Disturbing News – Benitez Becoming Very Agitated With Lack Of Signings

The Sunday People is reporting today that Rafa Benitez is becoming a little agitated at Newcastle with the lack of signings so far in the summer transfer window, with only days to go before preseason training begins.

Journalist Neil Moxley is reporting tensions are rising on Tyneside because of a distinct lack of progress in getting players through the door.

It’s not unlike what happened last summer, but the big difference is we have gone after players this summer and we have failed to get them through the door.

That’s a little different to what happened last summer, which overall was an extremely positive and successful transfer window.

But you just know Newcastle fans are also starting to get a little bit worried too.

We missed out on the saga of the summer so far – with Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham  and the Chelsea club not thinking he would get enough starts at Newcastle, so he went to Swansea last week instead.

We also failed to sign free-agent former Manchester City keeper Willy Caballero although we could still sign Pepe Reina from Napoli where he’s still having trouble doing a contract extension to stay in Italy.

We also went after Sporting center-back Ruben Semedo who preferred to move to the Spanish League and signed for Valencia.

The £8.7M move to sign Eibar defender Florian Lejeune by activating the release clause in his contract is stalling – with the People reporting it’s because of issues with meeting his buy-out clause.

While it’s true fans are becoming just a little but worried they still have full confidence in Rafa Benitez.

And if we are not signing these players because of daft things like not paying a little extra for them to seal the deal then we should change that policy.

Quickly.

Remember last summer Rafa had to persuade Lee Charnley to pay out that little bit more to sign Matt Ritchie from Bournemouth and Matt was just fabulous for us – he loves Newcastle, scored 16 goals for us and was the Player of the Season.

Hey – maybe Rafa knows that he’s talking about.

We hope that Lee And Mike Ashley will trust Rafa more and if he says we should pay that little extra for some players, they (Lee Charnley and Mike Ashley) should take that advice because Rafa is very likely to be accurate in his judgement.

Newcastle are going after some good players and if we can sign top players like Lejeune, Fernando, Vincent Aboubakar and Pepe Reina things will look a lot brighter very quickly.

But we don’t want to get all negative about this – it’s a very difficult transfer window for everybody concerned and all we need is say three players signed in the next 8 days and we’ll still be in good shape.

Very good shape in fact.

What do you think.

• lochinvar

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:14 AM

Just clarify earlier blogs
    Watford have completed the signing of midfielder Will Hughes from Derby County for £8m on a five-year deal

• will die for the toon army

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:24 AM

Sunday Bullsh&t. There is no credibility in whatever is written.I think those players chose better clubs than us and I would respect their decisions.

• jazzyp

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:24 AM

Well I hope this is Media drivel guys. Because if it isn’t, Then we are Royally F@cked.
    To be honest the transfer targets that Rafa is alleged miffed at are worrying anyway,As this has been my debate all along regarding the standard of players we are linked with

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:24 AM

Me – I got a funny feeling also – that RAFA won’t be there at the beginning of the season.

I wonder if this finance bloke – I think he is form MASH holdings has been brought into run the club finances/buying and selling of players.

Maybe there was not a been struggle between Carr and RAFA and Carr got out due to lack of transfers/funds

Ashley like the F**kin tory party runs the Country – got no money – got to have austerity starve the public workers yet line there own pockets -tw*ats

• geordiemark

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:26 AM

we will see if theres any truth in this ill give it a couple of weeks see who we sign, but If this is true then theres going to be massive problems with the fans v Ashley

• nightfa11

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:28 AM

The only player we can regret missing out so far is semedo..but he wanted to move to Villarreal (not Valencia..)

As for others.. Willy? Who cares, Tammy? 4,7 mio for a season loan for a teen who never played in epl.. Again.. Who cares..

Anyway.. It’s just paper talk..

• geordiemark

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:29 AM

Charlie in the Gallowgate yeah I agree with you this man from mash holdins looks as though hes been chucking his weight around with carr gone now and charmley is as much use as a chocolate watch really, the fans are buying there season tickets and the mention of Chinese investment heard all this before to do the same thing as before but I will give it 2 weeks see whats what then

• Bambams

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:30 AM

Hadn’t spotted new thread !

