sunderlands new kit for next season. It’s fcuking awful lol

• beermonkey

Jun 11, 2017 at 8:36 PM

jazzy

Batshuayi is that onloan or a proper signing

• sing in the corner

Jun 11, 2017 at 8:37 PM

Shire
    Hahaha. ‘Fast food restaurant chic’