This Is The Perfect Player For Rafa Benitez To Coach

Christian Atsu had a decent enough game in the first half on Friday night at Tynecastle, but he will be hard pressed in the coming season to pin down a first team starting position.

But that has to be the 42 times capped (9 goals) Ghanaian International’s main goal if he is to do well at Newcastle.

Atsu looked good on loan last season and soon became a fan favorite after he appeared 35 times with 5 good goals and it’s obvious he has plenty of skill and speed.

25 year-old Christian Atsu – big chance for this player

He also seems to have a lot of determination to be successful on Tyneside after signing a four year deal for the Magpies.

It’s an excellent opportunity for Christian to get his career back in full swing after spending four years at Chelsea, where he was basically loaned out to a number of different clubs but he did hist best when he was at Newcastle last season – he had a good season.

This is what Christian has said in the Chronicle recently:

“Everybody is working hard and running. We have to give our best.”

“Yes, we have the same manager but this is not the same season so everybody has to fight for their position in the team. All the guys are working hard.”

“I am pleased to see we are together like last season.” “I am very happy to get back to the Premier League with Newcastle.”

“Everything now depends on me. It’s down to the player now.”

“I need to work hard now and try to be better than I was before. I always want to improve myself.”

“I have to keep working hard and being consistent for the team. I have a lot to improve this season. The Premier League has a lot of quality.”

“This season will be hard for us so we have to work harder than last season. We have to make sure we improve and try to compete with everybody in the Premier League.”

Christian will settle with his family in Newcastle and he’s probably the perfect player for Rafa Benitez to coach.

Christian loves playing for Rafa and thinks he’s simply a world-class coach and he has said he will do everything in his power at Newcastle to become a better player.

That’s all you can really ask for from any player at Newcastle.

Go for it Christian!

• Markaccus

Jul 16, 2017 at 3:41 PM

From last on Jota….
    I like the look of this lad. Ok it wont be quite as easy in the prem, but he is too good for championship football.

• magscar

Jul 16, 2017 at 3:47 PM

Repost

magscar

Jul 16, 2017 at 3:43 PM

Shelvey has a point to prove in PL this season I think. Too often a nearly man and he needs to establish himself as a consistent creative midfielder in PL. Another effective DCM brought in would help him and team to blossom. If De Jong stays fit and proves his stamina he can also make a difference for us. Looked good with Gayle even though only a friendly there were signs of an understanding there which is key to our forwardl play. Not necessarily our first choice if transfers work out but some effective interchanges seem there if they do. Be surprised if we don’t get a no 10 and striker but who will depend on what is in our price range and how Rafa rates Both Gayle and De Jong for coming season you

• kc2012

Jul 16, 2017 at 3:49 PM

Agree, Jota is one player i’d love to see at Newcastle, tricky little guy.

• toontaff2

Jul 16, 2017 at 3:51 PM

Another Championship player Jota! What is going on?
    I’ll be making a right racket with my rattle and I might even throw all me toys oot the pram, just for TOF. 👿

• toontaff2

Jul 16, 2017 at 3:55 PM

I seem to recall a banner, along the lines of we don’t expect a team that wins but we do want a team that tries.
    Hayden, Atsu, Dummett, Shelvey, Gayle, Clark, Lascalles, Yedlin, Perez,Jacob Murphy……..no doubtmisseda few…….but young players, all to prove, trying their best.

• magspuggy

Jul 16, 2017 at 4:01 PM

Toontaff
    Add too that a manager who can make them play better than the sum of there parts.

We will be ok.

It was heartbreaking watching home games with a squad that looked like they did not care.

This lot might not be the most expensive bunch but they do want to be here.