Charlie..

Cheers for sharing your worries also. The person has never shared anything with us before – they are very professional but it is obviously something that is causing concern.

Like I said I wasn’t going to share it but this person would definitely not make this up and I have relayed exactly what I was told.

Like you say add to this the Rangers sale of shares, this new bloke who has come in, no signings even at 8.7 million….

But Rafa is not daft so hopefully he knows something we don’t and it will get sorted.

Cheers fella

• geordiemark

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:32 AM

Bambams I hope so for ashleys sake because fans wont put up with this before the outbreak of war looms 🙂

• Munster Mag

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:34 AM

I would be worried about signings but really only semedo is a loss. Maguire to Leicester wasn’t good but we won’t play 17m in a hurry. I think Everton have about 4 new guys and spent loads. Why was Rafa chasing tammy anyway? No loss.

• geordiemark

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:34 AM

Bambams so enlighten me what has been said ??

• Munster Mag

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:36 AM

Can’t say I love the new look blog. No numbers on posts 🙁

• nufc 11

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:40 AM

Don’t think this is true but you won’t see rafa in front of the media saying the classic “we just couldn’t get him over the line” statement he is a bit like Ferguson in that respect he wont except incompetence interesting few weeks ahead it will book down to rafa wanting the signings in early and ready for road or Ashley delaying trying to get a cheaper deal in the hope things fall into his lap.

• reilly

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:40 AM

Big problems at sjp.
    Fkin Charnley man.

• catchy in norway

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:43 AM

CLICK BAIT

• expatmag

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:43 AM

I doubt this is correct. Abrahams wanted guaranteed starts. Rafa refused. Swansea agreed.

Best story I read on the web today was in some rag saying Chelsea preferred him to join sleepy old Swansea because they were worried about him being seduced by the legendary geordie nightlife…..lol

• Bambams

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:43 AM

Geordiemark

It’s nothing huge fella. I know someone who works for Newcastle United and I spoke with this person on Thursday. All of us who worked with them in their previous job know they won’t divulge anything so we never ask.

It was just a chat and I mentioned about no signings and my mate replied ” All is not well at Newcastle and it is not a happy ship” exact words. We know not to ask as they are too professional to add anything else.

This person would not make it up and I only decided to share it after the recent rumours.

It’s not massive but coming from this person I know that something is going on.

But like I say hopefully Rafa can get this sorted.

• Ron Knee

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:43 AM

If we do lose Rafa (God forbid), Keith Bishop will have to be at the top of his game to manage the inevitable sh*tstorm!

• geordiemark

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:48 AM

Bambams its been like that since the 70s though, mind it was better when keegan was there but nothing really has changed, all this talk of takeover really to me is just a con trick to get the fans snapping up the season tickets and its working again, there is no way the team we have can compete in the league really we need at least 8 top quality signings and if we don’t get them its back to the fizzy pop league so its either Ashley buys them or sells the club and asking 400 million for the club is just crazy really no one in there right mind would part with that sort of cash

• Bambams

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:50 AM

Ron Knee

You are spot on there. Makes you wonder if Ash is about to leave so isn’t worried about the flak.

Fans will be in uproar, but as was said yesterday the only thing predictable about Ashley is his unpredictability

• hibbit

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:51 AM

still think this is all to do with a take over
    Ashleys on the way out and he wants to take as much as he can with him that’s why Barnes is here

• Bambams

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:53 AM

Geordiemark

You may well be spot on, I just can’t see Ashley going through all the grief again if the fans turn against him.

Which also makes you wonder if something is happening with a takeover. Ash is so secretive in his dealings you never find out what is going on until it happens.

• Bambams

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:53 AM

Hibbit

Spot on, my thoughts exactly mate

• geordiemark

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:54 AM

Ron Knee naa these kind of people just run away really, I do think all sports direct shops would need to shut for a while though 🙂 wonder if Ashley would have the sas pop round to protect him, hes had his money out the club plus if you add all the free advertising he has had that alone would go into the tens of millions in lost revenue for the club plus the money we supposedly owe him yeah hes done alright hasn’t he

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:55 AM

Newcastle United remind me how the TORY party runs this Country

Got no money – got to have austerity, cut the NHS, cut the Police, cut the fire service, cut welfare sell of public services through the back door, dodgy arm deals – ain’t got a clue what they are doing with Brexit, Big boss men getting richer, and their members of parliament arse leak to the supreme leader

And still the Tories will still vote for them whatever and
    we the supporters including me will still support them

Remind you of a football club!!!

