Rafa Wants Five New Signings This Month – Now Linked With Polish International


Rafa Benitez has said that Newcastle is working on several transfer deals as he gives the impression he wants signings brought in at Newcastle just as quickly as possible and preferably some signed this week.

And he may surprise us with some of his signings, which he’s done in the past and the Telegraph today says that the Newcastle manager wants five new signings before the month is out.

The Telegraph is reporting that Rafa wants to bring in a left-back, central defender, striker, and goalkeeper before the window closes in 16 days time.

A new target for us is identified in the report as 29-year-old Legia Warsaw and Poland international Michal Pazdan, who was impressive at Euro 2016 last summer in France.

29-year-old Polish International defender Michal Pazdan

At 5ft 11ins tall he can also play in defensive midfield, but the main thing is we can afford him at around £3M, and he’s very experienced; Rafa rates him.

He’s played all his football with Polish teams, and he has 26 caps for his country so far.

We have been linked again today with Greek International goalkeeper Orestis Karnezis, and we are close to signing both striker Joselu from Stoke City and left-sided player 21-year-old Kenedy from Chelsea on a season long loan.

Kenedy can play at left back or on the left wing – so it would not be too surprising if Rafa was able to sign five players before the month is out.

If Michal Pazdan is brought in, we wonder what will happen with Chancel Mbemba?

But we think Rafa will keep him in the squad but we still need to sell players like Krul, Riviere, Saivet, and Haidara and there’s not too much time left in this summer transfer window.

What do you think?

Comments welcome.



You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr

9 comments so far

  • Toondog2

    Aug 15, 2017 at 8:04 AM

    Comment #1

    I don’t understand why Rafa doesn’t rate Chancel Mbemba.
    Anybody has any ideas

    4
  • Ron Knee

    Aug 15, 2017 at 8:09 AM

    Comment #2

    @1

    He doesn’t follow Rafa’s instructions, apparently.

    0
  • Jib

    Aug 15, 2017 at 8:12 AM

    Comment #3

    Dog
    he has Brambleitis
    class for 85% the other 15% his mind’s on the quayside , or somewhere , defo not on the pitch.

    4
  • Charlie in the Gallowgate

    Aug 15, 2017 at 8:12 AM

    Comment #4

    Interesting article in the Journal this morning about the TOON’s snail paced recruitment drive.
    It looks like the TOON are reluctant to pay more than £70,000 per week (Shelvey gets) before bonuses.
    Perez and Gibbs want more than £70,000 per week Sandro Ramirez who went to Everton wanted £120,000 per week while Abrahams deal fell through because of demands for agents fees.

    also RAFA did not have a meeting with Ashley after the game on Sunday!

    1
  • jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

    Aug 15, 2017 at 8:18 AM

    Comment #5

    Simone Scuffet will be first choice GK at Udinese this season…Udinese seems determined to want to move Orestis Karnezis on…

    …so Orestis Karnezis won’t be first choice at Udinese regardless. Scuffet is only 21 years old an one hell of a GK. I wouldn’t mind we just kept the keepers we had and used Woodman as first choice…or at least gave him the chance this season.

    2
  • jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

    Aug 15, 2017 at 8:22 AM

    Comment #6

    Charlie…it’s alot of money – clubs should have a wage structure especially if they want to be self sustainable and cannot and won’t rely on a sugar daddy!

    …but personally I don’t think the problem is the wage cap…the gab between £70k and £120k is simple to wide to even make that kind of offer happen…our problem is that we penny-pinch when a deal is close to happen!

    1
  • Jib

    Aug 15, 2017 at 8:25 AM

    Comment #7

    Big deal about Ashley not meeting Rafa
    Personally I cannot see why
    Rafa runs the show with Charnley’s help
    They’d just be chewing the fat for the sake of it.
    I imagine Rafa had enough on his plate on Sunday without talking to the owner about nowt.

    3
  • Jib

    Aug 15, 2017 at 8:29 AM

    Comment #8

    Jesper make your mind up what you are going to whinge about !

    Is it :-

    Ridiculously big contracts , that leave players we don’t want , on the books.

    or

    NUFC cannot get players because we are penny pinchers and offer cheap contracts

    It cannot be both

    7
  • DarloMag_0773

    Aug 15, 2017 at 8:45 AM

    Comment #9

    Rather than FFP clubs should have a salary cap like in Rugby league! Give each team a 20-30m cap! Would make things fairer imo

    1

You must log in to post a comment.