• bladeuser

Jul 16, 2017 at 4:10 PM

BOBBYBEE
    U CARRY on with the same old attitude it’s not about the winning but the taking part what a load of tripe if your happy to watch rubbish most weeks and the odd win then good look with that and then tell everybody it doesn’t matter because I am loyal and I support nufc your the same as the team a loser you say of course we want to win something state the obvious why don’t you
    Why do you continually kiss there arses when in other teams or sports they would have a go at them it’s life it’s what happens it changes things not sitting there like a dummy and accepting it just because your a bloody Newcastle fan typical british attiude losers if team was American it would have been disbanded years ago
    ASH OUT

• BenArfa the magician

Jul 16, 2017 at 4:18 PM

WWSBRD

You can’t say you don’t rate Mitro and Dummett etc you’ll be lynched on here, ones a local lad and ones a god see if Ed can remove your post before anyone sees it. I do agree though the players you listed we could with upgrading.

• Our Toon

Jul 16, 2017 at 4:21 PM

Bobby

I said 99% of fans are looking for consolidation. 1% talking about top 6, you then ignore the 99% and use the 1% as gospel.

On Jota I don’t know anything about him, he’s playing for Brentford and doesn’t seem to have any experience in PL. Not sure what to make of the supposed interest.

• JP...from The Rock

Jul 16, 2017 at 4:22 PM

Repost;
    Now if we get this lad in and Murphy we will be looking much much healthier. Our chances of staying in the EPL and perhaps even doing well will shoot up. Add to these 2 a great striker like Chicharito and we will have the makings of a great midtable team that with a couple of marquee signings could perhaps clinch top 10 or europa league.

• JP...from The Rock

Jul 16, 2017 at 4:22 PM

Repost;
    …but before I can dream we need to sign them up and only then can we be heading in the right direction.

• BenArfa the magician

Jul 16, 2017 at 4:24 PM

Problem with buying players from the championship is its one hell of a step up Jota has only ever played for shite teams could be a stroke of genius and be brilliant for us or at 26 theres a reason he’s not made the step up.

Murphy again only played lower league football at 22 only 1 season in the champ are we putting to much hope on a player that was okay in the championship? Saying that he is alot better than Gouff thank god he’s joining a Turkish team so at least we would be upgrading in that sense.

• magspuggy

Jul 16, 2017 at 4:29 PM

“IF ” we did have €40 million to spend on a goalscorer

Who would we be able to get ??

• Bobbybee

Jul 16, 2017 at 4:34 PM

Bobbybee
    Jul 16, 2017 at 4:09 PM
    By the way, Jota? Yes please. Gets bums off seats and very creative. Pretty confident he can make the step up too. Shelvey, Aaron’s*, Jota, Ritchie, De Jong* Atsu. Creative players to alternate. Love it!

*if they can stay fit.

Blade user, we’re not American though. Go support a rounders team you dick if you love American sport. All your crying and bleating doesn’t get you anywhere. Supporting the team has nothing to do with winning all the time. We’ve won nowt for fifty years, yet 50k still turn up because it’s about a pride in the city and the area in general. North East and proud of it, win lose or draw. Babies cry when they can’t get their own way, which sums up people like you. Why support a team that’s won nothing for fifty odd years if winning is all that matters? You clearly don’t get supporting a side so why bother yourself? Go ‘support’ Manure or Chelsea, Newcastle clearly isn’t for you is it?
    What exactly can I do about us not winning? Please, enlighten me oh wise guru. Throw my toys out the pram like you? Bit grown up for that. Insult real fans who support the team through thick and thin – like the 50k who keep turning up season after season? Bit too grown up for that as well. What we do has got EFF all to do with you, you sad little boy. How we spend our money is none of your business. None. It’s nobody’s business other than ours. What makes you think it is? You’re nobody to us, why should we care what a nobody thinks? Grow up and realise you don’t always get what you want in this life. If you don’t like it, you know what to do surely? Even you can work that out. Or ask a grown up to explain it to you.
    Nobody asks you to support the club. Frankly, nobody wants you to either. You’re everything other fans accuse us of – a delusional supporter who feels an entitlement to win things. It’s pathetic.