• Ron Knee

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:55 AM

Let’s see where we’re at on 3rd July.

• expatmag

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:56 AM

Bambam

Not wanting to call your mate a liar but if things were so bad at the club, Rafa would have gone at the end of last season when he gad his discussions with Ashley.

Secondly, there have been NO denials from the club regarding takeovers and/or investment in the club. If this was untrue, the club have a history of denying major leaks such as this in the past.

Thirdly, the club clearly in the past do not respond to gossip and only announce new signings when contracts have been signed. The majority of player contracts run to the 30th June and whilst negotuations can take place beforehand, the club will not nake announcements until deals have been tied up. First couple of weeks in July could ve crucial.

• Bianconeri

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:56 AM

If we haven’t signed anyone in first week of July then I would be worried.We all know how cashley loves money so he will have saved wages by not paying staff (players) till they actually do some work.Lets hope he goes and quickly.

• geordiemark

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:58 AM

Bambams it will be far worse then when keegan went I think really, if rafa goes then god help Ashley because he will need him it wont be nothing he doesn’t deserve in my eyes hes taken the fans and club for a complete mug for 10 years and I point the finger at the halls and shepard as well

• Bambams

Jun 25, 2017 at 9:03 AM

Expatmag

There is absolutely no way this person would make this up.

I have known this person over 20 years and is one of the most professional person I ever worked with.

Rafa was happy after discussions with Ash but as we all know Ash can change very quickly when money is involved.

Like I say I just hope this gets sorted and Rafa is not Keegan so maybe he can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Cheers fella

• expatmag

Jun 25, 2017 at 9:05 AM

The other point I would also make and to be honest, Ashley could have a point here is that we have a lot of players on long contracts or/and returning from loans which takes our squad strength into the low/mid 30s. A lot of these playrs cost a hell of a lot of money.

Before signing more players, Rafa may well be instructed to move some on like Sels.

Why would we need another keeper when we already hace 4 compotent in that pisition, even with Sels gone?

• hibbit

Jun 25, 2017 at 9:09 AM

geordiemark
    don’t forget Westwood and McKeag they well and truly got their share

• expatmag

Jun 25, 2017 at 9:11 AM

The transfer market us crazy anyway……out of control the same as players wages.

I mean…..17 million for Maguire and I see Bournemouth are prepared to pay 20 million quid for a distictly average Chelsea reserve Ake.

Man City want in excess of 20 million for yhat Nigerian teenager……fuxing ridiculous

• geordiemark

Jun 25, 2017 at 9:26 AM

hibbit ohh aye your right there I remember both of them westwood was the worse one really wouldn’t spend anything I remember the time all the board members had to pay 2 grand each to save the club and all of them complained about it but taken thousands out of the club

• kc2012

Jun 25, 2017 at 9:51 AM

Lochinvar

Will Hughes went for £4.5m not £8m. Could rise to £7m. Dunno where you get 8 from.

• Slank

Jun 25, 2017 at 10:17 AM

I’m not too worried.

Tammy Abraham is a Chelsea reserve who had a good Championship season but is untested at the highest level and possibly no better than the forwards we already have. I doubt he would have been first or even second choice.

Willy Caballero is possibly no better than Elliot and Darlow (or perhaps Krul if still around). Same with Caballero I doubt he would have been first or even second choice.

Ruben Semedo preferred to cross the border to a Spanish club from a Portuguese club which shouldn’t be a surprise as it’s possibly the least cultural shock possible.

Florian Lejeune transfer is a slight concern but nothing has appeared in the media so far to suggest it will not happen.

All managers would like to have all the new players in their clubs on the first day back from the holidays but it rarely, if ever, happens and managers are being realists know this.