Newcastle Reported To Be Moving Agressively For Former Striker Target

Newcastle have been interested in signing 24 year-old Bordeaux striker Diego Rolan for two years now and we suppose because we are having some difficulties getting our targets to Tyneside this summer, Newcastle have again been linked with the 23 times capped Uruguayan International.

The report is in French news outlet Sud Ouest.

Diego moved to Bordeaux from Uruguayan club Defensor Sporting in Montevideo four years ago last January and he has a decent goalscoring record in France.

24 year-old Bordeaux striker Diego Rolan

Last season he scored 10 goals in 34 games in all competitions and in the four and a half seasons he’s been at the French club he has scored 39 goals in 149 games with 13 assists which is OK for a French club we suppose.

Rolan’s biggest strength seems to be his versatility, but he can score goals and he’s a decent footballer who made his debut for Uruguay back in September of 2014 in a friendly win against Japan in Sapporo.

Newcastle may be interested in him again because the lad has only one year left on his contract and could become a free agent next summer, but Fulham are also reported to be interested in singing the player.

The news is that Bordeaux are eager to cash in on their striker this summer.

French news outlet Sud Ouest have reported that Rolan was in London yesterday trying to fix up a deal, so we have to assume that was with Fulham, but maybe not.

The news from the French outlet is that Newcastle are trying to hijack Fulham’s deal, so we could see the striker finally joining Newcastle.

It would be good to see Newcastle eventually get some decent players through the door this summer, but we wonder how far down the list we are going before we can make a deal?

It’s a little worrying at the moment, but nothing that we cannot fix since there  is still plenty of time in this summer’s transfer window.

What do you think?

• Our Toon

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:07 PM

Don’t know much about him, can anyone shed some light on him

• john tudor

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:12 PM

whoopdee doo

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:14 PM

Our Toon,
    Yeah just need some batteries for my torch mate 😛

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:15 PM

Repost

Bobby
    The lads definitely got potential. He’s got pace to burn mate and that’s what teams are all about in this day and age. Bit of work on his defensive side and crossing. Be as good as Kyle Walker, Clyne etc ?

• U.S Magpie

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:15 PM

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:16 PM

Bobby
    Where you sat mate for friendly? Platinum?

• giimps

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:17 PM

Rather underwhelming but if he’s ours he’ll get my support if true, if not hey ho, we move onto the next non link

• marshy

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:17 PM

squadron of pigs ready for take-off.

• Our Toon

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:17 PM

Bobby

You had no reason to take it as a dig, it’s just your personality unfortunately which is why you keep getting the hump over comments. You can’t help it.

Jail made a comment about 10 year deals, I said you wouldn’t like that comment. How am I having a dig at you by stating a fact? For all I care you can sign up for 1000 years it’s your money and your choice. Just as it’s my money and my choice to not go to SJP whilst Ashley is still here.

I’ll repeat I had no dig towards you, merely pointed out you wouldn’t be happy with a comment that was made as that’s a decision you have taken…..try to read things objectively without thinking it’s all against you.

I’m sorry to dent your ego but you are no better or bigger than me or any other nufc fan, no matter how much money you spend on the club. Nufc fans are known as polite and welcoming of all fans, a trait you seem to have forgotten over the years with this ideology of you are better than others as you spend more money.

• jazzyp

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:18 PM

Get French Football @GFFN

Diego Rolan returned to Bordeaux today after 2 days of talks with Fulham. He took part in a training session with other players returning to fitness.
    No interest from any clubs at present as Rolan is yet to make a decision

• GeordieTwo

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:19 PM

How much are we supposedly offering for this Rolan chappie? He smells like another Rivi to me….

• Our Toon

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:21 PM

Shirebrook

Ahaha, aye a torch would help mate 🙂

Jazzy he’s been training with Fulham, hmm I’ll not judge him based on that. YouTube can be so misleading, I’m sure shola would look like a superstar on YouTube

• Jib

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:21 PM

Emannuel Riviére’s record for 3 decent French sides , Saint-Etiienne ,Toulose and Monaco (182 games 46 goals) was comparable to this guys – and look how that turned out !

• masterp1983

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:22 PM

Definately another Rivi… please don’t do it! Just getting desperate know.. I still for the life of me don’t understand why we don’t go and get Remy who is proven and wants to get back into the French squad back… Bonkers..

• GeordieTwo

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:23 PM

Did anybody else smell Rivi on this Roll-on? Hopefully Fulham sign him and prevent another disaster for us…

• burnsie

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:23 PM

What are you on about Shirebrook??? He’s a STRIKER. NOT A RIGHT BACK.

