Former Player Finally Opens Up About Moving On From Newcastle

28-year-old Vurnon Anita made an excellent move to a top Champions club yesterday as a free agent on a good three year contract.

It’s good that Vurnon has been fixed up with a club after Newcastle manager Rafa Benitez very surprisingly released him at the end of June after he has played so well at right-back since Rafa switched him there late in the previous Premier League season.

28 year-old Vurnon Anita – moved to Leeds United

Vurnon wanted a new deal at Newcastle but didn’t get one or else he was offered one but it was not the deal he was looking for, but that’s football.

So he’s off to another big club – Leeds United – who are also a sleeping giant at the moment.

Vurnon is a straightforward guy and an excellent professional and this is what he said in the Yorkshire Evening Post when asked if he wanted a new start:

“Yes and no. The situation occurred that I got released.” “Things didn’t work out with a new contract at Newcastle, but I’m here and I’m very happy to be here.”

“I’m ready for a new challenge and I feel that now.”

“For a few weeks we’ve been talking, and I’m pleased to be here.” “The main goal for me coming here is promotion.”

“The club are starting a new project with promotion in mind, and that was one of the things that attracted me.”

“It’s a beautiful club, and promotion is something we need to achieve.” “I played here last season with Newcastle, so I know what the supporters are like.”

“They are just like Newcastle – great supporters who demand a lot. I know what to expect and I’m not afraid of that.”

It’s a good move by Vurnon and a good move by Leeds United and we hope that Leeds can finally get promoted and join another sleeping giant – Newcastle United – back in the Premier League.

However Newcastle are being woken up rather abruptly by a certain Mr. Rafa Benitez,  who is transforming the club from top to bottom at breakneck speed.

🙂

• JAMSHA

Jul 7, 2017 at 9:38 AM

Hope Anita Gets Them Promoted

• Ron Knee

Jul 7, 2017 at 9:40 AM

Manager Antonio Conte’s future at Chelsea is in doubt because the Italian is furious at the club’s summer transfer failings. (Daily Mirror)

• jazzyp

Jul 7, 2017 at 9:49 AM

Edd

Where’s the breakneck speed bit come from

• Bobbybee

Jul 7, 2017 at 9:52 AM

Tim Krul was ‘thrown in at the deep end’ in 2006 I believe, before we were relegated. It came in a European game – Palermo possibly – where he played out of his skin following an injury to Harps – who was himself covering for Shay!
    It was a stellar performance as I recall, keeping a clean sheet with some top saves.

• Spoof

Jul 7, 2017 at 9:55 AM

jazzyp

You beat me to it, breakneck speed, I’ll be damned if I haven’t seen quicker tortoises.

• hibbit

Jul 7, 2017 at 9:55 AM

have you lads all got 3 brass balls ❓
    just because it’s the press doesn’t mean it’s true:!::!:
    next you will be telling me there’s a man in the moon 😎

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 7, 2017 at 9:58 AM

Are you on the right thread Bobby??

• Bobbybee

Jul 7, 2017 at 10:00 AM

Makes sense letting Anita go. No doubt we’ll be looking for someone to challenge Yedders at right back and we’re in for another holding midfielder anyway, so game time would be limited for him. Wish him the best of luck at Leeds and in the future.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 7, 2017 at 10:02 AM

I like the look of the new blog but I find that the most popular section is a bit pointless, surely anyone who knows their onions would know that if you posted on that you might get a reply quicker on .Co. uk!

• Bobbybee

Jul 7, 2017 at 10:02 AM

Why do you ask jail?

• Spoof

Jul 7, 2017 at 10:02 AM

hibbit

Man on the moon, nah, but the earth is flat lol

• RUNAWAY777

Jul 7, 2017 at 10:03 AM

Hibbit nothing knew today apart from more players where after, well off to the metro centre for a few bits and pieces before I fly again Sunday, hope there’s some news later.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 7, 2017 at 10:04 AM

Just a random out of the blue history of Tim Krul.

• jazzyp

Jul 7, 2017 at 10:07 AM

Spoof

I think most were hoping the phrase “Floodgates” would open after the Lejuene signing.
    Even the minutes from the meeting said we were close to transfer break throughs, And hope was of more signings by the end of this week.
    Unless the two youngsters were that mentioned, Then I’m hoping there will be movement on incomings over the next couple of days

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 7, 2017 at 10:08 AM

A couple of signings announced today would set the weekend up nicely.