• sing in the corner

Jul 16, 2017 at 4:42 PM

Bobby man…
    “bladeuser”
    Just the name tells you all you need to know.

• Bobbybee

Jul 16, 2017 at 4:43 PM

Ben arfa, Jota played for the same team as Lejeune in La Liga last season mate. He’s a good player and standing out in the Championship shows he’s ready for the step up.
    That said, there’s no guarantee he’s on Rafa’s radar, it might be just more waffle from the press! 🙂 If he is though, give the lad a chance, I think you’ll be surprised.

• BenArfa the magician

Jul 16, 2017 at 4:52 PM

Bobbybee

Yeah I did see that was he injured it said he only played 5 games? he did well on his return to Brentford, good goal return too. Mate Honestly I would love to be surprised if he came and was a bit of a gem same with Murphy. Just as with most fans championship players are a bit underwhelming on the transfer front, snobbery on my part I guess.

• Bobbybee

Jul 16, 2017 at 4:54 PM

Sing, I know mate, but I want to know what he thinks we should do to make the team win things 🙂 You never know, he might have a cunning plan that nobody has thought about. Perhaps he is a football genius and not just a bag of wind. Highly improbable, but he seems to think he knows so let’s hear it. (Laughing out loud). We’re the best fans in the country mate and numpties have no right having a dig about that.
    Hart to West Ham on a medical. Oh no! End of the world! Another player we were linked with gone. Pass the razor blades. 🙂

• Our Toon

Jul 16, 2017 at 4:54 PM

Jota has been linked to us a few times now so must have some element of truth. Is Jota a no10? Or can he play that role?

Hernandez I would like but I can’t see it happening unfortunately.

• Bobbybee

Jul 16, 2017 at 4:56 PM

OT, he can play as a No10 or an out and out winger. Lot of skill. Good player who knows where the goal is.

• toon kk

Jul 16, 2017 at 4:59 PM

All our players are great for Rafa to coach, I’m sure he’ll help them all. But natural talent has to be in their.
    Even Rafa was baffled by some of our didn’t turn up games last season, something our players need to work on.

• Bobbybee

Jul 16, 2017 at 5:02 PM

Ben arfa, the money simply isn’t available this season, but next season it will be. Who knows, with luck, we might have a new owner by then?
    What we do have though, is a top manager who has shown he can get the best out of individuals and turn them into a team that fights for their teammates. Given the money isn’t available, we have to make the most of the main man. Let’s get through this season OK and then he can spend a bit to strengthen the whole squad. Keep the faith mate. 😉

• Jib

Jul 16, 2017 at 5:03 PM

Fenerbahce and Galatasaray going toe to toe for HbA’s signature

• Jib

Jul 16, 2017 at 5:06 PM

I wonder if the South Africans will have the cojones to declare ?

• Our Toon

Jul 16, 2017 at 5:06 PM

Bobby

Ok good to know, he can play in a few positions and more important the no10 role which should be good cover for SDJ if he gets injured but can add to the wings if needed.

• Our Toon

Jul 16, 2017 at 5:08 PM

Jib

They have 2 full days after today, they can bat through and declare first thing in the morning. Enough time for them to win or for England to do the unthinkable from this situation

• kc2012

Jul 16, 2017 at 5:10 PM

Nothing wrong with signing players from the Championship if they are good players and look too good for the league like these two do. The Championship is as good as some of the other bigger foreign leagues like the Portugese, Turkish etc where there are only one or two good clubs imo, but theres very good players dotted around clubs. Jota and Murphy both look more than capable of making that step up to the Prem and definately rather it be with us than against us. I agree they dont seem like the big names were expecting but at the prices stated they could be touches of genius for us and would both add some much needed flair. 26 and 22 are both young really, Jamie Vardy was playing non-league at 25, some players just need that break to take off. I would like atleast one big household name aswell though obviously, even if its just to show some real ambition.

