Who Are The Players Newcastle Could Sign In The Next Five Days?


The player we are hoping gets signed imminently is 26 year-old French center-back Florian Lejeune and we have been told the deal is almost wrapped up, but we have been told that for the last  two weeks.

So we are hoping we can have an early breakthrough this week and sign this player.

We have also been linked with 25 year-old Torino central midfielder Afriyie Acquah for around £8M and the player has made it very clear he wants to join Newcastle, as he is aware of the news going around that we are interested in signing him.

25 year-old Cameroon striker Vincent Aboubakar

In the last week we have been continually been linked with Cameroon striker, 25 year-old Vincent Aboubakar who is at Porto, but he was on loan last season at Besiktas and he scored 19 goals in 38 games for the Turkish club and was in fine form.

Newcastle have been linked recently with 23 year-old Hull City left-back Andre Robertson who is a Scottish International and if we could get this lad in for around £8M that would be a very good acquisition for the club.

Rafa also wants a couple of new wingers brought in this summer and take you pick.

We have been linked with two England U21 Internationals in Jacob Murphy of Norwich and Demarai Gray of Leicester City – in addition to the Foxes’ Tom Lawrence, who is also interesting Newcastle.

Our best bet may be to get Jacob Murphy in for £8M from Norwich City and maybe we can also bring in his twin brother Josh in a double deal – Josh is also a very good player for the Canaries.

Another England U21 International who did very well in the European Championships – we lost 4-3 to Germany yesterday on penalties after the score was 2-2 after extra time – is 22 year-old Arsenal defender Calum Chambers who former club Southampton are also interested in taking back this summer.

We are also in negotiations with Benfica for two of their players in Greek central midfielder Andres Samaris and Argentine center-back Lisandro Lopez.

Another central midfielder we are said to be after is 31 year-old Argentine Enzo Perez of Valencia, but he may decide to return to South America and River Plate.

Rafa Benitez last summer shocked us a few times with some of the players he brought in and we would be very happy if he did the same thing over the next week or so – we need around three new players through the door fairly quickly.

Things will look a lot better then and we will also have some momentum in the market, so it’s certainly not the time to panic at all.

What do you think?

Comments welcome.



You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr

18 comments so far

  • Munster Mag

    Jun 28, 2017 at 2:47 PM

    Comment #1

    It’s beginning to look like we could be in a bit of a pickle. We have had weeks to get things done but nothing has happened. Are some of these guys even rafa’s first choice? We were led a merry dance by the young Chelsea striker and I have no idea why we were bothering with him. So is it Ashley or his lieutenant who is messing up? I presume Fats?

    2
  • Malta Mag

    Jun 28, 2017 at 2:51 PM

    Comment #2

    I’m on this blog 5-6 times a day desperate to see some action but I’ve now lost faith in any of the rumors. I honestly believe that by the weekend we’ll have landed 2 players but reckon they could be completely new names as I believe all these rumors are just purposely made smoke screens.

    16
  • WWSBRD

    Jun 28, 2017 at 2:55 PM

    Comment #3

    I dont recall being shocked by who we brought in last summer tbh barring Ritchie who sort of was because he was playing a lot of football at Bournemouth

    I reckon Chambers would be a steal if we can get him Gibson and Keane got all the press but Chambers was great last season for Boro and Gray would be fantastic as well long been a fan not overly fussed by the rest tbh

    1
  • OneAlanShearer

    Jun 28, 2017 at 2:55 PM

    Comment #4

    I firmly believe we can all log off until July 1st. As nothing is going to happen until then.

    3
  • Essex Geordie Bill

    Jun 28, 2017 at 2:59 PM

    Comment #5

    Ok. logging off, back sometime Monday.

    0
  • Essex Geordie Bill

    Jun 28, 2017 at 3:00 PM

    Comment #6

    Or even Saturday.

    0
  • BenbulbenMag

    Jun 28, 2017 at 3:02 PM

    Comment #7

    I don’t expect to see anything before the new financial year starts. Whether that means we might see something on Saturday or Monday I’m not sure.

    We’ve been linked to a huge number of transfers (just like we knew we would) but this year is about consolidation, so if we see 3-5 good signings (not looking for anything marquee) I’ll be happy.

