Joselu – I Am Happy To Be At Such A Big Club – I’m So Excited – It Should Be Easier For Me At Newcastle

New signing Joselu seems delighted to be at Newcastle under Spanish manager Rafa Benitez, and he has been given the number 21 shirt at the club.

The 27-year-old has been interviewed on the Newcastle website, and he says he is confident he can do well at Newcastle after already having had one full season in the Premier League – the season before last – at Stoke City.

He didn’t do too well at that time scoring just four goals in 27 total appearances, but we hope he will do a lot better at Newcastle under the coaching of Rafa Benitez.

Rafa must think he can get the best out of the former Spanish U19, U20,  and U21 striker who was an up-and-coming player when a youngster at Real Madrid for three years from 2009.

Last season at Deportivo he scored 6 goals in 24 total appearances for the Spanish club while on loan.

A relaxed looking Joselu after signing for Newcastle

A confident Joselu had this to say on the Newcastle website:

“It was a new country and a new league for me when I came to Stoke City,”

“It was a very good experience for me because I always wanted to play in the Premier League, but things were different because I had played for three years in Germany before I arrived in England.”

“I tried to accommodate to the club as soon as possible. I don’t think the first few years are easy for any player, but I think it is good for me that when I come here now, I have the experience of a year in the Premier League.”

“Last season I played in Spain, and I also think that is good for me.

“The first year in England is done. This is the most important thing for me because now I know the country, I know the teams and I know the league.”

“That should make everything easier for me now. I know all the things about the country and the league – it is not new like it was two years ago, and that should make it easier for me.”

“I have spent the last few days in Madrid because my son was born in Madrid and I stayed with my wife, but I have been feeling very good in training.”

“And I am looking forward to getting to know my team-mates and feeling part of the team.”

“I feel very happy because I am signing for a very big club. I have been waiting for the last days. I tried to be here as early as possible.”

“But I am here now and very happy to be part of this club. I am so excited.”

“I feel very good,” “I am fit, and I tried to do everything I could in pre-season because it is important that you get yourself in the right condition.”

“You have to get your legs working again, and I feel very good.”

What do you think about Joselu’s signing for Newcastle?

It’s a risk for Newcastle but a small financial risk at just £5M.

• Rotonda heights

Aug 16, 2017 at 2:49 PM

dread to think how much we in theory owe ashley now. he has us well and truly by the proverbials.
    Guess he must get some perverse pleasure out of p—-ing off and depressing as many fans as he possibly can.
    Sadly No one will pay the price ash wants, as his greed will see to that.

If Rafa keeps us up this season with all Ashley’s sub – plots, distractions and lack of support, it would border almost on as much of an achievement as getting top 6.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 16, 2017 at 2:51 PM

TyneMouth…you know how much you’re approval means to me…to all of us!

• john tudor

Aug 16, 2017 at 3:05 PM

I only hope he shuffles off

• catchy in norway

Aug 16, 2017 at 3:16 PM

Rotonda

totally agree,

and while i’m not a fan of Ashley, i don’t mind what is happening right now.
    the premiership is a huge bubble in the football world, Stoke paying 45million for Gilfi with salary to boot, if it doesn’t work out for this player for what ever reason, stokes future is stuck for as long as they have this player they will never be able to shift.
    Rafa knows the score, but is playing the good cop bad role. going out and telling the world we have 70 million to spend on players, is just an invertation for agents to come and pick your pockets and sell you chinese knock offs.

we have signed 6 players, all with decent ability for good money. 3 clubs will be relegated this season and panick because there wage structure will mean no one wants there so called top players outside of the premiership, and teams in the prem will only wanting to add quality.

• lesh

Aug 16, 2017 at 3:22 PM

I wonder if Mikey boy’s ever thought of treating NUFC like a charity – a not for profit organisation where whatever surplus it makes is ploughed back into the Club. Assuming we stay in the Prem, surpluses should allow the Club to pay off it’s debt to our glorious owner. Oh, and the Club could even charge SD for its advertising too.

