Report – Rafa Benitez Getting Serious About Leaving Newcastle Before Start Of Season

You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr

The Sun is reporting today that Rafa Benitez is now getting serious about walking away from Newcastle because of very little progress being made in the transfer market.

It looks like the very best we can do before training starts on Monday morning is to bring in one new player  Florian Lejeune – who the club have been trying to sign for weeks and latest reports have said we are still trying to negotiate how to pay the £8.7M fee- with Newcastle wanting to pay in two installments.

The Sun’s report by Neil Ashton says that Rafa Benitez is prepared to leave Newcastle before the season starts because he is so frustrated about the level of transfers and the fact that we have missed out on nearly all of our targets so far this summer.

Rafa Benitez – serious about walking out

Rafa is reported to be concerned that unless major improvements are made to the squad, then Newcastle could well be in another relegation fight in the coming season – something that nobody associated with the wants to happen.

We’d be surprised if Rafa walks out and we have to be aware of scaremongering in the national press, but he has done this before when things that were promised are not done and he is still very wary of Mike Ashley and what the owner’s real ambitions are for Newcastle.

Of course if Rafa walks then Newcastle are in huge trouble again and fans will never forgive owner Mike Ashley four screwing up once again when everything looked so rosy for the club.

We hope this report is not accurate and the Chronicle are reporting their Newcastle sources have dismissed the claims made by the Sun that Rafa Benitez is ready to leave Newcastle.

But the news is lingering that Rafa is not happy and we haven’t yet seen a breakthrough in the transfer market.

We have to hope that the new revised transfer plan, where priority targets have been identified, will bear some fruit and we’ll see some players coming through the door over the next week or two.

The other thing that may happen is on Monday or Tuesday when Rafa is interviewed hopefully he will put to bed these rumors – Newcastle have a great future – we just have to be a lot more aggressive to sign our transfer targets.

Comments welcome.



You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr