Rafa Benitez In Move To Sign Top Young French Defender

Outlet Foot Mercato in France are reporting today that Newcastle are now in talks with PSG to sign their 20 year-old defender Harold Voyer.

It looks like this lad is signed would be part of Peter Beardsley’s U23 squad and would be one for the future but it’s also very important that Newcastle sign these good young players who can improve under the coaching of Rafa’s team and hopefully become a first team player in Tyneside.

The report is that Newcastle officials are talking to the player’s reps with a view to the player moving to Newcastle to join Rafa’s revolution.

20 year-old PSG defender Harold Voyer

Other clubs said to be interested in signing Voyer include Championship clubs Fulham and Leeds United.

Newcastle have already signed young defenders Stefan O’Connor (20) of Arsenal and Josef Yarney (19) of Everton, so Voyer could also be signed by Newcastle this summer., who had been released by Arsenal and Everton respectively.

Harold Voyer is another promising young player who Rafa wants signed by Newcastle this summer.

If Newcastle are going to be successful in the future on a sustained basis we just must start producing our own players and provide a supply line of  young players who are good enough to go through the ranks and eventually play for the first team.

It is all part of Rafa’s overall blueprint for Newcastle United the manager has put in place to completely overall the club from top to bottom.

Love it!

• jayphoto

Jul 17, 2017 at 2:17 PM

@Posada – agree with that, and Arma will 100% make it in the top 2 tiers, already shown he was too good for league one, juries out if he’ll make it at Newcastle mind, personally I can’t see it myself as we have very limited striking options yet their still shipping him out. Personally think making it would all depend on one chance at the right time and for me that was probably last season when he would for my money have been better off staying from January.
    Newcastle fan base is interesting: Build players up far too high and then tear them to shreds when they don’t hit impossible standards yet put up with absolute tripe from foreign players and still give them leeway. The interesting one for me is Dummett. Rarely puts a foot wrong, possibly our most consistant player, 7/10 every game and kept every big winger he faced last year quiet. (had knockeart in his pocket) yet that lad gets ripped to shreds by fans whereas to all other teams fans hes a solid number yet some fans shout for Lazaar who against Birmingham put in the worst performance of a LB ive ever seen! eve!
    Another one who had the treatment was Adam Campbell with many calling for him to play ahead of international players yet he was never good enough by far.
    Similarly Lascelles, a great captain, good young English lad and technically by the opta stats one of our top 3 players last season yet fans clamour for Mbemba ahead of him who played terribly more than he performed well…

• lesh

Jul 17, 2017 at 2:18 PM

It seems that Gibbs might be leaving Arsenal but not coming to SJP.

Repost from previous thread

Mr Tuff @1

You share my thoughts though you should be prepared to be labelled as a pessimist – as I was when I posted similar sentiments a couple of weeks ago. I hope we’re wrong and Rafa’s dealings with our owner deliver to Rafa’s satisfaction.

Over to you Mikey boy and tell your henchman Barnes to sign off whatever’s agreed. Oh, sorry Mike, I forgot you said you’d leave things to Rafa and Charnley…….You’re not a one to go back on your word….. are you?

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jul 17, 2017 at 2:19 PM

It is a bit worrying that Rafa is still waiting on players coming in! Thing with Ashley is I am not too sure he will take kindly to mind games and playing it out in the media which is how Rafa likes to apply pressure to get money spent!

Ashley is the type that could just dig his heels in and say Rafa you are on 5 million a year get on with the job etc

A Newcastle squad with Rafa as manager with his first choice premiership players with a full pre season could have been deadly but it feels like another season under Ashley we will start the season under prepared

• Bobbybee

Jul 17, 2017 at 2:26 PM

Bobbybee
    Jul 17, 2017 at 2:20 PM
    Posada, good post on Arma mate. As for ST’s, I’ve moved back to the seat I had two seasons ago after the mix up last season, so mine will be in the post anyway. As will all those buying new ones.
    As far as I’m aware anyway, the club is issuing new cards all round this season, so even those renewing will get new ones.

Jay, too early to write him off just yet matey. He is only 20 remember. Bang on about home grown players though, our fans just love to Diss them. Maybe it’s just old fashioned jealousy? Who knows?

• martoon

Jul 17, 2017 at 2:26 PM

posada – You asked about renewing ST’s. Quite often they do simply reuse the old ST card but this season they announced they would be sending out new ones (I can’t remember if it was a letter or on the website).

• Tsunki

Jul 17, 2017 at 2:27 PM

Well Jib there goes your fair weather theory ?

Actually Bobby it was Jib who suggested the Armstrong comments were designed to wind you up. There’s no reason anyone would want him to fail. For my part I’m hoping he will turn around his lacklustre Barnsley effort. Great if he does, but I’m sorry I’m just not holding my breath on it.

• jayphoto

Jul 17, 2017 at 2:27 PM

one problem is, we probably do have enough in the squad for survival if that’s what ashleys banking on.
    The vast majority of our side have premier league experience, we’ve also got a fair few players with a decent amount of international experience. We’ve also got a team largely with a good attitude that will work and fight. Not gonna do anything with this squad mind, but even with no additions we’d probably scrape staying up, no doubt if Ashley has asked Carr, or Kinnear (they are friends afterall) or any football pundit they’d probably tell him the same.

