This Young Newcastle Striker Doing Well – Now In Big Demand

Newcastle’s 21-year-old striker Ivan Tony is making real progress at Newcastle, and he’s been playing well for Peter Beardsley’s U23 side.

Last season Ivan had two successful loan spells – one at Shrewsbury where he scored 7 goals and had 7 assists in 26 total appearances and then one at Scunthorpe when he scored 7 goals and one assist in 17 appearances.

Ivan is quietly becoming a better player at Newcastle, and we expect him to be loaned out again next season so he can get more first team games under his belt.

Scunthorpe manager Graham Alexander would like Ivan next season on loan too, and the club has already been in touch with Newcastle about their interest in a second loan deal for the young striker.

This is what Alexander has said about Ivan in the Scunthorpe Telegraph:

“I haven’t seen Ivan join anywhere so if Newcastle has made it clear to Ivan that they see him going out and playing then there is a possibility of him coming here.”

“He had a great time with us last season, and I think we were good for him, but I am sure other clubs will be in for his services.”

“We will try our hardest but if not we will do something else.”

“Ivan is certainly in our thoughts, and has been since the end of last season, so we will see what comes about in the next week or so.”

Toney joined Newcastle United in August two years ago on a long-term contract, and he’s played 4 times so far for the Newcastle first team.

Maybe Rafa will see if there is any interest from some Championship clubs for the striker next season, but wherever he ends up on loan, it’s essential he gets first team playing time.

What do you think?

Comments welcome

• hibbit

Jul 31, 2017 at 8:55 AM

can Rafa get Lucas Perez across the line this week ,
    the type of quality player we desperately need
    they way Rafa looks to be setting the team up with pace he would perfect

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:01 AM

Surely it has to be a Championship club for him next. It has to be a step back or standing still if he goes back to a league one club.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:04 AM

hibbit,
    Big story in the Sun today about it. They have us interested in Danny Ings as well.

• hibbit

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:06 AM

FROM SKY

Approaching the halfway point of the summer transfer window, around £1bn has already been spent so far by Premier League clubs.

• Jib

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:07 AM

I never realized that Germany produced so many nice wines.
    I’ll be returning to the Rhineland that’s for sure
    Back to the rainswept UK the morra
    Jeremy Corbyn AKA AncientC thinks Oldgit and me are doppelgangers
    Ha ha ha
    Aschlok

• giimps

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:08 AM

Perez and Allan if at all possible, not even sure if these links are true, time will tell I suppose, fingers x we get reinforcements in as times a ticking

• hibbit

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:09 AM

Jail for Ashley
    is Ings fit last i heard he would be out till september ???

• Jib

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:09 AM

My German pal tells me it’s spelled
    Arschloch

• Bobbybee

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:13 AM

Jail, needs to show he’s ready for that first mate. Preferably a minimum of ten in the first division up until January then move him up perhaps.
    No doubt Rafa will have studied the vids from every game he played in and on that evidence make his decision. He needs to cut out the yellow cards like, he’s as bad as Mitro nearly! 🙂
    I’m sure Rafa will do the right thing by him though, he has potential.

• Ron Knee

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:13 AM

Loch (German) = hole

• Jib

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:15 AM

Manquillo and Merino were out of the blue so the next couple may well be too.

By the way
    Manqillo means handcuff in Spanish and Merino is a type of sheep.
    I hope certain posters don’t get too excited by that word assciation

• martoon

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:19 AM

hibbit/jail – There is a picture on Twitter of Perez supposedly on his way to NUFC but to be honest he could be at airport!

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:20 AM

JIB, handcuffs and sheep – sounds like a bondage session 😆

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:22 AM

So funny, sunderland fans were incessant, last year, now 0-5 to Celtic reserves, ‘fighting’ in the streets, only 10,000 + 7000 Celtic fans watched, apparently, then Darren Gibson’s video. How the tables have turned. 😮

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:23 AM

And on tv, Friday v Derby. Could be a lot worse than our 1-0 loss to Fulham at the same stage 👿

• martoon

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:24 AM

*any airport!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:33 AM

Bobby…a CV looks backwards so it all good Rafa has done alot in his career and we are all happy we finally have a great manager at this great club….should have happened a long time ago.

…but stop sugar coating our situation…Rafa can’t safe us just by his presence! We need reinforcement and Rafa knows that…he don’t want finish low in the lower third.

If the season started tomorrow we would no doubt struggle…I know you don’t feel that way and it surely haven’t anything to do with red tinted glasses 😉

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:36 AM

I haven’t followed Ivan to be honest…what’s the highest level he’s played?…and how old is the kid?

• Bobbybee

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:42 AM

Toontaff, weekend looks canny mate. Friday watch the mackems get pasted, followed by SJP on Saturday for the last friendly, then Sunday see how Arma gets on for Bolton on Sky. For once Sky get it right for us!! 🙂

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:54 AM

Bobby, you’ll be watching in your ‘red tinted glasses’. 🙄

• Budge123

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:54 AM

Bobby the friendly is on Sunday isn’t it?

