Jacob Murphy’s First Interview – He Explains His Strong Geordie Roots – Destined To Play For Newcastle

Jacob Murphy has given his first interview today with the Chronicle and his Mom is from Birtley and his Dad is from Ashington and the rest of his family are in Gateshead – so he definitely has Geordie roots.Jacob Murphy’s First

Jacob talks about the great Alan Shearer being a God on Tyneside and he’s right about that although Rafa Benitez is quickly making a name for himself.

It’s clear that Jacob – and maybe his twin brother Josh later – can be part of the Rafa revolution that’s taking place at Newcastle.

And here is the photo of the potential Murphy twins when they are less than a year old so it’s prophetic they are wearing the Newcastle strip of the time – well – when you have Geordie parents – what can we say?

🙂

I’m pretty sure that’s Jacob on the left ….    🙂
They are laughing because we just won – again

Here’s what Jacob has said today in his very first interview:

“My mother is from Birtley, my dad a little further up in Ashington, and the rest of my family are all from Gateshead.” “They’ve always been Newcastle fans so that’s who I chose to follow.”

“The first game I went to with my brother, my dad took us to watch it, was against PSV Eindhoven in the UEFA Cup.”

“It was a 2-1 win with Alan Shearer and Gary Speed getting the goals.” “I watched Laurent Robert and Olivier Bernard when I was growing up.”

“They used to really stick out.” “Laurent Robert had a wand of a left-foot and used to cannon everything in.”

“Alan Shearer is a God at Newcastle, you can’t forget some of those names.”

“Last season with Norwich none of the boys could hear each other – all you could hear was the fans.”

“I wanted to be part of that when I heard I had the opportunity to come and play here.”

“That photo (shown above) was taken many, many years ago.” “It’s a really nice picture.”

“The smiles on mine and Josh’s faces – maybe we were destined to be here.”

“It’s a nice picture and my family love it as well.”

It’s great to have Jacob on board – can’t wait to see him play in a Newcastle shirt.

What do you think?

• Markaccus

Jul 19, 2017 at 4:58 PM

KevinHann

Interesting about his speed. Sunderland fan i work with said he was really quick! I don’t think it’s anything to worry ourselves about. I think he’ll turn out fine.

• Markaccus

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:00 PM

I still think people are under estimating our squad, and writing off players before they kick a ball for us.

• chicousa

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:02 PM

GeordieTwo
    I for one hope the rumors about offering Mitro to Lyon are false. I would rather sell Perez and D Murphy, keep Mitro and bring in Batshuyai…

• kc2012

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:03 PM

From last post ie Clucas,

Yeah we are 1/3 to get him Today, Yesterday we werent that odds on at all. Check this link, probably the best way to see who the bigger moneys being placed on maybe by inside sources….We are favourites for:

Batshuayi 7/2
    Clucas 1/3
    macarthy 7/2

Some very interesting odds.

• lesh

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:13 PM

The bairns’ parents had a great choice in clothing for them.

• Ron Knee

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:17 PM

lesh

I get most of the stuff from NUFC hashtag on Twitter. A mine of useless information – most of it!

• Ron Knee

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:19 PM

For example:-

George Caulkin

Understand that Nottingham Forest have bid in excess of £2m for Newcastle’s Ireland striker Daryl Murphy.

• Reilly

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:20 PM

George Caulkin? Verified account

• Lindisfarne

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:21 PM

Kelechi Iheanacho still at Man City and destined to be sold in a week!!!

• Average_Contents

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:27 PM

£3m and they can have him.

Bargain that like.

Mark

TikaTakaAcca wants to know if he can borrow the cocknose mask.

He deserves it more than you now

• GeordieTwo

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:28 PM

Where is wor Wow signing?
    Give us some Wow!!!
    We want some Wow!!!
    Boom, boom, boom boom boom!!!

• Jib

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:28 PM

Ha ha ha snap @ #7#8

• GeordieTwo

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:30 PM

Mitro is a real opinion divider chicusa mate. I’m not sure Rafa thinks he can work with him….

• Average_Contents

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:30 PM

He did a job and was happy to do it but realistically he probably knew if we gained promotion that he’d be surplus to requirements.

Thanks big lad

• GeordieTwo

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:32 PM

I think if we complete the Manquillo signing he’ll sit on the bench a lot…..

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:33 PM

Fcuk that I’d tell forest we want 7mill. How’s that for over inflated prices! Plus they just got 15 mil for that wonga bloke 😀

• GeordieTwo

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:35 PM

And having too many Murphys is confusing AC mate. It’s like having too many Taylors. Especially if we bring in Jacob’s twin. I just can’t sanction 3 Murphy’s in the club…. Harrumph…..