    0
  • Toonces

    Jun 28, 2017 at 3:07 PM

    Comment #8

    I think July 1st is a fair guess. Although the FA transfer window opened on June 10th, the uefa window opens on July 1st. Seeing as how we need to move players out and many of them will likely be going to destinations on the continent, that can’t really happen until that window opens. Of course, pre-agreements can be made but the general overall lack of transfer activity amongst all clubs – Everton excepted – serves to ease the transfer pressure for me.

    5
  • RUNAWAY777

    Jun 28, 2017 at 3:10 PM

    Comment #9

    Ed give over with all these players I go to bed now dreaming of these players

    1
  • Toonces

    Jun 28, 2017 at 3:14 PM

    Comment #10

    Speaking of Everton – it looks to me like they are spending their Lukaku and Barkley money in advance not to mention their extra PL money. Good for them. Mind you it ticks me off when I think of the season after our 5th place finish and compare us to Everton now. And everyone said Everton was crazy for signing Lukaku for 25M or whatnot. That was a statement/club changing signing and set the foundation to push forward.

    6
  • Bobbybee

    Jun 28, 2017 at 3:14 PM

    Comment #11

    Still not sure how many – if any – of these names we’ve actually had any interest in. Can’t recall the club saying anything about any of them other than Tammy tap in – or to air Chelsea’s concerns Tammy tap up – so it will be nice to know exactly who Rafa actually wants. Doubt we’ll hear anything though until the deal is virtually done.
    Noticeable by his absence in these linked players however is Townsend. Considering people were concerned Rafa would walk over him, it is odd he appears not to want to bother with him. He’s got a release clause we could trigger if we wanted him, yet silence on this is extremely loud.
    Anybody any ideas why this would be?

    4
  • ToonMauritius

    Jun 28, 2017 at 3:21 PM

    Comment #12

    Come on MA show the money.
    Do anyone remember that we made no signing during a transfer window, I kept waiting on this blog till midnight on the last day.

    0
  • WLtoon

    Jun 28, 2017 at 3:46 PM

    Comment #13

    BobbyBee
    Ive never given Townsend a second thought over this window but now you mention him i think you may be onto something. I wonder what percentage of fans would be glad to see him back.

    0
  • kc2012

    Jun 28, 2017 at 3:52 PM

    Comment #14

    Vincent Aboubakars agent said yesterday that he was in talks with Besiktas and Lorient….Absolutely zero mention of Newcastle. The only player weve been properly linked with really is Abraham….A youth team player on loan. Trust Rafa fully but have zero trust in Ashley or egg head but the season is still about 6 weeks away so either way players will be coming in. Some very decent players who will be out of contract across Europe in the next few days so maybe they are the ones in ‘low key’ talks first but its anyones guess.

    4
  • kc2012

    Jun 28, 2017 at 3:55 PM

    Comment #15

    Also one of our other ‘targets’ Carlos Alena has apparently signed a new ‘Three-year-old’….Surely a typo unless he just likes signing up kids as a hobby.

    http://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/barcelona-midfielder-signs-new-three-year-old-amid-premier-leagu-66987

    2
  • giimps

    Jun 28, 2017 at 4:36 PM

    Comment #16

    It wouldnt be q great idea to advertise who were after, like Bobby said, wel just have to wait and see.
    Roll on the Spurs game, I can hardly wait, i have my stash of bovril cubes ready and my flask……bring it on

    3
  • Bryan

    Jun 28, 2017 at 4:59 PM

    Comment #17

    “We are said to be after”?
    I am sick to death of hearing this from every media outlet. How can any of us be down beat on any of these rumours of players not signing yet when we have no idea if Rafa has any interest in them at all?
    99% of these “we are said to be after” are just newspaper fillers of lazy journalists. If Ashley was questioning the way Rafa was trying to do business in the transfer window i have no doubt Rafa would have walked by now, thats for sure. So lets just wait and see and have trust in Rafa.

    0
  • widowmagandapoke

    Jun 29, 2017 at 6:38 PM

    Comment #18

    Bryan, you may just be right.

    0

You must log in to post a comment.