Rafa Wants These Two Players Signed This Week – Ashley Must Help

After two successive defeats in the Premier League, we hope Mike Ashley and Lee Charnley will be stunned into action and help Rafa bring in at least four players by the time the transfer window slams shut in 10 days time – at 11:00 pm a week on Thursday.

It’s obvious we are going to have a long and hard season unless new players are brought quickly, and even some additional players may be needed in January.

It will be an absolute nightmare if we are involved in another relegation fight this season.

Before last season we are involved three times out of four seasons fighting relegation, so much for Mike Ashley’s tenure at Newcastle, and he hasn’t done much this summer to help Rafa.

The news in the Chronicle is that Rafa wants to sign two players this week.

Dennis Praet while at Anderlecht

First of all, Newcastle will try to finally tie up the season loan move of Kenedy, and the 21-year-old Chelsea player has class, and he’s still a little bit raw still, but Rafa can get the best out of him.

We have also reportedly bid for 23-year-old Sampdoria central midfielder Dennis Praet who looks a good young player who could add some creativity to the side in midfield.

That news comes from just one initial report in Italian media outlet Il Secolo XIX.

Praet had a good season for Sampdoria last season and is valued at around £14M (£12.6M), and he still has four years remaining on his current contract having moved from Anderlecht only last summer.

Mike Ashley and company must get real and understand that if we don’t sign four (or more) good players in the next ten days, we risk having another relegation fight and then losing Rafa at the end of the season.

It’s that important that they wake up and help Rafa strengthen the squad.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player At Huddersfield?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

What do you think?

• toon kk

Aug 21, 2017 at 7:35 AM

Rafa is basically saying we can’t get much better with the players we have.

I know we’re not strong enough so does Rafa, not like alot on here who think we’re a top 10 side.

• Spoof

Aug 21, 2017 at 7:41 AM

Just read an article where Colback is allegedly on £70k a week which is why it’s so difficult for us to get rid of players, they are way over paid and other clubs quite rightly just say no thanks.

No doubt that De Jong, Haidara, Hanley, Lazaar and Riviere are in similar situations to what Colback is so why shouldn’t they hold out, it’s our fault and not theirs that they are way over paid.

Nothing new about what I’ve just said but what gets my goat are these abusive fans who criticise the club for over paying players in one breath but in the next breath criticise again because we aren’t prepared to pay the going wage rate for some of our targets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Complete and utter numpties some people.

• Ron Knee

Aug 21, 2017 at 7:41 AM

I don’t get this Rafa-bashing. Look what he had to work with yesterday: four regular starters unavailable – critically three in defence – and new signings Merino and Joselu to integrate. Hardly promising!

• jimmysmith

Aug 21, 2017 at 7:42 AM

I think we are a top ten side if we have a couple of better centre forward options than a Gayle, and get another quality central mid.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Aug 21, 2017 at 7:45 AM

Said it last season I’ll say it this season – can RAFA not see that Perez and Gayle cannot play together in the same team = lightweight – piss poor together as I said before the game – we’ll loose with them to playing together – what has Mitrovich got to do to start – at least he would of given us some muscle and height up front for the HOOOOOOOOFS and can keep hold of the ball.

Feel sorry for Mitrovich does not start or come on overlooked for Jusrol – why bring Diame on go two up front and have a go – all to easy for Huddersfield defence today.

Sorry RAFA’s Tactics – tactics – same old same old every game
    One up front game after game whatever the opposition its one up front.

Could see that MOOY was running the show given far to much room – At half time get someone to sit on him/mark him but no got the freedom of the pitch all game.

We go one down stick rigidly to the same system formation tempo. Sacrifice one of our centre halfs and have a go – Me would of hooked Gayle for Mitrovich – stuck Perez along side him – pushed Merino further forward. Just do something instead of like for like.

Gayle will get nowt this season playing by himself up front – Premiership teams are to savvy and looks like he has lost a couple of yards of pace or frightened his hamstring is going to go.

Whole team looked lightweight give the ball away far to easily – knocked off the ball
    time and time again – could not pass the ball to one another.

ARGHHHHHHHHH – shit today and play like that we will be lucky to reach 20 points if we do not strengthen the squad in the next 10 days or so.

Please RAFA on wednesday night try two up front – it might work!!!

• Shoulders knees

Aug 21, 2017 at 7:47 AM

When people react badly to results as yesterday I believe that it’s passion not being deluded. Watching long balls up to four shorties was frustrating but not as much as seeing Diame coming on. Rafa for sure has a wealth of experience and will always get respect. Please though when we are playing a team packed with units playing direct ,getting down the wing crossing basically championship football we need an out ball not long to Atsu, Gayle,Perez, Ritchie or god for in Diame! How does he tie his laces he looks so awkward.

• hibbit

Aug 21, 2017 at 7:53 AM

Spoof
    not sure what the others are on but Colback is on 35k a week still a lot for the championship were he belongs

• Shoulders knees

Aug 21, 2017 at 7:53 AM

God forbid = god for in

• marshy

Aug 21, 2017 at 12:38 PM

I have a sneeking feeling that fatash is trying to get rafa to resign and rafa in return is trying to get fatash to sack him.

• goalseeker

Aug 21, 2017 at 1:53 PM

Although it has been mentioned that players are hard to move on because they are on £70k a week. Wait a minute these guys are supposed to be professional footballers who love the game. Of course they will accept the high wages but if someone turned round to me and said sorry you do not fit in with my plans find another club. I would find another club even if I took a cut in wages rather than sit on my backside and just take the money after all all I want to do is play football and if I take a cut I am not actually going to starve, and I love playing football I have wanted to play as a professional footballer since I was a kid. If that is so take a cut in wages and play football instead of sitting on your backside taking the money. I am not just talking about magpies I am talking about the rest of the greedy profession who kiss the badge and say how much they love the game and would play 7 days a week if they could. Then they either lose form or do not fit in with the style a manager wants for his team and will not take a cut in wages that a working man would give his eye teeth for what about kissing the badge take a cut move on get a life it is the real world out there not a gravy train. Before I get criticised I was a senior manager when a new director moved in to the company, he decided he wanted young managers and I was told I was to old, I had a contract which meant they could not sack me without paying up the contract. What did I do, I loved my job so went to another company who offered less money I took the job because I believed I could do a job for them and perhaps in 12 months ask for a raise to take me back where I was. Why don’t these guys do that and negotiate a new contract when they prove their worth to a new club.