Rafa Benitez Identifies New Striker Target – Talks Progressing

The Chronicle is reporting today that Newcastle has gone after a new striker target – and he’s been identified as 27-year-old German striker Joselu of Stoke City.

Joselu was born in Stuttgart, West Germany, and attended school in the country for four years before his Spanish family returned to Galicia in Spain.

Joselu has been at Stoke for only a couple of years, and he signed on for £5.75M in 2015 and last season he was sent on loan to Deportivo when he scored 6 goals in 24 appearances.

Here’s the tweet sent out by the Chronicle chief sports writer Lee Ryder which hopefully will start some intense negotiations from Newcastle to try to get some new players into the club.

The striker stands over 6ft 3ins tall and began his career at Celta Vigo back in 2008 and was on Real Madrid’s books for two years from 2010 but only played twice for the Real Madrid first team.

After leaving Madrid in 2012, he moved to the German Bundesliga where he played for 1899 Hoffenheim, Eintracht Frankfurt and Hannover 96 before moving to Stoke City two years ago.

Personal Note: I have been investigated twice in the last couple of weeks by NewNow because I am not abiding by their guidelines for articles.

I have just been told I will be suspended for two weeks from NewsNow and I have a feeling it may be more than that.

I have been on NewsNow for 10 years and this is my first suspension.

But, it’s not good because I only have a certain amount of energy these days and my health is hardly good – therefore I have to decide where to place that limited energy.

So I have decided to take some time off and decide whether I can keep this site going after 10 years of operations.

I feel I have been very unfairly targeted – but that’s life – it’s really tough.

• Veltman

Aug 4, 2017 at 3:34 PM

There aren’t many realistic Strikers available atm.We won’t get the likes of Batshuayi,Welbeck etc unless by some miracle.The best bet for me is to get Lucas Perez.Has pace,work rate and the like even at 28 or 29.While i don’t fancy older players above 26,there is no choice but to go for it.Can do a decent job for atleast 2 or 3yrs.I cannot see a safer bet than him at this moment.

• G

Aug 4, 2017 at 3:40 PM

4 cubs in 5 years never bodes well on a players CV

• lesh

Aug 4, 2017 at 3:41 PM

Stoke paid £5.75m for him so gawd knows how much we’ve offered if it’s considered ‘derisory’. Maybe a bid of ten might do it? A nice new crispy tenner’d tempt any seller…… or so Ashley believes?

Looking at Wiki, a tenner sees about right

• Markaccus

Aug 4, 2017 at 3:45 PM

So, the more positive posters are being reprimanded for not letting the more negative posters have their opinion, and all the while total ar$e holes like bladeuser continually abuse anyone who is even remotely upbeat about our chances, and is being given a free ride. Giving rights to someone at the expense of other peoples’ is taking the p1ss.

• pablos left foot

Aug 4, 2017 at 3:47 PM

After all the “targets” we’ve “missed” out on, by dithering, including the latest, Neymar, who I’m sure some journo will have linked us with this summer, It’ll be a booster if we get Joselu, albeit a slight one.

• kakaobi

Aug 4, 2017 at 3:48 PM

albert luque and Xisco spring to mind with this one better off with mitro

• Rotonda heights

Aug 4, 2017 at 3:49 PM

sounds a it of a journeyman with a paticularly average cv

• ilovetoon8788

Aug 4, 2017 at 3:52 PM

Joselu average player. Now we are in desperation mode.

• Markaccus

Aug 4, 2017 at 3:59 PM

Not overly thrilled about the prospect of thos signing, however, it may not even be true.

• geordiemark

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:00 PM

well all this shows Ashleys ambition doesn’t it, just over a week to go before we play spurs and it doesn’t look good does it, if I was rafa id walk out say sod it had enough

• GeordieTwo

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:04 PM

We actually want this Hoserlu do we? Is this the best we can manage? This is truly pathetic! No where near as good as the strikers we already have. I’m verrrrrry disappointed!!!

• Markaccus

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:06 PM

G2

Whats to say the link is even true? We have been linked to 18 billion players so far.

• GeordieTwo

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:07 PM

True Markaccus I just feel like getting worked up about this. I can just feel a snit coming on!!! Harrumph!!!!

• Markaccus

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:08 PM

G2

Oh no! Not a Harrumphsnit!?

• GeordieTwo

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:08 PM

Perez or Hoserlu you lot? Who do you prefer? Ashley likes Hoserlu!

• GeordieTwo

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:10 PM

No, this is bigger than a Harrumphsnit Markaccus! This is a full-on rip off me battle thong and shake it at Ashcrack snit! Get back to working on the Perez deal Ashcrack!!!!

