Newcastle Away Kit Revealed – Another Very Nice Looking Strip – Is Rafa Designing These?

The leaked light blue away shirt was spot on a few days ago and Newcastle have revealed their new away kit for the coming season and it looks very nice.

Light blue shirts with dark blue shorts and light blue socks with black tops contrasts nicely with the home strip and the black on black 3rd kit.

This could well be one of the best set of strips issued by Newcastle United a long time – they all look pretty good.

So is Rafa Benitez designing these in his spare time?

🙂

Here’s what the leaked shirt looked like – spot on.

What do you think?

• Markaccus

Jul 17, 2017 at 3:20 PM

Martoon

from last. Yeah. everyone seems to want to see attacking cricket all of the time, then they complain if it fails.

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 17, 2017 at 3:25 PM

Looks like Man City

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 17, 2017 at 3:27 PM

Hadn’t realised that the bus was moving and got caught out.

Let me say straight away that I’m not trying to wind Bobby up. Not my style unless it’s an attempt at mild humour by me.

But I haven’t been too impressed with Adam in any of the games I’ve seen him in recently including the youth World cup ones. In the Hearts game I thought his ball control was not very good with balls bouncing off him as he tried to bring them under control and I don’t think he managed to beat any of the defenders in a one on one situation. Please do watch the game on NUFC for yourselves, perhaps I was getting it wrong and would be more than happy to be proved wrong.

At his age and I know he’s still a young lad, he should be starting to blossom and as things stand I’m not seeing it.
    But this is just my opinion and I’d love to see him become a star,.

As for the Ireland squad I’m wondering if Rafa has taken Fernando and Cambell with the possibility in mind that they might be ready to step up to the first team now thus there is no panic over new wingers coming in.

Don’t know if anyone saw my comment last night re Fernandez but there are a lot of youngster playing for the U23s who could be on the verge of the first team. All we might have to do is get through the coming season with the squad we have and we could have a MU kids situation developing.

Oh and Fernandez is Brazilian and they do tend to develop into first team players early. So don’t be surprised if he is blooded soon.

• martoon

Jul 17, 2017 at 3:29 PM

The actual shade of blue looks a lot lighter than in the leaked picture – I think I preferred in the leaked one! 🙂

• Ron Knee

Jul 17, 2017 at 3:29 PM

Token new signings prominently displayed!

• Our Toon

Jul 17, 2017 at 3:29 PM

Marka

The test area is still the highest level in my opinion and can’t be treated the way we play it. We need patience and if we had batted 6 or 7 sessions then we’d have won the game. Silly shot selection from the lads was awful to watch, we don’t have the mental capacity to bat with patience and common sense.

Got battered today and didn’t manage to score above 250 in both innings, was a poor showing all round

• Markaccus

Jul 17, 2017 at 3:35 PM

Our toon

Totally agree. Cook and Root both got good balls, but the rest of them just played ridiculously. I honestly think we would be better with a separate coach for test cricket. Someone who can maybe instill a bit of patience into our middle order.

• Markaccus

Jul 17, 2017 at 3:36 PM

* I should point out i meant Cook and Root got out to good balls, not that they have good testicles 😀

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jul 17, 2017 at 3:41 PM

Too many prima donnas in the England cricket team. all think they can come in and howk th eball all over the place.
    Yes have a couple of players who play the shots but you also need a couple of players who will get their heads down and graft – get hit a few times take the pain. First thing I was taught and when coaching many years ago was no where your stumps are and when to leave the ball duck from bounces and wait for the bad ball.

Too many of our players get in the wrong position to hook the ball or are not good enough to hookpull the short ball and top edge.

• kc2012

Jul 17, 2017 at 3:45 PM

Keith Downie – Yoan Gouffran completes move to Turkish side Goztepe after his release from Newcastle United.

Goodbye Gouffy

• magspuggy

Jul 17, 2017 at 3:46 PM

Is rafa really hinting that fattie needs to keep his promises ?

Could he be that media savvy that he knows we are just about to spend and hes passing the praise on to our owner

If we buy players this week then smash the transfer record on a striker
    It looks good for ashley .

A master stoke by the gaffa if its true

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 17, 2017 at 3:48 PM

The only times I turned the TV on we were getting hammered and couldn’t bear to watch the humiliation. But surely they should know how to play full length test cricket, it aint rocket science.

I’d expected to turn it on around lunch time which was the first time I was able to and see they something like 70 or 80 for none or one even but three down was a bit of a choker.

Let’s hope they take their brains into the next game!

• Markaccus

Jul 17, 2017 at 3:51 PM

Charlie/EGB

It’s not ability, it’s mentality in my opinion. The coach is a great one day coach, but the players can’t seem to switch modes.

• welshgeordie9

Jul 17, 2017 at 3:57 PM

I bet Ashley and Charnley hoping our fringe players do well so they won’t have to buy anyone, saying that hope Aarons and De Jong stay fit.

• welshgeordie9

Jul 17, 2017 at 3:59 PM

Is it me or does that top actually look a pyjama top, if it had long sleeves.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jul 17, 2017 at 4:00 PM

Markacus
    Yeah mentality/mindset has a lot to do with it.

Along with the one-day hollywood crickerter shots

And the shot selection – ie why the f***k try and play a ball that’s going two foot wide of the stumps and swinging away when you first come in. Hook shots should be played in front of your nose/body if you are good enough not from outside your off-stump.

you can be a hero for scoring 50 in a day and saving a games as well as howking a hundred in a session.

Yes I suppose mentality.

And it applies to football in bucket loads to!!

