What’s The Chances Of Rafa Signing Josh Murphy In The Future So He Can Rejoin His Twin Brother Jacob

Rafa Benitez has said when he signed Jacob Murphy last week that a year ago at this time he had been contemplating making a bid for his twin brother Josh – who has played for the England youth sides through U20.

And when asked if there was a chance he could sign Josh in the future and have both twin brothers playing at Newcastle Rafa said that was a possibility – but for now, Jacob was enough.

Jacob and Josh are very close which is usually the case with identical twins who have exactly the same DNA.

The Murphy brothers while at Norwich

Here’s what Jacob has said in the Chronicle recently when asked if he had consulted with Josh before he made the decision to move to Newcastle:

“We speak about everything and we spoke about my move here. He said it was something I had to do – and I couldn’t agree more.”

“It was hard to leave Norwich in one sense, but these opportunities don’t come around too often because you don’t know when the next one is going to come round the corner.”

“Everyone knows it was a tough one but hopefully it will turn out to be the right decision.”

“No I didn’t know he’d been looking at us for a year or so but these things happen all the time in football, everyone is keeping tabs on each other,”

“It’s just one of them really where he’s been looking.”

“Me and my brother have been away from each other before and at some point in our career, we knew we’d have to go our separate ways.”

“That time has come and we’re young men now so it’s something that we have to get on with. I know that he’ll be doing really well at Norwich and I’ll always be supporting him, and vice-versa.”

“I’m comfortable on both wings, I play off both feet as well so whatever side I’m on I can do a job,”

“It was a massive experience to go to the European U21 Championship. I was learning game by game, day by day.”

“We played some tough opposition and I’m like a sponge so I’m trying to absorb as much information as I can.”

“I’ve always got to keep learning and improving my game and I need to do that in pre-season ahead of the Premier League.”

Let’s know if you think we will have both brothers at Newcastle in the foreseeable future – say within the next two years.

Will Rafa Sign Josh Murphy In The Forseeabale Future?

Loading ... Loading ...

Comment welcome.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 25, 2017 at 7:01 AM

I’ll spare the repost Jimmy.

• toontaff2

Jul 25, 2017 at 7:02 AM

If we stay up and Norwich do not get promotion, we’ll buy him next summer! 😉

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 25, 2017 at 7:08 AM

Jimmy,
    It never posted,
    Aye, apart from his meddling in January which almost derailed our promotion push he’s took a back seat really.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 25, 2017 at 7:09 AM

toontaff,
    I’m looking forward to seeing him play, I’m going to the Hellas friendly but W Ham is my first PL game.

• toontaff2

Jul 25, 2017 at 7:26 AM

Jacob Murphy is an exciting signing for me. A young, fast talent who wants to play for the Toon. No talk of other ‘bigger’ clubs and that rubbish. Be good if Aarons can get back to some fitness and form, too.

• toontaff2

Jul 25, 2017 at 7:28 AM

Gayle, Murphy, Atsu, Aarons, Ritchie, Perez – Yedlin, Manquillo -pace, especially on the break.

• toontaff2

Jul 25, 2017 at 7:31 AM

Would love to see De Jong stay fit for a big part of the season, too.
    Will be going with either Hayden, again, or Murphy, as player of season 😛

• chicousa

Jul 25, 2017 at 7:35 AM

I guess it depends on how well they both play this year. If Josh plays great then Rafa may go after him, regardless of him being Jacob’s twin brother. If Jacob has a fantastic season then Rafa may go after his brother both as a prospect on his own account (if Josh plays well) or to keep Jacob happy (whether Josh plays well or not). If they both play terribly, then Rafa may have to unload Jacob, but I certainly hope that is not the case! Time will tell…

• nufc 11

Jul 25, 2017 at 8:11 AM

I have to think rafa still has a big wad of cash available we have only signed the bargain buys so far the of the lesser pl teams has gone up a fair deal since we were last around why would rafa stay at nufc for best case bottom 4 finish I mean if that’s the length of Ashley’s ambition where does that leave fans?