This Young, Talented And Determined Player Deserves All The Luck At Newcastle

We are really hoping that Rolando Aarons can stay free of injury this season, after having a really bad time of it over the last three years with one serious injury after another.

Rolando has just recovered from an Anterior Cruciate Ligament injury to his knee and he is now fully fit and ready to go for the new season.

The 21 year-old has been doing some training before preseason started so he is already in good shape and we hope he can have a great preseason and then an outstanding season in the Premier League so he can start fulfilling his undoubted and enormous potential.

A fit and determined looking Rolando Aarons arrives for training at Benton yesterday

The 21 year-old has had to put up with some heart-break already in his short career with his many injuries, but he’s also shown he’s a strong character who can over some these unfortunate setbacks.

Rolando has been speaking to nufcTV and this is some of that he had to say:

“You always have competition at a club like this and this season is no different and I look forward to the competition that will bring the best out of me.”

“I’ve been doing a bit of training off-season to get me ready for preseason so it’s been quite a busy period. I had to strengthen my knee to make sure that it obviously doesn’t happen again, so I’ve been working hard in the gym over the summer to make sure.”

“I was getting better towards the end of the season and I didn’t really want to slow down with the eight weeks we had off, so I’ve just kept doing what I needed to do, so I can maintain and improve. I feel good, I feel strong and ready for the season.”

“I’m looking to establish myself, play every game and take that into the season because I want to play for Newcastle United. I’m not worried about last season, I’m just focusing on this season and player every game.”

“Been good to see the boys, get into the team mode again because I was doing a lot of work by myself so it’s just been good to be around the boys in training – they’re good lads and the training room has got good energy. It’s good to be back.”

“The boys are excited for the season, backing the Premier League, you can it around the training ground over the last few days.”

“I’m buzzing and just taking it day by day.”

If Rolando can stay of injuries and with the guidance and coaching of Rafa Benitez he can become a top player in the game – but we have to keep him fit and free of injury.

Here’s hoping!

Personal note – I had comprehensive blood tests this morning and have been given the go-ahead to have my 5th (of six) chemotherapy infusions tomorrow afternoon at Rex Cancer Center in Raleigh – about 10 minutes from where we live.

The first 7 to 10 days after the infusion are usually the worst with exhaustion the main side effect – and there may be fewer articles on some of those days.

Let’s hope we can keep Rafa happy and get more players through the door during this coming period too.

🙂

• jazzyp

Jul 5, 2017 at 5:45 PM

Edd

I wish you all the best mate in your Treatment and hopefully a step closer to a healthy happiness.

• SPRINGY

Jul 5, 2017 at 5:45 PM

Hope ya dont feel to rough ed,keep up the fight,keep ya heed up mate.

• jazzyp

Jul 5, 2017 at 5:46 PM

Stoke City have accepted a bid that could rise to £3m from Burnley for striker Jon Walters, Sky sources have revealed.

He’s yet to complete a medical and agree personal terms but we understand the transfer could be completed before the start of next week.

Walters has made over 250 appearances for Stoke in his seven years at the club.
    This paves the way for Andre Gray’s departure with numerous Pl clubs showing interest

• RUNAWAY777

Jul 5, 2017 at 5:48 PM

Hope lad stay fit but can we take chance on that every season he has broken down and been out for long stints too

• jazzyp

Jul 5, 2017 at 5:48 PM

On Aaron’s I think it depends massively if he can stay fit or not that will shape his season.
    Same goes For Sdj. Could be a big player for us if injury free

• Bambams

Jul 5, 2017 at 5:51 PM

Ed
    Stay strong fella and don’t worry about the blog.

You have us all supporting you.

• toon kk

Jul 5, 2017 at 5:53 PM

Aarons has so much pace and with alot of pacy players ham string injuries seem to be a price/problem they often pay.
    I hope he can stay fit, there’s a lot of potential there.

• jazzyp

Jul 5, 2017 at 5:54 PM

According to L’Equipe, Willy Boly (FC Porto) has agreed to join Wolves on loan with an option to buy of €12m, while a deal for Ruben Neves looks very close to being made official.

Wtf is going off at Wolves. All players I would be happy with at Nufc

• GeordieTwo

Jul 5, 2017 at 5:55 PM

Good luck with the treatments Ed. We’ll be pulling for you.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 5, 2017 at 5:57 PM

Once I heard we were after Mickey Rooney I knew we would be serious contenders for the title this season. He’s short and compact. Perfect competition for the midget strikers…..

• Zekalea

Jul 5, 2017 at 5:59 PM

Dont worry Ed, if you ever need to take a break then you will have all of us behind you 🙂

• GeordieTwo

Jul 5, 2017 at 5:59 PM

Just what the devil is going on lads???? Where is Everton getting all the dosh? Did they hit oil on their property? And how is it we’ve only got something like a 6M pound net spend? Is Ashco going out of business? We’re not in the Champy anymore Ashley you dolt! Pull the finger oot!!!! Harrumph!!!!!!!