• Bobbybee

Jul 7, 2017 at 10:08 AM

Jail, right. Just skipping through and somebody said Krul was thrown in at the deep end in the Championship. Wouldn’t want people getting dodgy info that’s all.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 7, 2017 at 10:10 AM

Bobby,
    Might have been back as far as Roeder or Sounds that Palmero game.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 7, 2017 at 10:10 AM

Souness

• Spoof

Jul 7, 2017 at 10:11 AM

Runaway

Talking about news, I got dragged into the office at work this morning ( I work nightshift ), to be told that I’m not getting made redundant, which is happening to the entire night team, but he ( the boss ) is promoting me and paying me more for working day shift, so I’m a happy bunny.

• hibbit

Jul 7, 2017 at 10:14 AM

Spoof
    well done mate that is a nice bit of news 😎

• Bobbybee

Jul 7, 2017 at 10:14 AM

Jail, certainly his ‘deep end’ came in that Palermo game! He was very young looking back then and came on looking a touch nervous as I recall. He then proceeded to produce a masterclass of goalkeeping skills, with one or two really outstanding saves to go with an overall superb performance. Won motm and kept a clean sheet. A memorable introduction most Toon fans are hardly likely to forget.

• Bobbybee

Jul 7, 2017 at 10:17 AM

Cracking news Spoof. Well done mate. Not the best time to get laid off with jobs being scarce. Bet you’re buzzing. 🙂

• Ron Knee

Jul 7, 2017 at 10:17 AM

Good news, Spoof!

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 7, 2017 at 10:19 AM

Well done Spoof 🙂

• jazzyp

Jul 7, 2017 at 10:20 AM

Happy days Spoof

Maybe ya splash out on a match ticket hehe

• Spoof

Jul 7, 2017 at 10:22 AM

Cheers hibbit,

I knew about the redundancy likelihood three months ago, I’ve been stressed to hell ever since, got back told the boss ( sorry I mean wife ) and I could see the stress levels vanish, all I want to do is get plastered but I can’t, got to go back tonight and I don’t want to get sacked for going AWOL.

• Spoof

Jul 7, 2017 at 10:26 AM

Thankyou to everyone, I appreciate your comments, your a good bunch ( most of the time lol )

• Bobbybee

Jul 7, 2017 at 10:27 AM

Oh bliss! Trouble in paradise down at Stamford Bridge! Chelsea fans turning on Abramovich because he won’t keep bankrolling them!!! They owe him a billion smackers already, the ungrateful bunch of – insert your own juicy word.
    Seems he wants players now to move up through the academy, which is hardly asking too much.
    Conte threatening to quit, blah blah blah.
    Seriously, I would love it – LOVE IT – if Roman said enough is enough and called his debt in. Not going to happen like, but one can dream 🙂

• Zambiantoon

Jul 7, 2017 at 10:28 AM

I don’t know what is more frustrating, us not signing any players well apart from 1. can’t really count Atsu or the fact that players we linked too aren’t really top quality. I mean look at Everton and the other PL teams!!!

• gazthehillbilly

Jul 7, 2017 at 10:57 AM

Spoof,

Funnily enough finished my final night shift before moving to double days, also got a two month ban from a mackem forum as some one said one NUFC punching a horse meant we all do, my response being being A.Johnson+M.Bryne=Banned?????

There goes filling the quiet downtime on here with amusing myself on the SAFC forum with their belief we are fubar and they are on the up!

Hey ho, can’t wait for the visit of spurs

• gazthehillbilly

Jul 7, 2017 at 10:57 AM

Spoof,

Hey ho, can’t wait for the visit of spurs now

• Dondatta13

Jul 7, 2017 at 11:41 AM

The break neck speed Ed is referring to, I imagine is in relation to the dire state of the club before Rafas arrival. It wasnt too long ago we were going from P45due to Charver as head coaches. Fans depressed with a very large cloud hanging over SJP.

The mood change at the club since his arrival has been amazing. To change the mood of the whole City after YEARS of bad mistakes and silly decisions, has at break neck speed.

Very short memories on here tbh