• Our Toon

Jul 16, 2017 at 5:10 PM

It seemed as though our lads struggled playing in front of the masses last season, quite a few came from smaller clubs and struggled with the added pressure of bigger crowds. I wonder if we can overcome that next season at home, away from home we were exceptional

• Bobbybee

Jul 16, 2017 at 5:11 PM

Toon kk, no denying we’re in for an interesting season, that’s for sure, but I’d rather go into it with a top manager like we’ve got than another another numpty.
    You can’t repair years of neglect in an instant anyway and I suspect Rafa was fully aware of the situation when he decided to take it on. I’m looking forward to seeing how he does with what he ends up with. Still believe more are to come in though, the spending hasn’t even started yet.

• Jib

Jul 16, 2017 at 5:17 PM

Our Toon
    Jib

They have 2 full days after today,

I forgot the test started on Friday – DOH

Come on rain (everyone do a rain dance)

• Bobbybee

Jul 16, 2017 at 5:20 PM

Looks like I’m stuck here now the football talk is flowing again. 🙂 Too hard to say no!
    OT, with these wingers coming in, I’m wondering if Rafa’s thinking of using Ritchie as a No10 this season? No doubt he could shine there and if we get Murphy and Jota, with Aaron’s and Atsu as well, he might have a different plan with Ritchie. Just a guess, not heard nowt like!

• Rotonda heights

Jul 16, 2017 at 5:23 PM

It’s funny, under cook, england would never under any circs ” go for it”. R-OOOO-T is a different animal though and far more positive generally. The top 3 of Cook, Jennings and Ballance are all ultra defensive and slow scoring and don’t put teams under pressure at all. Would like to see Hales, Butler and Raschid come back in. I believe Bairstow and Butler can both play. Like the look of Malan as well.

• BenArfa the magician

Jul 16, 2017 at 5:23 PM

Bobby

The faith is still there, dwindling slightly but lets see who we bring in couple of decent players the squad changes dramatically especially if they are hungry with something to prove. Fingers crossed though a pet hate of mine is Colback he does the untidy work granted but he is so very poor at it a replacement for him would change the dynamics in the team tenfold, which who know’s after watching Saivat the other night we may already have a replacement.

• Bobbybee

Jul 16, 2017 at 5:24 PM

Jib, weather forecast not in our favour there. Maybe we should follow blade user’s policy and scweam and scweam until we’re sick. Then again… 🙂

• Jib

Jul 16, 2017 at 5:26 PM

Violet-Elizabeth Bott
    I loved Richmal Crompton’s William books when I was a kid

• GeordieTwo

Jul 16, 2017 at 5:27 PM

Lee Charnley to Brentford bosses: “listen up lads, we really do want Jota. But we’re a little short on cash. Now, this is the plan. I have some very nice things to throw into the offer. I have 2 frozen pizzas, a large box of packing peanuts, some very tasty crackers (they’re open at one end as I was peckish last night). What else do I have? Ah yes I have one of Joe Kinnear’s sweat socks, aaaand I’ve got some oldish chutney somewhere in here….. Anyway lads I can also throw in a bit of cash. Get back to me with your answer asap……

• Bobbybee

Jul 16, 2017 at 5:27 PM

Ben, think I heard somewhere that Rafa told him he can find another club, so I expect another holding midfielder is in the pipeline if that’s correct.

• Bobbybee

Jul 16, 2017 at 5:29 PM

G2, how can they refuse that offer? Sounds like a done deal to me.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 16, 2017 at 5:29 PM

Oh and tell Jota we can’t actually pay him in actual currency? We were hoping he would take some sort of barter? I’ve got loads of coupons he can have for example…..

• GeordieTwo

Jul 16, 2017 at 5:30 PM

That’s exactly what I was thinking Bobby! What club would turn that down? They say they want 8M pounds but I think it’s all a ruse. They want wor packing peanuts!