• Grafton83

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:23 PM

10 goals a season in a worse league translates to about 5 goals a season in the prem if we’re lucky. I can’t believe there aren’t better strikers available to us probably in our own squad already.

• john tudor

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:25 PM

ginger pirlo will be king in ligue 1

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:25 PM

Burnsie,

If you were reading on the last thread then you’d know what I’m on about!

• Bobbybee

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:25 PM

Our Toon, not what you say, it’s the smug way you say it. You know that was a dig and denying it makes you look even sillier. At least have the courage of your convictions.

Shirebrook, no mate, East Stand centre circle. Great view of both goals. For a tenner you can’t complain can you? Even if it is putting money in the bad man’s pocket! 🙂

• john tudor

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:25 PM

GIVE ARMSTRONG A GO

• jazzyp

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:26 PM

Our toon
    Evening mate
    Fulham have been in discussions all week for Diego. I think an 11 mill deal was being touted

• jazzyp

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:28 PM

Bobbybee

A bit of advice mate, Take a cap or sunglasses.
    If it’s sunny that stand gets blinded by the sun

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:28 PM

Bobby
    Ah right. Definitely can’t grumble for a tenner mate. Take ya sun glasses though lol

• Bobbybee

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:28 PM

Lost count completely now on the number of players we’ve been allegedly going to sign. We can live without this one too. Doubt there’s a shred of truth in it anyway. Young Arma would be a far better option.

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:29 PM

Ffs jazzy.. Snap!!

Now we’re gonna get accused of being a multi hahaha

• kakaobi

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:29 PM

Rafa favourite to be first manager to leave at 4/1 keep getting linked with players like this it’ll soon be odds on

• WLtoon

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:30 PM

Getting a bit fed up of reading speculation and rumours. There seems to be no truth behind any of it. This window is,nt going to plan though, its plain to see. Ashley is going to make a total pigs ear of it again. If he can treat Benitez with contempt, he can do it to anyone. The Fat slug has been proven to be a liar in a court of law , and i dont trust him.

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:31 PM

Bobby,
    It’s well over 200 now. You think Arma is gonna be loaned out again?

• Bobbybee

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:33 PM

Aye, fear not, I’ll take my shades – always do when we sit there. One of the reasons I wouldn’t buy a ST there really. Anyway, I love the place I sit now. All long term ST holders and we have a great craic.

• jazzyp

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:33 PM

Fenerbahce have begun discussions for Michy Batshuayi
    Turkish giants Fenerbahce have opened discussions over the possible signing of Chelsea striker Michy Batshuayi, according to our colleagues at Foot Mercato.

More than that, Batshuayi has emerged as Fener’s number one transfer window priority at this time, the report claims.

Batshuayi has yet to pass judgement on any potential offer from the Turkish giants.

I know which forward out of Rolan and Batshuayi I would have

• jazzyp

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:34 PM

“Shut up Shirebrook ”
    “No you shut up Jazzy”

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:37 PM

Jazzy,
    Haha. You going up for friendly mate?

• Bobbybee

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:37 PM

Shirebrook, chances are he will be mate, but if the level of talent we’ve been linked with is this bad, then I’d keep him here! 🙂 He’ll go to a Championship side somewhere, hopefully one that plays to his strengths unlike last season.

• Bobbybee

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:39 PM

Jazzy/Shirebrook, gonna be an interesting drive up and down to games for you lads, that’s for sure. 🙂

• Our Toon

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:40 PM

Bobby

I can tell when people are being smug in person, I find it impossible to judge that kind of thing on a blog mate. I take ppl at there word on here, including you. A cordial conversation would have resolved the matter.

I wasn’t having a dig nor was I being smug, I highlighted a comment you wouldn’t be happy with…..and you’ve had your back and forth with jail after my comment which proves I was right that you wouldn’t like it.

Honestly mate how do you know when people are being smug on here?

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:41 PM

Bobby,
    Be nice to see him loaned out to a team like Brentford or Fulham as they play some decent Football.

• Jib

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:42 PM

At the end of a High Court trial in London today.
    Barrister David Cavender, who is leading Mike Ashley’s legal team, said there was a “degree of surrealism” about the case and told the judge: “We have all enjoyed it enormously.” Mr Justice Leggatt smiled as he told the court: “It’s a lot more interesting than some other cases.”

You can say that again

• Bobbybee

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:42 PM

Oh well, shopping trip is calling. What fun eh? I love living the high life! 🙂 Later lads.

• jazzyp