• GeordieTwo

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:36 PM

Ha ha ha!!! A bid in excess of 2M pounds? What’s that mean then, 2M and 1 pounds?

• Lindisfarne

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:44 PM

I prefer more than one Guiness

• Mr Funk

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:47 PM

2million for Daryl Murphy – SOLD!

Darlow for 6 Million – Have we sold him yet?

• KevinHann

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:49 PM

Markaccus

I hope that’s the case, mate. I’m only judging based on what I see and I don’t remember the few games I’ve watched with Manquillo when he was at Liverpool. Hopefully he turns out better than what’s suggested, and we sign some massive players in the next days, too. I’m just not buying the “Rafa can improve him” argument at all – then it wouldn’t matter who we sign as this can be universally applied to every single player.

To be honest what worries me the most is the way Rafa has been speaking recently. Up to that point I was perfectly happy with the club biding their time and getting the right players. But right now it seems we have to accept the club simply doesn’t have the financial muscle to flex and compete with midtable PL clubs on the market. It’s just a stark contrast with the huge budget we were expecting.

• Munster Mag

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:50 PM

I have a feeling that if we had purchased Tranquillo last year, he would be close to the transfer list now, but hope for best that he is a Yedlin ( is he good enough for prem ? ) rather than a Lazaar.

• Lindisfarne

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:53 PM

Rafa will always buy a full back, every season, just get used to it.

• cht2015

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:59 PM

Welcome. Hopefully this kick starts some FIRST team players! Isn’t Murphy a RM? He’s not gonna get a look in with Richie being RM – although Ritchie is left footed, Richie and Murphy on each wing…looking good!

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:03 PM

Munster,
    My point was that all season you insisted our squad was by far and away the best in the league and should have been running away with top spot. Now we’re the worst in the PL, we can’t have been that good last season if all of a sudden we’re so poor.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:04 PM

On Murphy,
    What a contrast to some of the players signed in the past who were planning their next move the minute their first presser was over.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:08 PM

Lascelles for an England call up this year.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:09 PM

If Clarke and Lascelles play so well they couldn’t be dropped, would that make Lejuene a dud?

• Bobbybee

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:10 PM

Newsflash. Jacob Murphy has been discovered tied up and gagged in a locker at Norwich. Police are flying to Ireland to talk to Josh.

• toon kk

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:10 PM

If some top quality players don’t arrive alot of fans are in for a reality check.
    Alot of our play was mediocre at times last season even though we were promoted . Even Rafa was baffled at times.
    We look like we’re strengthening for a promotion push in the championship.

Hello Mash, we were promote remember.

• Bobbybee

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:13 PM

“I’m Jacob”. “No I’m Jacob”. “I’m Jacob and so is my wife”. 🙂

• Jib

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:14 PM

toon kk

Ha ha ha
    You should be happy
    Your team beat Hartlepool last night
    😀

• Shot Bru

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:15 PM

This just shows how poor our local scouting network has been over the last few decades.
    The Murphy twins ended up at Norwich, and we have just spent £12 million on Jacob to get him back to Newcastle.
    Another factor in how the club has been mismanaged over the years

• RUNAWAY777

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:16 PM

Tell you what lads if we sell Mitrovic they better have a good strike lined up selling with out replacement is a dangish game to play we need a 20 + mil strike if Mitrovic

• Markaccus

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:17 PM

Average

Tikitakaaccaknakka can share the cocknose mask with c-dog and bladeuser. Maybe they can keyboard-warrior-cocknose each other to death, and give us all a break from the anger and agression they seem to show on here

• Bobbybee

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:18 PM

Shot Bru, neither lads are from up here mate, so we didn’t miss them.

• Bambams

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:19 PM

We won’t go down next year…We have too many very good players that fight for each other. We now have a defence that works and five or six players that are capable of scoring.

Yes the championship is a different league but we showed we were too good for that league hence we left it behind. Had it not been for some shocking referees we would of been promoted weeks earlier !

Now I am the same I wanted international players signed because I believed the rumours/press we were to be handed a war chest to finance these players….but the market has gone crazy.

I still believe we will get more players, possibly excellent players !
    But we will have enough to finish Well above the bottom three.

Rafa has a ‘project’ here not a ‘hobby’…

Even I can now accept I need to be patient.

Have faith fellow bloggers

• Rotonda heights

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:21 PM

Are ticcy tacca acca and T.O.F one and the same? Both charmless, obnoxious and utra negative about everything and with an identical syle of always peddling misery.

• RUNAWAY777

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:21 PM

F@ck this phone and internet over here

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:22 PM

Bambams

Welcome to the bright side mate lol

1 2 3 5