• nufc786

Jul 17, 2017 at 4:19 PM

Newcastle have agreed a £12.5m fee with Norwich for Jacob Murphy #NUFC (@JPercyTelegraph)

• Markaccus

Jul 17, 2017 at 4:21 PM

Charlie

With regards to those pull shots and hooks, even for the players good enough… i find the phrase “just because you can, doesn’t mean you should” works perfectly. We didn’t even need to risk those shots to chase down the total. We could have plodded along defensively getting 2 runs an over for most of the 2 days and chased it down as a side effect. Senseless batting display.

• nufc786

Jul 17, 2017 at 4:26 PM

Miles Starforth?
    @milesstarforth

Newcastle have had a bid for Jacob Murphy accepted by Norwich.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 17, 2017 at 4:27 PM

Remember when Geoffrey was dropped for slow play, we needed a bit of that. He knew how to graft.

• ilovetoon8788

Jul 17, 2017 at 4:28 PM

“Hopefully, Mike can keep his word and we can do what we want to do.”

this statement by Rafa today is indeed very worrying….

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 17, 2017 at 4:29 PM

Hooraaaay to the Jacob news.

• ilovetoon8788

Jul 17, 2017 at 4:30 PM

Keith Downie?
    Verified account
     @SkySports_Keith 3m
    3 minutes ago

Newcastle have reached agreement with Norwich City over the transfer of forward Jacob Murphy. Fee in the region of £12m.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jul 17, 2017 at 4:30 PM

Markus
    Correct – there was no need to play hook/pull shots, shots wide of the leg and off stump today.

Just get your head down and graft and try to go into close of play as you say two runs a over – 180 – 200 say on the board with three or four wickets down. Then build from tomorrow morning.

• Tsunki

Jul 17, 2017 at 4:34 PM

Well what did I expect from you Bobby? You won’t find any change in tone from me, just being realistic about Armstrong’s ‘progress’ it’s a cruel business and so far it’s not going to plan for him let’s hope it does work out though.

As for you and your cathartic daily bawling-over-the the-fence ravings my word they are tiresome, dreary and holier-than-thou beyond belief.

You might want to learn what debate is you megaphonic clown instead of shouting down everyone who has a different point of view to you.

If the end result is to bore me (and anyone else sick of skipping over reams of “who are ya?” away from the blog by filling it with toilet roll length ravings of a deranged town crier keep going mate it’s working.

Here’s a suggestion – why don’t you just compile a template of all your favourite angry blasts and then when someone disagrees with you then you simply copy and paste it in. Ad Nauseam. Or More Ad Nauseam if you like. Would save you a lot of time. Not us though, sadly.

• Jib

Jul 17, 2017 at 4:37 PM

• AncientC

Jul 17, 2017 at 4:38 PM

Thank goodness Gouffran turned down his deal, if it has helped push through the Jacob Murphy deal. Atsu now becomes Gouffran’s replacement.

• AncientC

Jul 17, 2017 at 4:42 PM

• magspuggy

Jul 17, 2017 at 4:47 PM

Unless jacob is going to be our most expensive signing this window i think rafa just played the press like a fiddle.

If mike keeps his promise

Whats to bet rafa and lee have had that ££
    For this window for ages.

It would be even better if fattie just filled the pot so we can go and buy bas dost.

• JAMSHA

Jul 17, 2017 at 4:47 PM

jib

na not yet

• BlacknWhiteBarmy

Jul 17, 2017 at 4:47 PM

Is the strip like this to encourage Citeh cast offs to come North?

• kc2012

Jul 17, 2017 at 4:50 PM

Very happy with the Murphy business.

Arma has joined Bolton on loan too so I think a striker will be next through the door but who is anyones guess really.

• Moonraker15

Jul 17, 2017 at 4:55 PM

Sky sports saying Murphy deal “done” ?

• Bobbybee

Jul 17, 2017 at 5:04 PM

Fee agreed for Murphy, looks like he’s on his way. Sky sports news is pretty reliable and it’s reported elsewhere too.
    Not sure how it’s happened though, with Ashley refusing to spend his money. Maybe Rafa bought him from his own money eh?

Krul, cheers mate. Football fans get it.
    Bill, never a problem mate, your opinion is always valued Never any slimy overtones. If you’d seem him as a kid, you’d have been as excited as I was. Still think he’ll make it though, he comes into his own in front of goal. Watch all his goals at Coventry mate and note the quality as well as quantity. Well worth watching I assure you.

Tsunki, that’s more like you – dick.

I think the haggling is going to be worth it in the long run. Those saying just pay the 16m looking a bit daft now. We got him for around 12m. Strange that, another lucky guess I suppose. 🙂
    We don’t have the money other clubs have and Penfold needs to be careful. Surely that’s not that hard to understand? That saving can now go towards another player, how can that be wrong?
    I also think people should watch the interview with Rafa. Not what he says, but how he says it. Reading the words doesn’t do it justice.

• Bobbybee

Jul 17, 2017 at 5:12 PM

This book on the Rafalution – love that none word – ‘Rafa’s Way’ gets off to a flying start, giving am insight to the man himself and how his head works. More interested in coaching players than having loads of money to spend. Maybe that’s why he and Ashley get on well! 🙂
    For those who’ve already read it, don’t tell me… I’m hoping for a happy ending!! 🙂 Although I suspect that is for another book.

• JAMSHA

Jul 17, 2017 at 5:14 PM

need to buy some proven PL players we cant just keep buyn future stars

• Spoof

Jul 17, 2017 at 5:15 PM

Bobbybee

I realize that you rate Armstrong very highly, I hope the lad proves you right but sadly I feel that you may have this one wrong.

For Coventry he had a great start, scoring for fun but during the second half of the season he struggled as it became clear that all you need to do is get a bit tighter to him, when they donethat he struggled as he flesh have the pace nor the presence of mind to shake defenders off and create space for himself,

• chicousa