• lesh

Aug 16, 2017 at 3:23 PM

Speaking of free advertising…..

KingofSoles

Nice ad. Sports Direct gets its ads for free off the back of NUFC, always photobombing photos where it can.

The difference is that SD’s like a parasite but I’m that’s not so in your case. I’m sure Ed would appreciate a contribution to the Blog’s costs. Every little helps!

• catchy in norway

Aug 16, 2017 at 3:25 PM

Lesh

charities only need to give 30% of what they make, so it fits his style.

never give to charity.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 16, 2017 at 3:28 PM

Catchy…I thought Gilfy was Everton bound?

• Mag52

Aug 16, 2017 at 3:28 PM

Catchy.

Are you sure Stoke have bought Gilfi ?

• swemag

Aug 16, 2017 at 3:29 PM

To Ed Harrison,

I wish you all the strength in the fight you are going through.
    From all the sites, forums and other media outlets this is by far the most live and vibrant one. It is your creation and I thank you for the hours of joy that it has brought me. It keeps me up to date with what other fans are thinking even when I am half a world away here in Canada.
    Again, all the best to you.

• geordie abroad

Aug 16, 2017 at 3:39 PM

swemag where in canada are you?

Stoke signed Jesse on loan, Everton are on the verge of signing Gylfi.

Really hope we’ve found a decent striker in Joselu

• martoon

Aug 16, 2017 at 3:43 PM

If I’m reading this correctly the transfer was delayed because his wife was having a baby. Not all the reasons that were flying around about having to wait for Stoke’s loan to go through etc.

• lesh

Aug 16, 2017 at 3:51 PM

Rotonda heights

Speaking of how much the Club owes Ashley, he sold a plot of land owned by the Club – what happened to the proceeds of the sale? If however many millions from the land sale went into Mash Holdings yet the debt he’s loaded onto the Club remains the same or increased, then that’s nothing short of immoral.

I’m sure folk’d be happier if he made efforts to clear the Club’s debt to him by both getting SD to pay for the free advertising its had over the last ten years and transferring the land sale money into the Club’s account. Doing that’d go some way to reducing the Club’s debt and therefore the price being asked for it.

• lesh

Aug 16, 2017 at 3:56 PM

Like us all, I love Ashley to pieces and hope that any suggestions that might help him be rid of NUFC are taken in the spirit intended – to help him be free of a business, the Club that’s clearly a burden to him.

• lesh

Aug 16, 2017 at 3:58 PM

martoon

Whose wife was having a baby? Charley’s? Nah, surely not.

• Veltman

Aug 16, 2017 at 3:59 PM

How did Diame get the number 10 shirt?

• hibbit

Aug 16, 2017 at 4:06 PM

Veltman

lucky dip !!!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 16, 2017 at 4:10 PM

Here we go again with the daft argument that the club owes Ashley money.

He owns the club, any money loaned is to himself, it’s his money.

He may well have some convoluted money switching operation working but it is money he has loaned to his own business. Therefore taking money out or putting it in for any reason is irrelevant to him he does however need to invest some money in his business/club to make sure it’s working to the best of it’s potential.

Seems simple enough to me.

• Lindisfarne

Aug 16, 2017 at 4:12 PM

• Lindisfarne

Aug 16, 2017 at 4:14 PM

Is the J in Joselu pronounced H then?
    As in Hoss-el-oo

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 16, 2017 at 4:20 PM

The injuries to Dummett and LeJeune are bad news but consider if they had these same injuries twenty to thirty years ago they could easily have been out for much longer periods.

I was thinking about the likes of Brian Clough, Tony Green, Derek Dooley who all had injuries that wrecked their careers. With the capabilities of modern medicine they and many more players would probably have been able to continue playing, just a passing thought by me.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 16, 2017 at 4:23 PM

Wonder if Rafa will start him this weekend, I suspect possibly not with perhaps Mitro getting a chance to show he’s the man, good psychology by Rafa perhaps?