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:00 PM

All the best Ed. We’re all thinking of you mate.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:00 PM

Make that a 4M pound net spend. Ashley is trying to get my goat! Well you’ve gotten it Mikey! And you’re going to get my honey badger down your stretchy pants if this continues!

• Our Toon

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:03 PM

G2

They have an investor on board Farhad Moshiri, Iranian billionaire. He promised to spend and is doing so, good luck to them

• GeordieTwo

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:05 PM

I’ve spent more than 4M on chewy treats for Cyril…. This is not acceptable Ashley. A 4M net spend wouldn’t keep us in the Champy let alone the Prem.

• hibbit

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:06 PM

has Ed put a health update out ????

• GeordieTwo

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:08 PM

So that’s it Our Toon mate. Well our billionaire had better wake up or we’ll be going straight back down!

• giimps

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:09 PM

All the best with your next lot of treatment and recovery, as always , were all behind you wishing you well.
    Wolves boight by foreign investors with little pockets but full ones , unlike us with empty deep pockets mikeys short arms cant find the key to his wallet either

• Spellcheck

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:15 PM

All the best Ed. All your efforts are so appreciated, I thoroughly enjoy reading the blog. Whatever happened to the likes of Beattie and other regulars on here?

• Our Toon

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:16 PM

G2

Aye Farhad Moshiri has a 49.9% stake, not even majority shareholder and he’s spending big. Bonkers mate

• toonincheek

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:16 PM

Ed,

Just to echo sentiments above – really hope the next treatment will be the last.
    Put your health before the Blog.
    Though I’m sure doing the Blog takes your mind off your treatment.

• Zekalea

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:16 PM

Hibbit bottom of previous post 🙂

• Zekalea

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:18 PM

Or not.. seems to have gone

• Our Toon

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:19 PM

So where’s the next bargain basement signing coming from? Ed you should have a poll, will nufc break transfer record this season?

My vote is no

• GeordieTwo

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:25 PM

We have to somehow manage to get rid of some of our poor players with contracts as well. Players like Hanley, Lazaar, Gamez and Riviere. We’ll just about have to give them away or I suppose release them and just bite the bullet. Hanley should be sellable to somebody in the Champy if his wage isn’t too large (or if we pay half of it). But somebody like Riviere or Gamez after the disaster he turned out to be?

• toon kk

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:28 PM

We need to start revamping our championship squad (yes we have some players who have premier league experience) with real quality, I don’t think alot of fans realise how far behind we are, neither does the board come to that.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:30 PM

I say have a little booth in the Haymarket and sell them as curiosities.
    “Get your ex-NUFC striker here! We’ll accept any reasonable offer for Rivi. Would make a perfect well ornament. Come on ladies and gents let’s get the bidding started!”

• Zekalea

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:32 PM

How long has lazaar got on his contract?, surely if its quite long he might be used in the prem???

• GeordieTwo

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:33 PM

Hibbit, Ed’s treatment update is the bottom of this post. Sounds like a tough bit ahead. But Ed is a real fighter.

• wynsleap

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:35 PM

Best of luck with the treatment Ed. You just take it easy. There’s more to life than football (whatever Shankly says).
    Knowing this club, a few days off the blog probably wouldn’t make much difference – you’ll probably miss nothing.

• kc2012

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:36 PM

All the best Ed.

• Ron Knee

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:38 PM

All the best, Ed!

• kc2012

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:40 PM

Wolves have been trying to sign big names for the last 2 seasons I think. If im right in thinking wasnt they favourites to sign that bad motherfrigger Balotelli at one point last Summer before he joined Nice on loan. I bet if they got promoted they would go all out in the transfer market chucking ridiculous amounts of money about. That Neves looks a top signing for them.

• corkypants

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:41 PM

Good luck Ed you absolute warrior!!!!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:41 PM

Ed…in my absence it breaks my heart to read about your current state of health!

You definitely don’t deserve to go through this again. My thoughts are with you and your loved ones…

On this note I’ll just like to share some good news Mrs. Birdsong aka Fuglsang (are anyone watching Tour de France?) are expecting a little girl coming August 🙂

• OneAlanShearer

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:52 PM

Good luck Ed.

• Reilly

Jul 5, 2017 at 7:02 PM

Good luck Ed.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 5, 2017 at 7:05 PM

Good luck Ed.

As for the blog, if you just stick a headline up it will generate it’s own momentum. 🙂

• hibbit

Jul 5, 2017 at 7:07 PM

all the best Ed stay strong