At Least Two Newcastle Players Interesting Clubs In Transfer Window

There are some clubs interested in at least two of our players who are available for transfer and who Rafa Benitez and Managing Director Lee Charnley will want to move out as soon as possible.

We should be seeing players moving in both directions in the next two weeks before our first Premier League game kicks off two weeks tomorrow against Spurs at St. James’ Park.

Le 10 Sport are reporting that Saint-Etienne is interested in signing Newcastle left-back Massadio Haidara who joined us four years ago last January from Nancy for around £2M.

Massadio Haidara in action for Magpies against the Saints in Premier League

Haidara doesn’t seem to have a future Newcastle and had suffered some injuries in his time at Newcastle but he still a very decent player.

And another French club Metz seems confident they can p[ersuade striker Emmanual Riviere to join them back in the French League.

Manu joined us from Monaco three years ago for £6M, but he just was never good enough for the Magpies – if truth be told.

This news comes in French newspaper L’Equipe after Turkish Super League club Osmanlispor had been in detailed negotiations to sign the 27-year-old striker and were said to be close to a deal.

So the hope would be Newcastle can transfer Manu and maybe recoup some of the 6M we paid out for him.

Rafa will get some fees for the outgoing transfers such as Riviere and Haiadara which the manager can then spend in this transfer window.

Also, we get their wages off the wage bill for the coming season which is just as important.

We’d like to see a few of our players moved out before the season starts two weeks tomorrow and if possible a couple of star players brought in too.

That’s not asking too much – is it?

🙂

• toontaff2

Jul 29, 2017 at 12:04 PM

So with kodi downloaded, what next?
    Nearly bust the blog with 1 long link 😮
    Remembering Toontaff is no IT whizz 🙄

• toontaff2

Jul 29, 2017 at 12:05 PM

Lord Hibbit, how do your servants serve up the friendlies for you? 😆
    See Runaway is hungover, after a night on the ouzo.
    Celebrating our new signings?

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 29, 2017 at 12:06 PM

Toontaff
    U need to install a build mate. Google and YouTube its the best guide for that mate

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 29, 2017 at 12:16 PM

I thought we were on the cusp of a seat change so after for what is for me a bit of a screed, I’m re-postings.

From what I have seen in the friendly’s so far I reckon the squad is a lot stronger than it’s getting credit for by many on the blog.

I know they are against lower ranked teams but the team work and effort ethos is plain to me and the incoming players look to be very shrewd buys.

The (hopefully) resurgent former sick notes on the team, I won’t bother to name, them look to be in great form and really are like new signings.

The Hayden/Shelvey combo looks to be a great match and displacing them will be challenge for the newcomers although I’m glad to admit that Diame is looking like a new player so far and was close to being MOM against Bradford.

Today’s game will be a real test and whilst I’d like a win, I’d be happier with a good performance from the lads even if we did lose.

HWTL

• ronaldo aarons

Jul 29, 2017 at 12:17 PM

Hibbit
    Yes I’m in the UK.

Toontaff
    Yeah once you’ve downloaded kodi, you need to download an addon that has live football/sports/TV etc.
    I use Phoenix but that’s been down a while and I mainly use zem. Type zem kodi in Google and you’ll see step by step guides on websites with images or videos on YouTube. Very simple once you get hang of it and there are no shortage of info or guides online.

I downloaded an addon called exodus which isn’t sport related but I can watch pretty much every TV program or film for free.

• sing in the corner

Jul 29, 2017 at 12:20 PM

Ronaldo
    Cheers for that from me too.
    Gonna try and fast forward myself into the technological age 🙂

• Tinman

Jul 29, 2017 at 12:33 PM

I think he was, but can anyone confirm:
    Was Ritchie on pens even when Gayle was fit?

• beermonkey

Jul 29, 2017 at 12:39 PM

rolando

phoenix has gone closed and as of yet not risen from the ashes
    some1 on here put me onto maverick

• Jib

Jul 29, 2017 at 12:39 PM

Reply to Mr Tuff’s post card
    Hi I’m – im Deutschland – to watch the lads play

You know – something you have never done
    😀
    Hopefully we’ll twat the blackandyellas thissafter
    I hope I’m sober enuff to appreciate it – This German bier
    ist sehr stark

• Jib

Jul 29, 2017 at 12:43 PM

Blackandyellas
    😎
    Ha ha ha
    That’s cos I’ve been talking to me German buddies about Merino
    They reckon he’s shit hot !

• hibbit

Jul 29, 2017 at 12:44 PM

ronaldo aarons

thanks mate going to give a try

• Ron Knee

Jul 29, 2017 at 12:50 PM

• Jib

Jul 29, 2017 at 12:58 PM

Should be a good crowd at the Opel Arena
    It’s a bit cloudy but about 28 degrees
    A lad I used to work with is a Die Nullfünfer supporter
    An invite to the Rhineland for 5 days plus taking in a Toon game
    as well – it would have been rude to refuse
    😀

• ronaldo aarons

Jul 29, 2017 at 1:06 PM

Yeah I’m seeing Phoenix has closed as have a few addons I had. Haven’t used this for a while now and I need to install kodi from scratch 🙁 and add addons after. I’ll find what works and post on here with link etc.

• ronaldo aarons

Jul 29, 2017 at 1:13 PM

For those who have firestick I used this to install kodi https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aSBnGkoHjQU

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 29, 2017 at 1:17 PM

Jazzy…when the big clubs come knocking and want your biggest players the selling club sets the price…it doesn’t necessarily go up just because Chelsea, Citeh or Everton bits.

