Another Defender Identified Who Could Sign For Newcastle In Next 10 Days

There is news that Newcastle scouts were at the Champions League playoff game in Switzerland last Tuesday between Young Boys and CSKA Moscow Champions which the sway team won 1-0.

The second leg is this Wednesday.

The news was reported by Blick that our scouts were watching Kasim Nuhu the 6ft 3ins Young Boys Ghanaian center-back.

And it seems that Rafa wants to bring in another central defender even though we seem to already have four already at the club in Lejeune, Lascelles, Clark, and Mbemba.

Chancel played well for us yesterday, and it was one of the few times he’s played a left-back.

22-year-old Kasim Nuho of Young Boys – new transfer target?

As it turned out, the winning goal was scored by Kasim Nuhu, but it was an own goal that gave Moscow their narrow win.

Tottenham Hotspur was also represented at the game last Tuesday and are also interested in signing the player.

Kasim Nuhu has been at Young Boys for two years now with the season before last he was on loan from Mallorca before he moved to the Swiss club permanently last summer and he’s played well for his new club.

The Accra-born player is young at only 22 years old so he could be one that Rafa wants to bring in now and groom for the first team.

It doesn’t seem that we need another centre-back with Mbemba showing he can do a job for us across the back four but if Rafa thinks that’s needed he will bring in Kasim Nuhu.

We were also linked last week with 29-year-old Legia Warsaw and Poland international Michal Pazdan, who was impressive at Euro 2016 last summer in France.

We’d like to see at least four new players signed before the end of the month so that we don’t struggle once again in the Premier league.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player At Huddersfield?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

What do you think?

• kimbo

Aug 21, 2017 at 1:39 PM

We need a striker and no10 before anything else or Rafa change your tactics.

• LGFUAD21

Aug 21, 2017 at 1:41 PM

What Kimbo said

• LGFUAD21

Aug 21, 2017 at 1:45 PM

What’s interesting for me to see though is that there seems to be no consensus on who did and didnt have a terrible game yesterday.

I think that just shows that yesterday’s loss was more down to a terrible team set up than any one individual.

Yes we can point fingers at so and so for giving Mooy too much space but we can also point to the fact they had that 1 chance and that was it.

Hope these media links are wrong otherwise Rafa does not have his priorities straight at all. He’s not setting up the team well even with his limited resources.

• lochinvar

Aug 21, 2017 at 1:45 PM

Another central defender ?
    Lets hope thats not an insurance policy to cover an injury issue with Lejeune as there’s still no news on that front other than ” ankle ligaments” and no more info yet on physioroom.com

Also what Kimbo and LGFUAD21 said plus keeper etc etc

• Bobbybee

Aug 21, 2017 at 1:54 PM

Op, You still haven’t answered the question have you? Why is it the fault of fans who go to games’ that we are where we are? Because that is who I aimed my post at. The ones who blame us for the team not doing well. Those who say it’s our fault because we keep turning up. It’s always those who don’t go to games who slag off those who do.
    Give me one good reason why I should give up? Because of what somebody else tells me to do? Let me tell you, there is zero chance of that happening. You don’t get to tell me zilch pal. Nothing. Who are you? To me, nobody.
    As for getting in free? Shows what you know. Disabled fans might get a reduction, but we still pay you clown.
    You go on the piss. Fine, do I tell you not to? I wouldn’t dream of it. I save my money to buy my season ticket and pay for petrol etc. Personal choices mate. I make mine, you make yours, learn to live with them.
    And yes, as it goes, Rafa has repeatedly referred to match going fans, time and time again.
    Some people can’t go to games. Others travel hundreds of miles to do so. I’m not talking about fans who can’t go, I was distinctly talking to fans who attack match going fans and blame us for Ashley being there.
    Fans stopped going to Blackburn. Mainly because they’re no longer a PL club, but the Venky’s are still there. Coventry fans did the same, but their owners are still there.
    Stop being a baby ffs. We all want Ashley out, but he’ll go when he finds a buyer. We go because we’ve always gone. It’s like an addiction mixed with love. I won’t stop going because somebody else tells me not to. Somebody who doesn’t get it. Why should I?

• Ibizatoon

Aug 21, 2017 at 1:59 PM

Glad I didn’t get to miss one of your famous “who are you” posts.

Bobby…When he said you get in free, he was running with the idea that you’re a player, not a fan. Nothing to do with disabilities. It’s ok, we all read posts incorrectly from time to time, especially when composing calm and rational posts.

For what it’s worth, I don’t blame you or other match going fans for the last 2 restults, not that I think you’ll care. Of course.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 21, 2017 at 2:00 PM

Oh goody another CB…can he score +15 goals then I say sign him up!

• Bambams

Aug 21, 2017 at 2:04 PM

I still think Reina will sign before window is out. I still don’t rate Elliott and prefer Darlow. But if there is a project here Reina could do wonders for Woodman.

