Rafa – My Commitment Is 100% With Newcastle – I’m Focused From The First Game To The Last

Rafa Benitez had just given his press conference – it was packed to overflowing – for the game at home to Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday afternoon.

Rafa has come out and told everybody he is 100% committed to Newcastle United and that he will be entirely focussed on every game from the first to the very last this season.

There are some inspiring words from the manager today as he calls for the fans to get right behind him and the team and hopefully we can still finish in the top half of the Premier League table whatever those expert pundits out there are predicting.

Newcastle world-class manager Rafa Benitez

This is some of what Rafa has said today in what seems to have been an upbeat press conference.

“When I decided to stay, it’s because I wanted to come back to the Premier League with this massive club.”

“We have to be sure we have a competitive team that is improving. I think maybe we can bring some players in and move some out.”

“This city deserves a team in the Premier League. We have to be sure that we can perform.”

“My commitment is 100% with this club and I’m focused on the first game to the last”

“When I was at Liverpool and challenging for title my budget was £17M. Now you can pay that for one player”

“The main message from me is to get behind the players.”  “They will give everything, and myself and my staff will do the same.”

“Jamaal has the mentality and passion that you are looking for in any player, and he’s helping the new players to settle down.”

“He is someone I can trust in terms of the way he behaves and the way he pushes others.”

Those are some great words from Rafa Benitez.

And hopefully, the fact he has said he is 100% committed to Newcastle (and especially to our fabulous fans) then maybe (just maybe) the National press will stop reporting a crisis at Newcastle and that Rafa will walk away before Christmas.

That will not happen.

Let’s support Rafa and the lads 100% this season – whatever happens – you never know we may do a lot better than the National press is predicting.

Howay The Lads – we can do it!

• Budge123

Aug 11, 2017 at 2:09 PM

Get the flip in Rafa son.

I think he knows players are coming following his other comments this week.

I’m expecting to get beat on Sunday but also expecting a hard working passionate performance from a team with shape and desire
    That in itself will be a massive step up from our last few Premiership campaigns.

• ShirebrookToon

Aug 11, 2017 at 2:10 PM

Ooooohh it’s getting closer now boys and girls. Let’s make St James deafening for the visiting teams. starting on Sunday.

Come on!!!

• Markaccus

Aug 11, 2017 at 2:11 PM

Can’t see how mbemba would ever be ahead of lascelles in the pecking order. I have read from more than one source that mbemba struggles to follow instruction and can’t seem to understand what is expected from him.

• ShirebrookToon

Aug 11, 2017 at 2:17 PM

Still no fcuking gift!!!

Hopefully Club will respond to my email I sent them yesterday. Quick enough to take my money though.

• Ron Knee

Aug 11, 2017 at 2:19 PM

Rumour alert

“… reports suggest that United are closing in on 24-year-old striker Olarenwaju Kayode. He plays in Austria for Austria Vienna. Decent record too – 17 goals last season in 33 games.”

• Mister Tuff

Aug 11, 2017 at 2:19 PM

Despite the troubles at Spurs – I still think we are going to get beat. 1 -3 to Spurs.
    Although I sincerely hope we beat/wallop them. And even though I think it will be a defeat I will still support the team.

There now – all bases covered – should hopefully not get abused for my opinion.

• KingOfSolesShoes

Aug 11, 2017 at 2:23 PM

I’m happy with any combination of Lejuene / Clark / Mbemba / Lascelles

What a difference that is from the days of Colo / Willo / Taylor..

Rafa has always taken the weakest area of his squads and started the improvements from there.

Now that area is up front… we have two strikers (Riviere doesn’t count) and with Gayle’s hamstrings and Mitro.. I like him, but not entirely dependable, yet.

Lucas Perez would be excellent for us, I’d see 15 premier league goals from him as nailed on, if we got him.

12 million? With some of the fees going about that’s not bad is it.. I’m still raging we didn’t get Sandro Ramirez at 5 million

• hibbit

Aug 11, 2017 at 2:26 PM

Lascelles played on with a double hernia from christmas till the end of last season and folk on here are having a pop at him
    Coloccini had 3 weeks off with a broken finger nail

• Jib

Aug 11, 2017 at 2:28 PM

from previous
    Olanrewaju Kayode a young Nigerian striker who plays for Austria Wien (2nd last season in the Austrian Bundesliga ) is a bit of a scoring machine.
    He is headed for the PL
    Rumour has it that it’s NUFC !

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Aug 11, 2017 at 2:41 PM

All the endorsement I need from our manager who knows a centre half !

Lascalles played through injury for us for a whole season to make sure we got promoted when was the last time we had a centre half or captain who did that !?

He was immense in games before his injury winning quite a few man of the match awards on the games that were on Sky hes young and under Rafa will develop into a top grade defender

• Toonces

Aug 11, 2017 at 2:44 PM

King @ 7 – Sandro would have been a nice shout but rumour has it that he is on a salary of 150K/week at Everton. Rafa hinted at some targets wanting outrageous salaries despite not having much top flight experience let alone PL experience and the club just couldn’t/wouldn’t justify it. Bringing a player like that into the club could certainly disrupt the salary cart and the clubhouse.

• SA Toon

Aug 11, 2017 at 2:44 PM

Surely we can do Lucas Perez at 12-13 million?! He would be an awesome signing and in this market that just doesn’t sound like a lot of money. Come on NUFC!

• hibbit

Aug 11, 2017 at 2:53 PM

KING
    At this moment in time, Everton currently have Wayne Rooney earning £150k a week, Sandro Ramirez earning £120k a week and Davy Klaassen picking up £100k a week.

Just behind the both of them sit Jordan Pickford and Michael Keane earning £90k a week, the former Sunderland man having increased his wages by five-fold alone this summer.

• KingOfSolesShoes

Aug 11, 2017 at 3:01 PM

Toonces True, but then again I think the applecart wage wise should already be fairly upset, if it;s ever going to be..

Isn’t Colback on twice what Lascelles is on?

Saviet on almost 4 times what Rolando is on..

Mitro 2nd highest wage at the club

I just think a player of Sandro’s ability, experience, and still young age (so in Ashley’s eyes potential resale..) he’s easily worth 20 million in today’s market, and that’s being conservative.

When the wages are offset against the value of that release clause, and the fact he could easily be a 40 million pound player in a couple of years..

We were never going to compete with Everton this year anyway, they are splashin cash.

But I really hope we get Perez

That lad, Olanrewaju Kayode.. according to Austria Wien he needs a hatful of chances to score..

We need someone clinical.

• c-dog

Aug 11, 2017 at 3:10 PM

Lascelles ahead of Mbemba all day long. I think both have great potential but Lascelles seems to be more level headed. Mbemba is a bit eccentric in his carrying of the ball out of the back and his positioning always leaves him attempting superman challenges. Big w’s over his intelligence as a footballer but still very young and these are the things that experience gets rid of. #notkingtitus