A Nice Bit Of Class From This Newcastle Youngster

We had high hopes of Haris Vuckic when he was signed in January of 2009 from Slovenian club Domzale, in what turned out to be a relegation season for the club.

Coming in as a 16 year-old he was one of the best young players in Europe at that time with some top clubs interested in him.

But he chose Newcastle and we thought we had a future top-class player on our hands, but he ended up playing only 19 first team games for Newcastle with a single goal.

Haris Vuckic while at Newcastle

That was mainly because of all the injuries he picked up during his time on Tyneside.

But Haris has learned not to burn his bridges and he’s sent a classy tweet thanking Newcastle fans for all they did to help him during the time he was at the club.

Haris has joined FC Twente in Holland where the play will suit his style better than in England – so it’s thumbs up from the 24 year-old.

We wish Haris all the best for his future.

• Ibizatoon

Jun 26, 2017 at 7:08 PM

“Holland where the play will suit his style better than in England”

Do they play in bubble wrap then?

Good luck Haris.

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 26, 2017 at 7:14 PM

Ibiza
    They play in Zorbs so he will be fine 🙂

• Ibizatoon

Jun 26, 2017 at 7:17 PM

Shire…I wish that was true. It’d be compulsive viewing 🙂

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 26, 2017 at 7:17 PM

Especially if it was on water too 😀

• RUNAWAY777

Jun 26, 2017 at 7:17 PM

Come on give the lad a break he’s never called our great club

• jazzyp

Jun 26, 2017 at 7:22 PM

Pity we didn’t do a buy one get one free.And he took Riviere with him.
    Good luck to the lad tho, should do better in the Dutch league

• cyprus

Jun 26, 2017 at 7:23 PM

Ed
    Have you read somewhere that Rafa isn’t too happy we haven’t signed anyone in the last 2-3 weeks?

And, if he isn’t too happy, shouldn’t he also be that with himself, if like you’ve said he’s now running the show?

It’s either or. If you know what I mean.

• Ibizatoon

Jun 26, 2017 at 7:25 PM

Shire…This simply needs to happen.

• Ibizatoon

Jun 26, 2017 at 7:27 PM

Cyrpus…The thing is, Rafa has complete control, apart from the final decision making.

Not sure what’s unclear about that 🙂

• jazzyp

Jun 26, 2017 at 7:40 PM

I wonder what Torq is up to now???

On a sunbed somewhere with B&B I would imagine!!

• Ibizatoon

Jun 26, 2017 at 7:41 PM

Jazzy…I wonder about Torq too. Wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea with his ITK label, but was a decent poster imo.

Which B&B are you referring to?

• RUNAWAY777

Jun 26, 2017 at 7:49 PM

Where’s toontsff2 tonight normally on by now anyway count down 5 days to the 1st then let the firework start, let’s see if we have any precontracts with players.

• jazzyp

Jun 26, 2017 at 7:52 PM

Ibiza

I thought Torq was quite an intuitive guy and was quite knowledgeable.
    I remember him predicting Sdj way before it happened to the day.
    I always thought there was a lot of jealousy shown towards him which eventually drove him away.
    As for BnB…. your good lady friend !!

• Ibizatoon

Jun 26, 2017 at 7:57 PM

Jazzy….BandB. I miss her.

You’re right about Torq, his info did seem good. Wasn’t he a medic?

On the other hand, I do get why people get wound up with ITK’s…can be a bit much when your nerves are already on edge.

• Ron Knee

Jun 26, 2017 at 8:02 PM

Didn’t BandB say she was ill?

• Ibizatoon

Jun 26, 2017 at 8:04 PM

Ron…She did. Hope she’s ok.

• Ron Knee

Jun 26, 2017 at 8:08 PM

It’s been a long time since she posted, Ibiza.

• jazzyp

Jun 26, 2017 at 8:08 PM

Ibiza

He was something like that. I think he was based over in Europe quite a bit and was predominantly brought in when Medicals were booked in, Hence where his knowledge proved more than often good.
    I can understand why the lads were wary of his input because if you can remember around that time we had a mass influx of Itk’s, And it became a bit of a joke on here.

• GeordieTwo

Jun 26, 2017 at 8:10 PM

Yes I miss BandB as well. She always gave me a good sorting out on here. Richly deserved I might add. As for all the rumours and innuendo, we know the answer for that. Facts! Not alternate facts, real facts. And I’m on the case as you all know. As Senior Official Club Journo I will never let you down. The man with paper bag on head is returning for another exclusive interview lads. Stay tuned…..

• Ibizatoon

Jun 26, 2017 at 8:11 PM

Ron…A very long time. She did say she didn’t intend to post anymore. In my opinion, a huge loss to the blog.