I think the fact Rafa has said Woodman could go in January on loan is a fall back if we don’t get Reina in. If Reina aint here pointless Woodman kicking his heels for a full season.

Signings will be made I have no doubt, it’s just the calibre that is not known at this time.

• hibbit

Aug 21, 2017 at 2:04 PM

The sheer madness of this window…………..

SKY SPORT
    .CLUCAS BID ACCEPTED

Hull have accepted a bid from Swansea for midfielder Sam Clucas. We understand the fee could rise to £16.5million

• Tsunki

Aug 21, 2017 at 2:08 PM

Ibiza @6 lol

Ibiza I fear that Rafa’s tailoring needs preclude being able to develop mitrovic, he needs players that fit the bill ready-made or things will go south in the next three months.

Mitro needs desperately to go to another club in Europe to revive his prospects

• Ibizatoon

Aug 21, 2017 at 2:10 PM

Tsunki…Is that limited to just Mitrovic, or do you doubt Rafas ability to develop players in general?

• Rotonda heights

Aug 21, 2017 at 2:17 PM

micah @mnrochelle
    Replying to @NUFC @premierleague

What an embarrassment. Mike Ashley, sell this club now. Nothing good will ever happen under your stewardship. The supporters deserve better
    15:24 – 20 Aug 2017

hard to argue really.

• Bobbybee

Aug 21, 2017 at 2:25 PM

Ibiza,, I hope you don’t blame us, it isn’t our fault. 🙂 We don’t have anything to do with how the club is run, we just get behind the team the best we can. When the most loyal fans in the country get blamed for the way a club is, then football is finished.
    Newcastle United is more than a football club. It’s a beacon for the north east. It’s about saying this is us and we’re proud to be from the north east. It’s sticking the fingers up at the bias shown towards London and the south in everything else, from jobs to financing the infrastructure.
    This is OUR football club and we’ll support it through thick and thin and I will never, ever apologise for that.
    Somebody on here the other day said people on the other side of the globe will never understand that – not me by the way – and to an extent he’s right. Football is a religion here. I know it’s an old cliché but it’s true. Like I say, it’s, about telling the rest of the country something in the best way we can.
    For others outside the area, a lot of them relate to that. Working class people who love the fact that our loyalty is above and beyond the call of duty. It’s difficult to explain, but it really is more than a football club. Nobody travelling miles to watch us can be called a glory hunter, can they? 🙂 Far from it, but something draws them here.
    The fans are the lifeblood of the club mate and always will be, so yes, I do get annoyed when we get called by fans who don’t go to games.
    But it’s not about ME. I’m just one of 50k, like once I was one of ten thousand. I use the term me because I’m there and can only speak for myself. Like I CAN speak for those who sit around me, because we discuss this and I know how they feel as well.
    Football is an addiction in a way,albeit a nice one. We get angry. We get frustrated. We say we’ll never go again – but we do.
    I won’t apologise for it either. I wear my loyalty to my club like a badge of honour mate, I wish people could get that. We don’t go to support Ashley. Nobody I know likes Ashley, we prefer to ignore him as best we can, like we ignored all the other money grabbers who owned the club before him.
    It’s those eleven men on the pitch that matter. Nothing else. And if we were in the Conference, we’d still go. I wish people would try to understand that more.

• wynsleap

Aug 21, 2017 at 2:34 PM

I would like to see Mbemba tried out in defensive midfield against Nottingham Forest in the Cup on Wednesday. He looked very mobile, bringing the ball out with some surging runs against Huddersfield, and allied to his defensive ability, heading and tackling. this would be advantageous too in the midfield. If that experiment was successful another decent central defender wouldn’t go amiss.
    I think Mbemba is underrated at the Toon and think he has a lot more to offer than has been previously shown.
    With the desperate way things currently are Rafa should try some ‘thinking outside the box’.

• Krul To Be Kind

Aug 21, 2017 at 3:02 PM

I’m usually positive but from what I seen yesterday and what it lacked stinks of internal problems and I’d lean to agreeing with Bobby on this that the outspoken team criticism from wor Rafa is not the brightest thing he’s ever done… This may have worked at his previous clubs but won’t work here. Where it has worked in the past for him the fans quickly forget when the results reflect the improvements. We all know what Ashley is capable off and he won’t give in, the difference is Rafa has worked with him for year, he’s screwed us over for 10 or so which means we know absolutely what he is capable off compared to Rafa… I just think if we don’t get anymore in which is a distinct possibility then the atmosphere being created with public outcries of a poor team coming from the manager could have an absolutely toxic and irreparable affect on our season.

• widowmagandapoke

Aug 21, 2017 at 3:13 PM

What worries me is we seem to be buying another raft of players who will be difficult to shift. Why, instead of going on bargain hunt, didn’t Charnley just go for those Rafa wanted and pay the price. It would probably cost les than the way he has gone about it.