• jayphoto

Jul 17, 2017 at 2:34 PM

@bobbybee not writing him off just yet just its harder than ever to break through at your parent club in the premier league. He needs to step it up hugely this season and have a season similar to Abraham just did.
    Remember seeing many Geordie fans say we just want a team that tries… but then Dummett broke through, Lascelles, Colback etc and suddenly that’s not what we want.

• Bobbybee

Jul 17, 2017 at 2:37 PM

Whatever Tsunki. Your change in tone speaks volumes. Like I say, you’re irrelevant anyway. Am I not allowed to post without you morons insisting I’m ranting? Are you just some schoolkid trying to act grown up, or just a sad excuse for an adult? I seriously wonder sometimes.
    I come on here to talk football, not argue with no marks. If you can’t manage to talk football then do me a favour and ignore me. I’m bored with your puerile behaviour beyond belief.
    I’m away anyway, so you can revert to type once again.
    Just got the Rafalution book and want to make a start on it. (It’s a football book, probably of little interest to you).

• martoon

Jul 17, 2017 at 2:37 PM

jayphoto @2 – Completely agree with you about Dummett – he is a reliable defender and I can only remember about 2 games last season when he had a poor game. I think most criticism is for his attacking game which admittedly could be better but you can tell recently that he has been working on it and improving his crossing.

• Bobbybee

Jul 17, 2017 at 2:39 PM

Jay, you’re so right my friend. Wise words. Catch ye later mate. This book is calling me! 🙂

• Krul To Be Kind

Jul 17, 2017 at 2:42 PM

Bobby,

That was a heartfelt speech on the previous thread regarding Arma. I really want the lad to come through and to be fair he probably isn’t mentally ready for what would come from the fans hence why he’s getting opportunities elsewhere. I like to think that he will probably follow the Kane model regarding loans, Keane was being loaned out and finally got and took his chance at around 23 and now he’s arguably a world class striker! The difference with us and spurs is spurs dont have the same pressures as the Toon to bring players through as they’ve always spent when it’s been required, pre Ashley this lad would have got the opportunity to develop without the pressure of being the second coming because we also spent dosh to fill gaps in the squad.

I for one hope you keep updating the young uns progress on the blog as it’s the only true reflections I get of whats coming through as I’m not a local. Good work chum, you shouldn’t have to justify wanting the youth of tomorrow to be successful but such is the fickle nature of some toon fans that you need to do this, and as both you and I know, this is why we are considered deluded by fans of our PL counterparts!

HWTL’s

• Our Toon

Jul 17, 2017 at 2:46 PM

Jib

I’m shocked Ballance still gets into this England side, how many chances has he had? Not keen on Dawson either, even 1st test he was outperformed by the “2nd spinner”

Jennings it’s early doors still so will be interesting to see how he will have done at the end of series

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jul 17, 2017 at 2:47 PM

@Jayphoto

Yeah just wish Ashley was listening to the pundits that say we need to spend 100 million just to stay up!!

Our existing squad if fit could easily stay up in my opinion we will be hard working , physical and very organised which can get you lots of points in the premiership it might not be pretty mind you might be a few games where we sit tight and win from a set piece

The league wont be as frantic as the championship and teams wont be kicking us up and down the park so the likes of Shelvey , Perez and Richie will get more time on the ball as well so we could potentially be better to watch at times compared to last season although we did play some lovely stuff at times especially before January

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 17, 2017 at 2:50 PM

Let me say straight away that I’m not trying to wind Bobby up. Not my style unless it’s an attempt at mild humour by me.

But I haven’t been too impressed with Adam in any of the games I’ve seen him in recently including the youth World cup ones. In the Hearts game I thought his ball control was not very good with balls bouncing off him as he tried to bring them under control and I don’t think he managed to beat any of the defenders in a one on one situation. Please do watch the game on NUFC for yourselves, perhaps I was getting it wrong and would be more than happy to be proved wrong.

At his age and I know he’s still a young lad, he should be starting to blossom and as things stand I’m not seeing it.
    But this is just my opinion and I’d love to see him become a star,.

As for the Ireland squad I’m wondering if Rafa has taken Fernando and Cambell with the possibility in mind that they might be ready to step up to the first team now thus there is no panic over new wingers coming in.

Don’t know if anyone saw my comment last night re Fernando but there are a lot of youngster playing for the U23s who could be on the verge of the first team. All we might have to do is get through the coming season with the squad we have and we could have a MU kids situation developing.

Oh and Fernando is Brazilian and they do tend to develop into first team players early. So don’t be surprised if he is blooded soon.

• Markaccus

Jul 17, 2017 at 2:51 PM

Our toon

Re the cricket… The internet is was full of people saying England should really go for it. I sometimes wonder if anyone understands test cricket anymore. If this collapse had happened under cooks captaincy, it would all have been his fault. To me, we play test cricket the way we play limited overs cricket, and when it doesn’t work, we panic. The correct mindset is not being coached into them in my opinion.

• Essex Geordie Bill