Newcastle’s Top Transfer Target Still Completely Undecided On Future

Tammy Abraham will be representing the England U21 side in the European U21 Championships to be held in Poland from June 16th through the end of the month.

Let’s hope the England team do as well as the England U20 side in the World U20 Championships in South Korea when we beat Venezuela 1-0 in yesterday’s final.

Newcastle goalkeeper Freddie Woodman was England’s hero with a great second half performance when he made several excellent saves including saving a penalty with just 15 minutes to go.

Tammy Abraham – impressive on loan at Bristol City last season

Former Newcastle assistant manager Paul Simpson was the coach for England and Paul did extremely well to win the title for the very first time for England.

It’s only the second world title England have won to go with the FIFA World Cup we won back in 1966 when we hammered West Germany 4-2 after extra time with Geoff Hurst getting a hat-trick.

Newcastle are supposed to be close to signing Abraham on loan for the season, but in his interview in the Mail today he still seems completely undecided on what he’s doing next season:

“I’m not sure what I’m doing next season, if I’m coming back, going elsewhere on loan or staying at Chelsea.”

“I haven’t decided yet. You have to stay open and things may come at different times but I have to dream big and that’s what I’m going to be doing.”

“When I first came to Bristol, knowing it was Championship football, playing against experienced men, I knew it would be tough,”

“You’d be hard pressed to find players as tall as me at academy level (he’s 6ft 4ins tall) but that all changed when I came here.”

“I had to adapt some parts of my game. I feel like I’ve learnt so much. You see how much winning and losing games matters.”

“The club has given me my first chance to express myself and show what I can do. For a team to have that belief in me is amazing.”

“I wouldn’t say it’s been better than I’d been expected but scoring goals is always what I’ve loved doing. I had the right mindset as well.”

“It’s going to be tough but our aim (England U21 side) is to win and do the best we can. I wouldn’t say we’re under pressure but we are going to do our best.”

“I have confidence going into it but it’s never going to be easy. Hopefully I’ve done enough this season to get into the team. If I have, I’ll work as hard as I can.”

“It’s still my ambition to be at the top level, and be playing for England – especially like a competition like the World Cup.

“You know there are other players out there, but to be picked for England it shows you are doing something right.”

“It’s a good feeling.”

From what Tammy has said there he seems some way off making any decision on where he will be playing next season and he even seems to be waiting for potential new loan offers still coming in.

What do you think?

• Spoof

Jun 12, 2017 at 9:39 AM

If he has any sense he will go to Brighton.

• lochinvar

Jun 12, 2017 at 9:47 AM

Dream big ?
    and then choose Brighton ?

Contradiction methinks

• ZIPPIE57

Jun 12, 2017 at 9:50 AM

Spoof
    Why if he has any sense go to Brighton?
    I thought this was a nufc fans blog ?

• Spoof

Jun 12, 2017 at 9:58 AM

Zip

It is, but he is a 6tf 4″ target man, which is not Rafa’s preference as we all know that he prefers the quicker more mobile striker, if he came here he would be a bit part player as Mitro and Murphy were to Gayle last season, whereas to in to Brighton he would be a young’s and improved version of Glenn Murray.

• ZIPPIE57

Jun 12, 2017 at 10:02 AM

Understand what your saying Spoof but it will be a stipulation written into the loan contract that he plays as much as fitness allows I would imagine mate

• martoon

Jun 12, 2017 at 10:05 AM

Spoof – As much as it pains me to say it – you can’t argue with your logic. Plus Brighton is a lot closer to London. If Rafa genuinely wants this lad I wonder if sees him as a replacement Mitro who he is planning to sell?

• Spoof

Jun 12, 2017 at 10:25 AM

Zip

Rafa cannot give that guarantee because the lad is unproven at PL level.

Martoon

That is how I see it, one bit part player replacing another bit part player, and like I said, Tammy would be mad to take that ahead of what he could get at Brighton

• jazzyp

Jun 12, 2017 at 11:11 AM

Edd
    If he is our top target then god help us this coming season

• geordiemark

Jun 12, 2017 at 11:19 AM

its dragging on a bit much this saga, its easy don’t bother coming here go to brighton, a player who just drags a club along doesn’t deserve the chance to play for the club so move along next 🙂

• WLtoon

Jun 12, 2017 at 11:20 AM

JazzyP
    Thats exactly what i was thinking., My god , if this kid is our top target we might as well throw the towel in now.

• one fine day

Jun 12, 2017 at 11:37 AM

Jazzy p
    My thoughts too. ” top target ?” A player who is a long way off the finished article .
    To me if he isn’t keen on the move then let him go to Brighton . If you are his age and given the chance to play in front of 52,000 once a fortnight and still need to think about it ..then you are not for us .
    Last one we had who wasn’t keen to come was thauvin and look how that worked out ?
    batshuayi Would be a better option ,as he would be more of a loan with option to buy like atsu was .
    If he doesn’t work out we give him back .simples .
    Last thing I wNt is my brother in law (Chelsea w@nker)reminding me of nufc being a ” feeder club “

• Phil K

Jun 12, 2017 at 2:16 PM

We’re being pissed about by a kid who’s ego seems to be so big its in orbit around himself. Where did we get this before ? Nile Ranger..
    Andy Cole came in quietly and got on with the job.
    Look elsewhere Rafa – I’m getting sick of this bloke.
    Look to the Nigerian lad in Belgium and/or Batsyi at Chelsea.
    We’ve wasted enough time on this bloke already

• Bryan

Jun 12, 2017 at 5:59 PM

We should pull the plug asap on a unproven kid who has to think twice about a move to NUFC. Who does he think he is? Stop wasting precious time and move on to another target who is willing to wear our shirt with pride.