Rafa Benitez Reported To Be Keen To Sign Top Arsenal Playmaker

The Telegraph are reporting that Newcastle’s Rafa Benitez is interested in signing 25-year-old Arsenal playmaker Jack Wilshere with the fee said to be around £20M.

But Newcastle are just one of three Premier League clubs who are interested in the player. with Jack said to favor a move to West Ham and Swansea, who beat Newcastle to Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham on loan, are the other club interested.

Jack is said to favor a move to West Ham and Swansea, who beat Newcastle to Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham on loan earlier in the summer, are the other Premier League club interested.

Jack played on loan at Bournemouth last season but with Jack having just one year left on his Arsenal contract Arsene Wenger would prefer selling him outright this summer than loaning him out again for the season because he would become a free agent next summer.

25-year-old Jack Wilshere on loan at Bournemouth last season

Jack with all of his injuries just hasn’t come through to fulfill the enormous promise he showed when he was younger, even though he already has 34 caps for England and has played a total of 160 games with 12 goals and 24 assists for Arsenal.

The Telegraph reports that Wilshire earns £90K/week, but we wonder if he still has the drive to become a top player and certainly we think because of his past injury record he would be a risk to sign at even £20K.

But there again Rafa could get the best out of this player and could even help Jack with all the injuries he seems to pick up every season.

Arsenal will become very keen to sell him later in the summer because his transfer price will decrease in January and he will become a free agent next summer.and older than 24 so the Gunners will not even be due compensation because he came through the Arsenal Youth system.

And because he’s older than 24 the Gunners will not even be due compensation after he came through the Arsenal Youth system.

Newcastle may wait until later in the transfer window to make a move for him when he could be cheaper – but the likelihood then is that if the Hammers are really interested in Wilshire he could already have signed for them by then.

What do you think?

Should Newcastle Sign Jack Wilshere For £20M?

Loading ... Loading ...

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 23, 2017 at 7:28 AM

Keep him off the tabs, coke, E’s and booze and he could be ok.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 23, 2017 at 7:29 AM

Not sure when the post moved so I’ll spare my reposts.

• jazzyp

Jul 23, 2017 at 7:33 AM

Injury free then yes from me.

I can see where Jesper is coming from regarding signings. The players we have brought in as yet cannot really be judged as an improvement to what we already have, Which is the worry.
    We hear time and time again about all the players Huddersfield have brought, And none would warrant getting into our squad.
    But if Huddersfield had signed Atsu, Leguene I bet most would still be saying the same thing, Yet deemed good enough for us just because we’ve brought them.
    A building project for Rafa we accept and acknowledge, But as yet I don’t see a significant improvement within the first 11

• jazzyp

Jul 23, 2017 at 7:34 AM

Lejuene

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 23, 2017 at 7:37 AM

Chicousa,
    Reading those values it puts things in to perspective.
    Never really commented on the new site layout. Like everything I suppose it needed updating but I’m not keen at all on the pages being split, makes it a real pain checking back previous posts, especially when you’re in a place where the Internet isn’t great and you have to keep waiting for new pages to load up. And what exactly do those hearts do?

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 23, 2017 at 7:45 AM

Jazzy,
    I only think it’s a worry if Rafa is genuinely being hamstrung by restrictions he previously didn’t know about or weren’t discussed, maybe it’s blind faith or just being desperate for things to come good but I am putting 100% trust in Rafa to bring some kind of sucess. The next Valencia will do me just fine.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 23, 2017 at 7:48 AM

If Wilshere comes here we’ll have to come to some kind of agreement with the towns bouncers to restrict his going out for tabs and pre match attendance in their clubs and wine bars.

• Jib

Jul 23, 2017 at 7:49 AM

Pepe Reina played in the first half of a friendly yesterday
    Napoli v Chievo
    It’ll be interesting to see if he travels to Germany next week for the preseason Audi Cup
    He’s still not extended his contract.

• RUNAWAY777

Jul 23, 2017 at 7:52 AM

Arsenal can keep him he’s get to many injurys morning jail you at the yesterday bro

• nightfa11

Jul 23, 2017 at 8:01 AM

I’d like to see him signed, but not for 20 mio. 10 would be realistic. He won’t play much at arsenal, it’s a world cup season and has only 1 year left on his contract.

I’d like to see him signed because he can become a top midfielder in the league, especially with Rafa guiding him. Partnership of Wilshire and shelvey..I’d like that 🙂 if he wants to resurrect his career, moving away from London would be the smartest thing for him to do.

• chicousa

Jul 23, 2017 at 8:01 AM

Jail,
    Yeah, I am curious how transfermarkt.com arrives at those valuations. Is there some actual analysis going on or is it just some guy sitting there updating his website with finger in the air estimates?

Secondly I wonder if some naive managing director is actually using that site to determine how much he may offer for a player? Please say it ain’t so! 😀

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 23, 2017 at 8:03 AM

Runaway,
    Good morning Bro 😀
    No, I’m at work till Tuesday, bought tickets for the Hellas game the other day, I’ll miss the Spurs game but will be home for W Ham.
    3000 there yesterday though, what an effort that is.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 23, 2017 at 8:07 AM

Chicousa,
    Gawd help us if he does 😀

• chicousa

Jul 23, 2017 at 8:16 AM

Re: Wilshere,
    I agree with jazzyp at #3
    Injury free then yes from me

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 23, 2017 at 8:20 AM

Bas Dost and Wilshere and would everyone be happy with that.

• toonrobbybobson

Jul 23, 2017 at 9:55 AM

Has anyone actually looked at his injury record? Its telling Bournemouth are not trying to sign him!

Enough said!

• AdoptedGeordie

Jul 24, 2017 at 3:58 AM

Please yes, already very experienced at 24, can sort his head out, only a young guy and I bet his appetite is there. Could play alongside Shelvey, replace Shelvey or at number 10. 20 million in today’s market ain’t bad, if he plays well for 4 years then will be worth a lot aged 28 and I think we need to take the gamble! He would get games for us which will help him for England and although I can see him prefer Westham Newcastle must be more attractive than Swansea seriously!!