• lochinvar

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:10 PM

Hello everyone – please read Ed’s notes above – VERY IMPORTANT
    it’s shameful what NewsNow are trying to do. It’s a free world with free speech and without knowing the full details can not believe that NewsNow who report on everything from around the world are playing the bully boy censorship card ?

More significant is Ed’s health and that is the only thing that matters now for him and his family as they fight the effects of cancer and the treatments that accompany that battle.

• Markaccus

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:11 PM

G2

Out of those two, Perez.

• nut meg

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:11 PM

Has any of you lot seen him play ???

• tomellifred360

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:12 PM

No thanks!

• GeordieTwo

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:13 PM

If PSG can afford 500 gazillion pounds for one player then we can afford 13M pounds. Hoserlu…… Absolutely unbelievable. Stoke must be laughing up their sleeves at us….. Don’t you buy this Hoserlu Ashcrack! Don’t you do it! I’m placing you on official club warning status….. Aaaaaooooggghaaaa!!!!

• GeordieTwo

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:15 PM

Do what you feel is right Ed. And do what is right for your family and your health mate.

• GeordieTwo

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:18 PM

I can see Hoserlu is going to cause a snitstorm on here! Ohhhhh yes Ashcrack! You’ve done it now!!!!

• hibbit

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:18 PM

ed the sites very important to a lot of people around the world but your health is far more important to you and your family

if you decided to take some time out try and give us a little warning so at least we know its planned
    wishing you all the very best in this troubled time
    stay strong may your god be with you

• Markaccus

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:19 PM

Ed

We all wish you the best whayever you decide. I have this site added to my favorites so I don’t need newsnow. They are mainly just full of gutterpress these days, anyway.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:21 PM

Has anybody actually read this article and Ed’s personal note.
    Ed, I’d be gutted if you packed the blog in but you have to do what is best for you and your family. All the best whatever you decide.

• GeordieTwo

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:22 PM

Everyone take cover! The snitstorm is coming!!!

• mindshaft

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:24 PM

Ed – sorry to hear about the newsnow issue, as has been mentioned a lot of people will miss the site but health comes first – hope it all works out for you

• GeordieTwo

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:24 PM

We’re with you Ed. Never liked NewsNow anyway. Bunch of bollocks from a bunch of bullies.

• chicousa

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:25 PM

Ed,
    I agree with Markaccus….most of can directly navigate to the blog w/o NewsNow so hopefully that won’t be a reason to stop running the blog.

But your health, well being and energy level during your cancer treatments is so much more important than the blog. Perhaps you could take time off and delegate the running of the blog to Kacper or a couple of your blog followers??

• GeordieTwo

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:32 PM

Big news everyone. Now that Barca has sold Neymar they have the money to go after Hoserlu! We don’t stand a monkeys…….

• Jib

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:32 PM

Ed
    I don’t know about anyone else but in my opinion (as a NUFC supporter )
    yours is the goto site for NUFC fans.
    NewsNow gets used by me once in a blue moon.
    If they decide to suspend you it’s their loss really.
    They are just a news aggregator
    I prefer to use the “news” button on Google
    Screw ’em I say

• Veltman

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:36 PM

Lochinvar – i think Ed is caught up with serious health issue for a while now.I am overly surprised why he still work and continue providing articles? Why don’t he give it to someone else? Like son or daughter? Do you have any insight on that? Cheers in advance.

• Markaccus

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:36 PM

Looks like newsnow are throwing in with the scummy red tops and the sites that recycle the tabloid tripe. If this is the case, they are making the site worthless. As Jib says, you can clicl google news, or even use twitter. Sod them.

• Markaccus

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:39 PM

Speaking of twitter, my name there and everywhere else online for that matter is also Markaccus, so even if we dont get on that well, i am happy to be followed and will follow anyone from here, should ed decide to shut down.

• jazzyp

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:40 PM

Edd

I’m sure I speak for most when I say this site has become part and parcel of our everyday life and will be a massive miss.
    But you have to do what’s you feel is the right thing for yourself and your family.
    Please stay strong my friend and whatever you choose to do the blog is 100% behind ya

• RUNAWAY777

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:40 PM

Where we all going to go if ed calls it a day anybody fancy taken it on ???

• OneAlanShearer

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:41 PM

I stopped using news now ages ago. I ude twitter its the fastest source of news out there. I come on here for the chat.
    Why on earth news now would want to bully ed I don’t know. Good luck ed. Great site.

• hibbit

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:42 PM

RUNAWAY777
    good question you got any ideas ???????????????????????????????

• Darestobedifferent

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:45 PM

Joselu is Spanish despite being born in Germany.

1 2 3 8