This Premier League Striker Can Do A Job For Newcastle

One of the strikers we have been linked with in late summer is 25-year-old Liverpool striker Danny Ings.

The first time we were ever reported to be interested in Danny was way back in 2010 when he was on loan at Dorchester from Bournemouth, so we’ve been linked with this player for a long time.

Newcastle were after Danny two years ago when he was at Burnley before he finally ended up at Liverpool.

But in the two years he has been on Merseyside, he’s had a terrible time of it with various injuries.

But now Danny seems fit again and it could be a loan move to Newcastle would be a good move for Ings so he can get some first team games.

If he does end up at Newcastle on loan as long as we can keep his strength, he could do a job for us this season, and maybe Newcastle could negotiate a loan deal with an option to buy next summer.

Danny has only played 11 times with 3 goals for Liverpool over these last two years, so he hasn’t had much playing time because of some serious injuries.

Liverpool’s Danny Ings fully fit again – needs first team games

In the 2014-2015 season, Danny had a good season for Burnley and scored 11 goals and 4 assists in 35 Premier League appearances for the Turf Moor side.

Jurgen Klopp is pleased with Danny Ings’ return to fitness as the striker played the full game for the U23s on Friday night.

“He’s completely normal in training, that’s the best news.”

“He’s in a very good way, the knee is perfect that’s the most important thing of course.”

“It was a really long time out injured again, so that is why he needs games, games, games.”

“It makes no sense to rush him back.” “In our situation, we have four other strikers.”

It’s not clear if Klopp wants to loan Ings out for the season but surely that;s the best way to get him some top first team games.

There’s a chance we could end up with Danny for the season and as we said, if we can keep this lad fit – he can do a job for Newcastle.

What do you think?

• lochinvar

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:01 PM

If the ref saw the Mitro challenge and took no action because he deemed it not a foul then the FA can not take any action.

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:03 PM

Ings is a funny one
    Never more than a 1 in 3 striker
    He’s suffered the same shit as Krul , but in both his knees.
    We need someone who will hit the ground running , not a rehabalitation casualty !

• G

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:05 PM

I would take Ings in a heartbeat. A loan with an option to buy seems win win for us.

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:07 PM

G
    you would take anybody who is mooted in a hearbeat .
    😀

• G

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:11 PM

Go boil yer @r$e jib

• lochinvar

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:12 PM

The barmaid in Heartbeat was quite canny

• lesh

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:14 PM

There are times when folk must think it a pity that our beloved owner had a heartbeat!

• Chancel be a fine thing

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:15 PM

missed the bus: Kacper, any chance of some kind of bus has gone warning below the last comment on the thread; for me and Essex, or is it Bobby who likes to miss the bus too.
    Bambams
    Think we both agree on what happened, but the bone of contention is the ‘chicken flap’/elbow movement. I have been ‘air barging’, and my conclusion is that the action to shoulder and push someone over, is the ‘chicken flap’. As lawyer for the defence, I would point out Mitro’s immediate pointing out to the ref that it was a shoulder barge. Also I don’t consider Mitro to be a ‘nasty’ player like Shelvey; I think him an aggressive, bullying type of player, with the intent to dominate and unsettle players, but not to petulantly hurt them.
    I rest my case.

• lesh

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:16 PM

G

Could there be a vat big enough?

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:18 PM

I think this must be G

• lesh

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:19 PM

Chancel be a fine thing

After that robust defence case, it’s transportation to Australia for him.

• G

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:20 PM

Lesh, if ever a question on the blog deserved a conclusive answer, then its yours.

• Bambams

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:25 PM

Chancel

I hear you and I for one would be happy if we hear no more of it.

For me it’s the intent, the ball has gone and no reason at all to do anything other than go towards where the ball is or take up his position up front.

Chicken flap ! I love it – would be scratching my head explaining to a jury though never mind ‘his Lordship ‘

Cheers for the craic and fingers crossed no ban.

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:26 PM

We now know what the “G” stands for

• Chancel be a fine thing

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:28 PM

Yes, all my clients still serving their life sentences, but I’m determined to make it in law. Hoping things go better with my new client, who has been accused of using a blade and supporting sunderland. Both very serious crimes, but I’m confident of a good outcome.

• magspuggy

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:31 PM

In mitros defence hes wor player and the bairns miss understood the fella looked scary to him so it was like bashing the school bully so everyone else leaves him alone. Hes not like this normally and gets it out his system at the start of prem seasons expect better behaviour from now on.

