Rafa Benitez Can Turn This New Signing Into A Stellar Player For Newcastle

New signing Mikel Merino is only 21-years-old but the lad comes over as a very mature young man, and he speaks English extremely well too.

He doesn’t speak with a Geordie accent, but that will come, so he will soon be perfect.

🙂

Mikel has looked a very good player even though we haven’t seen that much of him.

But he seems like a lad who is just determined to make the very best of the ample football skills he’s been blessed with.

The impressive 21 year-old Mikel Merino

This is some of what the youngster  has said today as reported in the Northern Echo:

I don’t know yet what it will be like playing at St James’, but I have heard the fans here are really good, and I am used to that.”

“I have the good experience of being with Dortmund and Osasuna. 80,000 fans inside the stadium at Dortmund, there are always that many there no matter what game.”

I hope this crowd is also at this level. It is really good to have them with the team.”

“It was fantastic to play there, playing in front of that yellow wall. It is really impressive because everyone has yellow with them, everyone is singing.”

“And you go there as a player at the end to clap them, and they start to sing and jump.”

“It’s really impressive on TV and impressive in the stadium, but it’s even more incredible when you are down on the pitch, and you see it.”

“Your neck is almost broken when you see it, with the hairs standing up too.”

“When I am in the season, I am only focused on the season where I am, but last season was hard for me.”

“I was only looking in training, to improve my conditions and when the season finished I was told about the possibility to come to Newcastle with Rafa.”

“It’s a really good club. I was told I would have opportunities to play and to develop my skills. This is the right place for me to be. I am happy to finally be here.”

“I know it is really physical here, players are strong and fit. I am prepared for it. I can fight with the guys who are really strong.”

“I have to put my technical and tactical skills. You have to use all of your armory to win games and to impress.”

We’re really impressed with Mikel in multiple ways – he seems a mature young man with his feet firmly on the ground and he also looks like a great player for Newcastle in the near future.

He could turn out to be yet another stellar buy for Newcastle.

• SPRINGY

Aug 5, 2017 at 9:10 AM

Looking forward to see how good this lad can be.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 5, 2017 at 9:14 AM

If Rata wants someone Spanish as GK what about having a look at Asenjo?

Personally I would go for someone with PL experience but it needs to be an obvious upgrade on what we have…

I don’t like saying it, but the French marked looks the best place to look right now…not for PL experience obviously 🙂 just don’t know who it should be from the PL?

Reins is the obvious choice for many reasons, but it doesn’t seem Napoli will let him go!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 5, 2017 at 9:14 AM

Rata = Rafa

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 5, 2017 at 9:15 AM

Reins = Reina

Damn this predictive dictionary

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 5, 2017 at 9:19 AM

Cheers Jesper,
    What with them being highest quality of item and top banana evey wheres, I’m not sure if those tops are genuine and meet the British Standard fire regulations.

• WWSBRD

Aug 5, 2017 at 9:22 AM

jesper
    Adrian is better than what we currently have. Krul is done at the club for a fee reasons tbf, Elliot is back up at best, Darlow isn’t fancied by Rafa and Woodman is too young

• RUNAWAY777

Aug 5, 2017 at 9:34 AM

What’s happening with the blog lads jail hibbit shirebrook or toontaff2??

• bettyswallocks

Aug 5, 2017 at 9:44 AM

Well done Ed ………. To show such resilience and determination to keep this fantastic blog going under such adversity shows what a true warrior you are. Keep going wit ed down lad yer’ll beat this thing.

• c-dog

Aug 5, 2017 at 9:47 AM

Neither Merino nor Joselu would get into the Watford starting xi. That’s a fact.

• pablos left foot

Aug 5, 2017 at 10:30 AM

So far, Rafa”s signings are turning out to be better than expected. Merino is looking good, Lejuene splendid and even Manquillo is already looking a better player than he was in a makem shirt. If Rafa”s really after Joselu I reckon he”s seen something in him.
    After all one of the most repeated statements on here is “Rafa can make him into a great player”.

• pablos left foot

Aug 5, 2017 at 10:32 AM

Runaway. They were shagged out after the last mega blog “post-in”