• martoon

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:56 AM

Bobbybee @19 – I hate to mess up your weekend but the friendly against Verona is on Sunday NOT Saturday!

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:57 AM

Budge,
    I hope so I’m off to lightwater valley on the sarada

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:58 AM

Checked tickets – definitely Sunday!
    Bobby, you’d have thought it was sunderland on Saturday, with that crowd!

Jul 31, 2017 at 10:00 AM

Don’t they usually have an open training session the Monday, after the pre-season home friendly?

• hibbit

Jul 31, 2017 at 10:03 AM

bobby
    sunday mate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Bobbybee

Jul 31, 2017 at 10:04 AM

Jesper, hardly sugar coated if you read it properly.
    I say we’re the third worse off team in the table due to promotion and sit at the bottom rung, with no divine right to be anywhere else just because of who we are.
    Our only advantage is Rafa, but point out he’s a realist. Anything we achieve will be down to hard work and togetherness and we’re in for a hard season. Proper sugar coating that! 🙂
    You seem to think he won’t settle for bottom third, I beg to differ. With what we have he’ll settle for anything above the bottom three imo.
    That said, I don’t think we will struggle against relegation for the reasons I stated.
    Maybe a bit lost in translation matey. 🙂 I think you’ll find that since May I’ve been at the forefront of trying to keep people’s feet firmly planted on the ground, when European places were being suggested.
    You might have red tinted glasses my friend, mine are 100% black and white tinted with realism. 🙂
    The spending isn’t over anyway, we’ll strengthen before the end of the window. We’re in for a long hard season, but one I’m confident we’ll come through in a reasonable position, which is anywhere from 17th to tenthish.

Jul 31, 2017 at 10:05 AM

From the Mag:
    ‘Official Newcastle United announcement:

Newcastle United have confirmed details for the Club’s annual family Open Day, which will take place at St. James’ Park on Monday (1st August).

The event, which is free of charge for fans of all ages, will run from 9am until 2pm and will once again feature access to a Fanzone and first team training session inside the stadium.

Around 14,000 people attended last season’s Open Day and the Club is anticipating another huge turnout.

To ensure the safety of attendees in the Fanzone and at the club store, where the Club’s 2016/17 away and third kits will go on sale, Strawberry Place will be closed to traffic from midnight until 4pm on Monday (1st August).

The Fanzone will include a number of football-related activities including a penalty kick area and speed cage, as well as an assault course, face painting area and small fairground rides.

The Fanzone will open at 9am, when access to East Stand seating will also open. Subject to attendance levels, supporters will subsequently be directed by stewards to additional seating areas once the East Stand is full.

The first action inside the stadium will commence at 9.45am, when participants from a range of Newcastle United Foundation coaching courses and the Newcastle United Academy showcase their skills on the pitch.’

Jul 31, 2017 at 10:10 AM

And there we have it – 😆
    It cannot be Monday 1st August!!!

• martoon

Jul 31, 2017 at 10:12 AM

toontaff2 @28 – Are you sure that wasn’t last year? As 1 Aug 2016 was a Monday whereas obviously this year 1 Aug is a Tuesday!

Jul 31, 2017 at 10:15 AM

Must have been last year’s ??????????????
    Anyone know if there is an open training day, this year?

Jul 31, 2017 at 10:15 AM

Martoon 😆

Jul 31, 2017 at 10:16 AM

Between Bobby being there a day early for the friendly and me being there a year too late for the open day 😮 😛

• Bobbybee

Jul 31, 2017 at 10:16 AM

Yup, my mistake, fair do’s 🙂 No idea why I thought the friendly was Saturday then, was sure I read we had eight days after the friendly to prepare for Spurs… 🙂
    Not to worry, can record the Bolton game so same applies. My mate in Keighley always gets the friendly and cup tickets the second they come out, so we sit on the halfway line, so I’ve not even looked at them yet. Hopefully I would’ve realised before then and not turned up, but you never know. 🙂

Jul 31, 2017 at 10:22 AM

Bobby, I’m a year oot, so no worries for you!
    Is there an open training day, this year? Cannot find mention of one.

• SPRINGY

Jul 31, 2017 at 10:26 AM

Bobbybee
    Is the 8 days off not coz the spurs matcj has been moved to monday….thought i read it had….somewhere? …i could be way off the mark there like.

• Bobbybee

Jul 31, 2017 at 10:27 AM

Toontaff, I do believe there is mate, but I have no intention of stating it as a certainty. 🙂 Maybe I’m thinking of next season..
    🙂

• Bobbybee

Jul 31, 2017 at 10:30 AM

Springy, stop trying to confuse me now. 🙂

1.30 ko can only be on a Sunday surely? 🙂

Jul 31, 2017 at 10:31 AM

This is becoming very confusing 🙄

• Bobbybee

Jul 31, 2017 at 10:34 AM

Right, remind me, what effing day is it??? Hope I ain’t missed any appointments this morning already!! 🙂