BandB…If you’re reading…hello, hope you’re well, say hi.

With that, I must be off. Clients call.

• GeordieTwo

Jun 26, 2017 at 8:14 PM

Just want to add a well deserved thankyou to Ibizatoon for the all expenses paid trip. Everything was bloody purfec. Cyril is still raving about it….

• Legolas

Jun 26, 2017 at 8:18 PM

Jazzy/Ibiza

I used just read the blog before I posted and still don’t post much but when I first came on I asked about Torq as I used to enjoy his post’s and the info he used to give to us all.

I am sure Someone said that they thought he might of passed away. I tenner being quite shocked.

• RUNAWAY777

Jun 26, 2017 at 8:19 PM

By the way what happened to jail hes not banged up

• Legolas

Jun 26, 2017 at 8:20 PM

Tenner = remember

• jazzyp

Jun 26, 2017 at 8:24 PM

Legolas

I didn’t know or had heard of that mate.
    Crazy when he lived and associated in the health and fitness of others

• GeordieTwo

Jun 26, 2017 at 8:26 PM

Right then beermonkey what has happened to the rocket powered wheeled bobsled? Ahhhhhhhhh!!!! What’s that you say? Lost at sea? Don’t give me that look beermonkey how could it be lost at sea. It’s a land dweller! We don’t take it out to sea mate!!! Unbelievable……

• jazzyp

Jun 26, 2017 at 8:27 PM

Runaway

Say Candyman 5 times in the mirror and the Nightmare will be summoned

• GeordieTwo

Jun 26, 2017 at 8:29 PM

So you’d had a nice evening at the pub and you decided to set a new land speed record….. I see….. And then somehow you took a wrong turn and ended up really letting loose on a pier of some kind….. hmmmm…. and then you remember being pulled out of the North Sea by some kind of rescue boat??? This is horrible beermonkey! It’s going to take me several days to knock together another one of those beauties……

• GeordieTwo

Jun 26, 2017 at 8:30 PM

Legolas I remember seeing you at the last Blog End hobbit and elf party mate….. Those were some good times weren’t they?

• Legolas

Jun 26, 2017 at 8:31 PM

I know mate. As I said I used to enjoy his posts.

• hibbit

Jun 26, 2017 at 8:34 PM

Legolas
    that’s very sad if true
    always put up a good post and was always a very enjoyable knowledgeable read
    believe his specialty was cardiovascular monitoring or something like that

• RUNAWAY777

Jun 26, 2017 at 8:40 PM

Jazzyp Haven’t got time now maybe tomorrow, time for me to start work bro

• nightfa11

Jun 26, 2017 at 9:04 PM

i dont belive rafa will walk..ashley cant afford to lose him.. if rafa walks, chinese might too..or at very least clubs value drops by…god knows how much.. chinese get the upper hand..and mikey wont like that..

• giimps

Jun 26, 2017 at 9:11 PM

I remember Craig cozy keeping us informed which footballers were booked into the jesmond dene hotel , as far as I can remember, the real tranquil Barnetta is still locked in the gym cupboard and is only allowed out on his birthday …….the fake one has been plying his not so expert trade for ST.Gallan and is nowhere near the player stuck in the cupboard, Joe Kinnear has the only key ………poor Tranquil

• supermac69

Jun 26, 2017 at 9:29 PM

Alreet lads, I’m not sure people need to be panicking just yet, let’s look at the facts and not journo shite, the championship normally starts earlier than the prem, we didn’t sign anybody til July last season, never has Rafa come out and said he’s frustrated and nee tiddlywinks have been seen in SJP, the time to judge will be 1st week in July and I honk we will be ok, so keep the faith lads
    HWTL

• Jib

Jun 26, 2017 at 9:38 PM

honk for think !!!!
    Who t f you been texting ?

• Our Toon

Jun 26, 2017 at 9:41 PM

Supermac

We can’t afford to get off to the start we had last season, players need to gel and we are a million miles off being the strongest in this league which we weren’t last season.

• Jib

Jun 26, 2017 at 9:47 PM

Henry Onyekuru has been granted a UK work permit , so is coming to these shores !
    Is it at SJP or the Emirates he will be showing his remarkable skills this coming season?

• Jib

Jun 26, 2017 at 9:50 PM

Our Toon

Equally

We are a million miles off being the weakest in this league

• martoon

Jun 26, 2017 at 9:52 PM

For those asking about BandB I seem to remember she once said she was ill – something like Cervical Cancer (I might have it wrong but it was something nasty). I was on the wrong side of her sharp tongue quite a few times but she is a miss to the blog – I hope her treatment went well.