• north east lincs toon

Aug 16, 2017 at 4:24 PM

Kevin prince boateng anyone released by las palmas only 30 good colback replacement

• catchy in norway

Aug 16, 2017 at 4:31 PM

EVERTON GGGGGRRRRRR

Thats who i meant…

but the rest still is true

• Jib

Aug 16, 2017 at 4:36 PM

• lochinvar

Aug 16, 2017 at 4:41 PM

Joselu is the man.
    Barkley is not going to be.

Everton manager Ronald Koeman says midfielder Ross Barkley “needs more tests” to assess the extent of his suspected hamstring injury.
    The England international, who has been linked with a move to Tottenham, has not trained for several days but Koeman did not put a timeframe on his return.
    The 23-year-old has one year left on his contract at Goodison Park but has failed to sign a new deal.

“He stopped training last Monday, it looks like the hamstring,” Koeman said.

• YoungMag :P

Aug 16, 2017 at 4:48 PM

The team I’d like to see vs Huddersfield.

_______________Elliot
    Manquillo_Lascelles_Mbemba_Clark
    __________Hayden_Merino
    Murphy______Ritchie_____Atsu
    _____________Joselu

• lochinvar

Aug 16, 2017 at 4:49 PM

swemag in Canada

Guess you have some link with one of the following unless SWE are your initials ?

Society of Women Engineers – you might be
    Society of Wine Educators – we all know a few of them
    Snow Water Equivalent – so does that put you in Manitoba ?
    or do you just
    Smoke Weed Everyday ?

• hibbit

Aug 16, 2017 at 4:57 PM

from Shields Gazette,
    the Magpies are looking to sign another attacking player in the form of young George Hirst.

Hirst is a talented England Under-20 international who broke into the Sheffield Wednesday first team last season and big things are expected from the 6’3 striker in the coming years.

The 18-year-old has attracted the interest from a host of clubs due to his evident potential and Newcastle are said to be looking to beat off competition from the likes of Leicester City, Manchester United and Arsenal to sign the striker.

• G

Aug 16, 2017 at 4:59 PM

NE Lincs, not thanks on Kev Prince Boetang. The guy is allegedly as mad as a bucket of curried frogs mate.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 16, 2017 at 5:01 PM

lesh…Joselu’s wife were having a baby in Madrid

• Jib

Aug 16, 2017 at 5:15 PM

I think the most entertaining and interesting of the CL qualifiers tonight will be Napoli vs Nice.

• nut meg

Aug 16, 2017 at 5:16 PM

George Hirst is the son of David Hirst one of our old players…a CF as well.

• nut meg

Aug 16, 2017 at 5:17 PM

hibbit..sorry i forgot to put your name on !

• Jib

Aug 16, 2017 at 5:19 PM

I always thought mad frogs lived in boxes

• Mag52

Aug 16, 2017 at 5:20 PM

Essex.

If you have a business, and you are a family man with food, holidays, wife, to spend money on, surely you must have two separate accounts.
    One for the business and one for family expenses.
    You’re going to need the two for returning your end of year tax figures. Or am I missing something ?

• swemag

Aug 16, 2017 at 5:22 PM

Geordie abroad – I am in Montreal, you in Canada?

• hibbit

Aug 16, 2017 at 5:26 PM

nut meg
    i dont recall him playing for nufc !!

• Mag52

Aug 16, 2017 at 5:31 PM

Essex.

To continue with the theme, any land owned by the club and sold by Ashley has to appear in the accounts of the club, and swell the money owned by the club, and taxes paid on the proceeds, however they are calculated these days, from the club’s accounts rather than from his personal account.
    But whatever is left, after tax, should have made the club richer by that amount. No ?

• nut meg

Aug 16, 2017 at 5:48 PM

hibbit sorry again your right it was david ford who played for us, another senior moment.!