Everton have money to spend but bought that Spanish kid for peanuts…

If you really want a player then you’ll have to pay…Swansea won’t do that and neither will we…

When Rafa says we have limited amount of money to spend he’s just being truthful…it won’t affect the prices…

• toontaff2

Jul 29, 2017 at 1:18 PM

Get so far with something called fusion, then blank!!!

• custurd

Jul 29, 2017 at 1:18 PM

So far NUFC look to have spent around £26 million on Atsu, Lejeune and Murphy, plus whatever coppers we threw at Atletico for Manquillo, and brought in £16 million from the sale of Thauvin and Gibson, with another £5 million, apparently, imminent from Metz/Osmanlispor for Riviere. Plus, we’ve gotten the wages of Mbabu, Anita, Gouffran, Satka, Vuckic and Ameobi off the books, without taking loan deals into account, and there’s probably another 5-6 players on their way out. What happened to Rafa’s warchest? £70 million, wasn’t it? Or £100 million, according to certain “sources”? Currently, the net spend stands at a whopping £5 million. £5 million. In contrast, Huddersfield have smashed their club record for transfers three times in this window, and have spent (probably) the same as us in total, but with zero outgoings. Looks like we don’t have a pot to pi*s in.

• custurd

Jul 29, 2017 at 1:22 PM

Oops. Should’ve just used Eds transfer/list and saved time researching 🙂 We’ve spent half a million quid less than i thought…

• AncientC

Jul 29, 2017 at 1:32 PM

200/1 to win 2-5 today. Why not I say, why not. Anything can happen in a friendly.

• TrustSean

Jul 29, 2017 at 1:34 PM

Quick shout to any other Norwegian Geordies on the blog here – the game is actually being shown live on TV2 Premier League 3! HWTL!

• Pitmatic

Jul 29, 2017 at 1:38 PM

Rotonda heights
    Jul 29, 2017 at 8:43 AM

“can’t believe people still want carroll. if he wasn’t a geordie no one would touch him.
    no good being great on his day if his day is less than 10 games a season.”

Just to set the record straight, Carroll has made 54 first team appearances for West Ham in the past two seasons. Coincidentally, this is exactly the same number as Dwight Gayle. He’s made a total of 110 appearances in four-and-a-half seasons for the Hammers, which is closer to 25 games a season than it is to 10.

Obviously he’s had his injury problems, and anyone thinking of signing him would have to factor that into their thinking. But those injuries he’s had have not diminished him as a player in that way that Michael Owen’s or Alan Smith’s did; he looks the same destructive force every time he comes back. If anything he seems to be showing more resilience later in his career.

I maintain that Carroll is the best centre forward Newcastle can realistically sign in this window. I doubt it will happen, and would fully respect it if Rafa decided he wasn’t his cup of tea, either in terms of his playing style of his lifestyle choices. But the hostility he gets from so many Newcastle fans puzzles me. I appreciate I probably have an overly romantic view on all this – hell, it’s borderline homoerotic – but to me he is the authentic local hero; a big, hard, handsome Geordie b*****d with genuine, genuine talent. Scores goals, breaks jaws, then falls down drunk. What’s not to love?

• magspuggy

Jul 29, 2017 at 1:51 PM

Oh aye

Andy the wife beater with his burnt out range rovers.

Just the sort of press we need to read every other day.

What could possibly go wrong..

• Ron Knee

Jul 29, 2017 at 1:54 PM

• YoungMag :P

Jul 29, 2017 at 1:55 PM

Is this match streamed?

• Ron Knee

Jul 29, 2017 at 2:03 PM

Darlow, Clark, Colback, Murphy, Diame, Ritchie, Dummett, De Jong, Lejeune, Yedlin, Mitrovic #nufc

• toontaff2

Jul 29, 2017 at 2:04 PM

ZEM – not working!!!

• AncientC

Jul 29, 2017 at 2:05 PM

Colback & Diame playing CM together. I am actually interested to see how they link up.

• ronaldo aarons

Jul 29, 2017 at 2:07 PM

Toon Taff
    Yeah you won’t have any luck with fusion. That’s been clamped down on. I’ve installed the new kodi but I can’t seem to install anything. Keep getting the error ‘couldn’t retrieve directory information. This could be due to the network not being connected. Would you like to add it anyway.’ Very, very frustrating and can’t figure out why.

• ronaldo aarons

Jul 29, 2017 at 2:08 PM

Very annoyed actually as I’ve lost all of the addons I had previously and now can’t seem to do anything!

• ToonTime

Jul 29, 2017 at 2:12 PM

@Custurd/99
    Except Ed’s list is wrong as well.

He shows Murphy as £10m and doesn’t include the £2m extras we’re going to have to pay but yet he shows Gibson going out as £6m when in fact we are getting £1m up front with another £5m based on future achievements (we all know that 17 year old prospects can often fail to turn into the real deal).

He shows Merino as £6m pending (fair enough if we don’t have to pay that until next season but he doesn’t mention the £2.5m loan fee.

A year in the championship with premier league wages will have eaten into last years transfer profit and who knows how much we are paying to offload some of last season’s signings? I would imagine players like Hanley will need a little financial persuasion to half their wages at Notts Forest or wherever it is he ends up.

• toontaff2

Jul 29, 2017 at 2:13 PM

No joy with kodi/stream.
    NUFC.co.uk not working as usual.
    Rugby League it is 🙄

• toontaff2

Jul 29, 2017 at 2:17 PM

Not glad I cannot get it to work, Ronaldo, but feel better it’s not just down to my IT skills!! Very frustrating, but not thrown laptop oot window, yet!
    NUFC.co.uk commentary never works here either and I’m in North Bloody Shields!
    Hull v Leeds on tv, rugby league semi.

• beermonkey