Newcastle May Be Able To SIgn Chelsea Midfielder On Permanent Deal

We had showcased 22 year-old Chelsea central midfielder Nathaniel Chalobah recently, who seemed to be available for a permanent transfer away from Chelsea.

It seemed he could be a great signing for Newcastle, but it seems he is now close to joining Watford.

Watford are in talks to sign the player who has played 40 times for the England U21 side, so we suppose Rafa doesn’t rate him that highly.

It also appears that Watford’s new manager Marco Silva is making some good moves in the transfer market this summer to strengthen the Watford team.

Chalobah has already been at Watford on a loan deal earlier in his career and he was very impressive for the Hornets.

It could be that Rafa Benitez wants to sign 21 year-old Chelsea midfielder  Ruben Loftus-Cheek, who is likely to be heading out on a season loan deal.

Ruben has failed to make it into the Chelsea first team to any great extent and he made only 11 appearances last season and in total over the last three seasons, he has made 32 total appearances with two goals for the first team.

Because Ruben didn’t come through last season at the Blues, it’s not clear whether we could sign him permanently this summer, or at least get him on a loan deal with an option to buy next year.

Signing him outright could be the best deal right now, but Chelsea would probably put a clause in the contract that they can sign him back at a certain price.

That’s in case Rafa Benitez makes him into a great player and it certainly seems the big clubs have all their bases covered these days.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek in the Newcastle squad next season permanently or on loan, would certainly be a very good acquisition for Newcastle.

What do you think?

Comments welcome.

• Wayayman

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:56 AM

Not surprised we haven’t got too many irons in the fire to be honest. Not being down on the club at all, its silly season and there’s so much rubbish being spun by agents, selling clubs and fake ITKs that it’s all becoming just ‘noise’.
    One really important change at NUFC was replacing Carr with Steve Nickson. The bloke really seems like a breath of fresh air in the scouting system. The Chronicle has a fantastic article on the change and the bloke’s philosophy and why Rafa wanted him in that position. It also gives an insight into why we havent just spunked crazy money on players who have gone elsewhere. Nickson will have a huge impact on the club moving forward if he gets even half the time Carr had. Well worth 5 minutes of your time to read.

• Wayayman

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:57 AM

That picture doesn’t look like Chalobah to me. Isn’t that Loftus-Cheek?

• Wayayman

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:59 AM

I’d happily take Loftus-Cheek permanently by the way! Class player.

• Our Toon

Jul 6, 2017 at 9:05 AM

The PR machine in full swing with that article, can’t say I was impressed with what it contains though.

• magscar

Jul 6, 2017 at 9:10 AM

Welcome back Jail – it’s taken you a while to perfect your gravatar 🙂

• jga81

Jul 6, 2017 at 9:10 AM

There was no new signings half an hour go make your mind up

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 6, 2017 at 9:14 AM

Cheers Magscar, it only took a computer course 😮

• magscar

Jul 6, 2017 at 9:14 AM

Oh that block at end of my post was a smiley looks like emojis will have to be adopted on this new Blog format ?

Also having a problem with my tablet keyboard not appearing every so often perhaps I should take note and give up.

• magscar

Jul 6, 2017 at 9:15 AM

Oh smiley now present!?

Computer course obviously bore fruit Jail

• martoon

Jul 6, 2017 at 9:19 AM

Jail – long time no see – I like your Gravatar. What is your opinion on our transfer business so far?

• kc2012

Jul 6, 2017 at 9:25 AM

Good player Loftus-Cheek. Are Chelsea selling all their best youngsters all at once. I’d also take Lewis Baker from them if we could get him. Someone’s mentioned Reece Oxford coming to us in a previous post, he signed a new deal with West Ham not long ago and has just joined Borrusia Monchengladbach on loan in Germany last week so that’s highly doubtful. Be a decent signing if we was in for him though

• Ron Knee

Jul 6, 2017 at 9:26 AM

Some exotic names in the Europa League. I see Ballymena United are playing Odd (Norway) today!

• magscar

Jul 6, 2017 at 9:32 AM

On the endless and for me boring lists of links ( not you Ed you only channel them for us) I yearn for the return of football even friendlies in this Tournament free close season when the press have column inches to fill and an Editor wanting scoops.

I grew up in a time when there was no Sky (well only that gray thing above us) no Internet and only the Chronicle for news and I wonder now was that lack of news and rumours so frustrating. Now we have all this agents feeds, journalists wild imaginings and clubs trying to tease out some interest to plague us interminably and then repeated elsewhere on Net until it forms into some kind of real news?

We need to bear in mind that Rafa is media savvy, no longer appears to subscribe to that redundant club policy of “preferred” partner and uses the press and TV as he sees fit. Some of the garbage out there may occasionally have made 2+2 =4 but more by luck than judgement.

The problem unfortunately extends beyond the close season as frequently these rumours in later seasons often turn into missed targets who we could have had for pennies and are now worth over £50M. Yes we have missed out on some no doubt but it isn’t always down to it being the clubs fault there are many factors at play in transfers and most outside clubs control.

In Rafa I still trust

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 6, 2017 at 9:47 AM

martoon,
    There’s no denying it’s pretty underwhelming so far but until we hear from Rafa I’m holding my breath, like I’ve said many times before he’s not here to be content with keeping us as a Stoke happy to survive in mid tabe. I’m sure he’ll get what it takes to build a solid platform this season.

• hibbit

Jul 6, 2017 at 9:48 AM

magscar

and of course The Football Pink

” the good old days “

• magscar

Jul 6, 2017 at 9:58 AM

Hibbit

No Saturday complete without it or whilst I lived on Teesside in your current neck of the woods The Green I think it was?

My best remembered line from a mistype (or was it!?l “Tudor let fly with a left foot sh1t just past the post” plenty chuckles in those nnocent early 70’s

• lesh

Jul 6, 2017 at 10:17 AM

Hibbit, magscar

Or even the half time scores as a Chronic stop press before the Pink hit the streets about 6.

• kimbo

Jul 6, 2017 at 11:41 AM

Interesting times, just paid for my season ticket , hopefully some class signings to come. Well Anita has gone so I will have little to whinge about now, looks like Dummett will create my angst now. Looks like we will be stuck with Saivet, , Colback, De Jong and Riviere.