Great To See Newcastle Player Signed By Top Championship Club

We put out an article this morning that Leeds United were interested in signing Vurnon Anita, who has been a free agent since July 1st, the day after his contract expired at Newcastle.

And it’s good news tonight that Vurnon has signed a deal at Leeds so he should be a big player for them in the coming season.

The announcement was made via the Leeds  Twitter account although there is nothing yet on the Newcastle web-site.

28 year-old Vurnon Anita – signed for Leeds United

This is what Leeds said via their Twitter account followed by a welcome from the Leeds United owner Andrea Radrizzani:

Vurnon was one of our favorite players at Newcastle and he was also a great guy who was always completely committed to the Newcastle cause.

We were surprised – like a number of Newcastle fans – when the 28 year-old was released and not given a new deal, especially after Rafa had often complimented him as a first class professional who knew the game well.

Vurnon played 155 times for Newcastle over his five years at the club with 3 goals and 6 assists and 106 of those games were in the Premier League.

Last season he made 31 total appearances for the Magpies including 27 games in the Championship and helped us to get promoted straight back to the Premier League.

We wish Vurnon the very best of luck in his Leeds career and hope to see him back in the Premier League next year.

• jazzyp

Jul 6, 2017 at 7:56 PM

Good luck Vurnon.Hope it works out for ya sunshine

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:01 PM

Hope he helps get Leeds promoted.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:09 PM

I don’T know what’s more shocking. WW…, having piss flaps or Jib slapping people with them 😮

• WWSBRD

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:10 PM

All the best Vurn but do keep Leeds where they are mid table championship tgeres a good chap

• Reilly

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:12 PM

Good move for anita.

• WWSBRD

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:13 PM

Jail
    More shocking to me mate I seem to not even know my anatomy

Jeffery being a hard man should come as no surprise though Benwell is a tough place

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:17 PM

Howay WW…,
    Ledds are no more a mid table Champ side than Palace, Watford or Swansea, I think the PL would be better off with them in it.

• WWSBRD

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:25 PM

Jail
    Hmm maybe but they were prats last season and I got fed up of them tbh plus they couldn’t even sack Monk properly

• Our Toon

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:29 PM

Good luck to Anita, hope he does well. I hope Leeds do make it in the PL soon, more teams up north in PL the better.

Jail, Ashley will never change no matter how positive fans are. We have a good manager in rafa, I’ll back him and the team on the pitch but when it comes to signing cheques I’ll stick with nothing has changed unless proven otherwise.

It doesn’t fill me with optimism with reports that we tried to pay Lejeune 8.7m fee in installments. That tells me it’s gonna be a tough summer. I’m more than happy to be proved wrong.

Expect very little in terms of excitement and be pleasantly surprised or expect some very good signings and be bitterly disappointed for the umpteenth time under Ashley’s reign. Sorry if you think it’s negative, hopefully we can have something to cheer soon

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:33 PM

OT,
    Until Rafa gets the ‘ump I will remain positive that things are on the up.

• lochinvar

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:34 PM

Remember the good old days when we thought Sigurdsson might be an option.
    Not know my friends.

Everton will have to pay £40m for Swansea’s 27-year-old midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson; Leicester are also showing interest. (Bleacher Report)

This is funnier than just about anything at the moment.
    Think of a price – yep
    Then realise it’s Everton – yep
    Ok then double the price – yep

Let’s see how they get on when the season starts without Lukaku

• Levi

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:35 PM

does anyone know why when I try to buy memberships the option to buy it disappears when I sign in

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:36 PM

All the best Vurn. Hope you help Leeds gain promotion

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:37 PM

Levi
    The memberships not on sale yet I don’t think

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:41 PM

Levi,
    Just ring them up it’s so much easier.

• Levi

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:41 PM

shirebrook

thanks mate its been driving mad I couldn’t work it out. anyone know when they go on sale?

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:41 PM

Everton are throwing money around like Mike Ashley on a corporate meeting.

Funny as fcuk if they flop lol

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:42 PM

Levi,
    I know how you feel mate. I was the same when applying for my ST.

• Levi

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:42 PM

JFA

will do it tomorrow. before I break something trying to use that useless website haha

• jazzyp

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:42 PM

Levi
    If you already have one .you should be able to renew it straight away.
    I do ours at the beginning of every August in time for the new season

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:44 PM

Anybody know how the DD system works? I know it runs from April to March. Do they keep take DD payments after I’ve paid for this seasons ticket. I’m confused.

Where Martoon

• Ron Knee

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:45 PM

Shelvey speaks of his England ambitions on NUFCTV.

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:46 PM

Jazzy,
    Evening mate. I see your out the firing line today lol

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:48 PM

Shirebrook,
    As far as I can see they take eight a season.

• Jib - xenophobic mardy flapper

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:50 PM

Spanish media is full of a Toon offer of €15 million for Negredo

• Our Toon

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:52 PM

I’d be surprised if rafa wanted negredo, he’s not the type of player he’s gone for in the past

• WWSBRD

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:52 PM

Ron
    As he should no other England player can do what he can there was serious rumours about him being called up over Xmas until the racism charge hit

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:53 PM

Jail,

Thanks. Nice to see you back. Been anywhere nice ❓

• mikeyconcon

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:54 PM

Best of luck Big Vurn. Always gave 100% for us. Good signing for Leeds. Will be welcomed back with a round of applause at the Toon if Leeds go up (and we don’t go down…)

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:55 PM

Ourtoon,

Agree with you on that mate. Negredo link is a bit of a strange one as he doesn’t seem a Rafa type Forward

• Ron Knee

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:55 PM

WW

He said in the interview he’d never been fitter. It would be great to have an England player at NUFC.

• jazzyp

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:58 PM

Shirebrook

Hahaha stop stirring. Wws has been warned not to step out of line again.
    It’s your turn tomorrow

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 6, 2017 at 9:00 PM

Cheers Shirebrook, haven’t been anywhere just needed a break.

• jazzyp

Jul 6, 2017 at 9:01 PM

Ron knee

Could have had a lot more England players mate if we had paid that bit extra over the years

• Ron Knee

Jul 6, 2017 at 9:01 PM

What’s the point of these daft hearts? They don’t even work!

• Our Toon

Jul 6, 2017 at 9:02 PM

If Shelvey wants back into the England set up he’ll have to add alot more to his game. Less looking for Hollywood passes and having more affect on a game.

Where he’s really weak is off the ball, doesn’t work hard enough and doesn’t like to track back, finally if he adds at least 4 or 5 more goals then it’ll make him a much better player.

He’ll learn alot under rafa, he’s obviously got a good attitude as he was in training well before anyone else, hopefully this will help him sustain his performances for the full 90mins. It’s good he has ambition for England, by adding more to his game he should make the squad but as he is currently he’s miles off

• Ron Knee

Jul 6, 2017 at 9:02 PM

Too true, jazzy. But Vomit knows best!

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 6, 2017 at 9:03 PM

Jazzy,
    Not me I’m not mardy like you haha and WW has only got himself to blame.

“He’s not the messiah, he’s a very naughty boy” 😛

• WWSBRD

Jul 6, 2017 at 9:04 PM

Ron
    Ah I saw he said hed never been fitter and tbf he looks it in training could be a real break through season for him just needs to reel in his aggression a tad then he’s away

Personally I reckon as long as he has a decent season he will be in the England squad…outside chance of Lascelles and Hayden aswell

• jazzyp

Jul 6, 2017 at 9:07 PM

Shirebrook

Bide ya time mate, You’ll get it one day. We wouldn’t want ya to feel left out!!