Report – Newcastle Going Back In With Improved Bid For New Striker Target

Apparently, Newcastle went in with what has been called a derisory bid for Stoke City striker Joselu.

How often have we heard that with Newcastle – but the idea is to try to set the expectations for the selling club – so the fee will be small – it may even work sometimes.

But in these days of ridiculous transfer fees with the emphasis on ridiculous – maybe £20M was a derisory bid as far as Stoke were concerned.

🙂

The striker is another Spanish player Rafa is after, and he happened to be born in Germany of Spanish parents, and if we are after him, Rafa must rate the player and think he can do a job for the side.

27 year-old Spanish striker Joselu

The Shields Gazette has a report out today that Newcastle is considering going in with an improved bid for the player.

It’s interesting if we knew what the Newcastle bid was but it was probably around £5M after he was signed two years ago from Hanover for £5.75M and he hasn’t exactly lit up the Premier League with his performances.

We are still hoping we can get Arsenal’s Lucas Perez into Newcastle, but the £13.4M transfer fee appears to be too much for Newcastle.

It would also appear that Rafa doesn’t have near the £70M he was reported as having in the local papers earlier in the summer.

If he did have the £70M, we still would have over £50M to spend in the market – but we don’t know the state of the cash flow within the club.

Here’s what Stoke’s England International goalkeeper Jack Butland had to say about his team-mate this week as reported in the Shields Gazette:

That’s the thing with Jossie – he comes up with goals.”

“He’s had a tough time of it. He’s had to make the move. He’s had injuries. He’s had to go back and forth to Spain.”

“So it’s tough for him, but we all know what kind of player he is, and it would be brilliant to see him find some kind of form.”

“I’d love to see him a part of what we are doing, but I don’t know what his ambitions are, or what the club’s plans are for him.

“But if he keeps coming up with goals for us, then obviously we’d want to keep him around.”

Note – if you want to receive the articles every day in the future, please sign up to receive them here and help me keep the site going without the support of NewsNow.

• lesh

Aug 5, 2017 at 8:00 AM

I’m no IT wizz and Ed’s request that we sign up to receive posts beats me. Just what’s a thick like me supposed to do? Help…..

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 5, 2017 at 8:01 AM

Jail…dhgate.com

It’s a Chinese run website where resellers can sell their products. Always be aware of frauds!

Look for those with good reviews and look for Thai quality in stead of Chinese quality.

• magscar

Aug 5, 2017 at 8:07 AM

Lesh

Not sure myself about signing up to other site but presume it will still be possible to Google site and access that way if you haven’t bookmarked his page.

• hibbit

Aug 5, 2017 at 8:10 AM

well that’s me beat havnt got a clue what all this means ????????

• magscar

Aug 5, 2017 at 8:16 AM

hibbit

You mean Jack Butland’s ramblings or new access?

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 5, 2017 at 8:21 AM

Less…it seems Ed wants us redirected to his site so he will get advertisement money…or else I don’t get this obsession with Newsnow…

Most of us just write the URL name or bookmark it and visit the site…

It seems these days it’s all about the amount of adverts. I use to use Opera browser it removes the advers.

Maybe I am missing something – would be great if Ed would just explain what all the fuzz is about

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 5, 2017 at 8:23 AM

Less = lesh

• WWSBRD

Aug 5, 2017 at 8:31 AM

Link buzzed me across to my podcast app and subscribed on there? No idea if thats right

On topic yes to Adrian he’s a good enough keeper for what we need…completely unsold on the stoke lad though might as well of kept big Daryl. Starting to look like the budget is pretty much gone to me

• magscar

Aug 5, 2017 at 8:42 AM

When is suspension supposed to start for Blog as Newsnow has this latest thread listed at 8:09?

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 5, 2017 at 8:49 AM

Can’t see why Adrian is an upgrade on Krul…just seems as though Rafa slowly wants rid of players he didn’t buy…

I am all for bringing in a great experienced GK (looking forward to seeing one)

• OneAlanShearer

Aug 5, 2017 at 10:05 AM

• JohnJ

Aug 5, 2017 at 10:50 AM

Follow the word here (highlighted in blue) and create a Yahoo e-mail address if you don’t have one – just follow the instuctions it’s not too difficult. I for one wish to give Ed all the support I can. S*d Newsnow!