Against. I was late and could have very easy saw red and cost us our first 3 points @ 2-0 no need for it.

How do you solve a problem like mitro ?
    Does rafa rate him enough to try ?

• G

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:33 PM

Jib, all you do is continually offend people, stir up $hit, cause arguments and missquote individuals on here. Thankfully everybody on the blog already has the measure of you, and nobody cares what you think. Do everybody a favour and dissappear.

• Bambams

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:33 PM

Chancel

‘NO COMMENT ‘

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:37 PM

Arsenal are getting shown up at Anfield at the mo’

• Bambams

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:39 PM

Mags

That’s just it, does Rafa want to risk playing someone who ‘has a demon in his locker ‘

I don’t think he will, let’s hope he gets the benefit of the doubt and this does not go down as another black mark.

It’s the same for Shelvey, he is another who must be plain daft thinking these days you can get away with standing on someone.

Cameras all over the place and one will definitely catch you out.

I will be surprised if both are still here at the start of next season – if Rafa is still manager.

Plenty food for thought there…..

• Bambams

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:39 PM

What a goal for Liverpool !

• magspuggy

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:50 PM

Bambam. That could be the crux of it.
    Rafa sticks with perez so there must be something he sees in him that i dont. Much better from him yesterday.

Rafa does not seem to rate mitro or at least leaves him on the bench quite a lot.
    Is rafa willing to oversee his faults and find a way to bring out his talents ?

I think rafa would be willing to sell but only if he knows he can buy so its now or never.
    Cant keep him if he wont get games when we need money for someone who will start.

• Inashleywetrust.

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:50 PM

Everyone loves me.

• lochinvar

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:55 PM

What a wonderful weekend.
    We beat the West Spammers and go above Arsenal even though were not playing today.
    Aaaah Bisto

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:55 PM

According to Dutch Fox sports Rafa has bid for PSV goalie Jeroen Zoet

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:57 PM

I tell you the next 4 days are going to be potty

Aug 27, 2017 at 5:01 PM

Loch
    I wondered what the f@ck you were on about !
    I forgot about GD – doh !

• Chancel be a fine thing

Aug 27, 2017 at 5:03 PM

If burnley beat spurs 2-0, and liverpool score stays the same, we’ll be up to 13th and above both arsenal and spurs!

Aug 27, 2017 at 5:08 PM

Spurs 1 Burnley 0

• Bambams

Aug 27, 2017 at 5:08 PM

Mags

How much would you get for Mitro ? You them have to find a lot of money to buy a replacement.

I still think there is more to come from Mitro but as you say the problem will be if Rafa is seeing something in him AND is he patient enough to wait.

What won’t help is Mitro picking up needless bookings.

I hope the lad can make it, I am pretty the same thoughts with Perez. I just don’t see consistency from either of them but I am no football manager so just hope they come good.

Watching Liverpool here and we are a few players away from this standard.

Enjoy your day you lot

• Bambams

Aug 27, 2017 at 5:10 PM

Chancel

Almost a European place in the league !

• Bambams

Aug 27, 2017 at 5:17 PM

I wonder what price for Arsenal to get relegated ! (Who thought Leicester would be champions)

Seriously Liverpool all over them

• Ron Knee

Aug 27, 2017 at 5:17 PM

Arsène OOT!

Aug 27, 2017 at 5:19 PM

The Levante coach Muniz has said after talking to him that he thinks Arsenal’s Lucas Perez will stay in the PL.
    NUFC are now back as favourites to sign him

Aug 27, 2017 at 5:28 PM

Lacazette cost Arsenal £53 million he’s touched the ball about 7 times
    French strikers eh !!!!

• sing in the corner

Aug 27, 2017 at 5:32 PM

Great atmosphere at the ground yesterday, fantastic morale boosting victory. I had a look back over the in-match blog comments,just for a giggle. 🙂

Is I’love’toon8788 about?

Just wonder how you came to the conclusion the ‘…crowd (were). useless again..’ ??

How did you take in the match? Radio, or a stream? From my seat in the Gallowgate I can assure you the noise was very good. The corner was as lively as always but also joined by most of the rest of the stand. Looked like it was better round the east stand and in parts of the Sir JH too judging by the movement although I can’t say I could hear over the wall of sound where I was.
    Pride floods back into the crowd when they see cohesive effort from the team as we saw yesterday, throughout the game. The crowd responded to that… were hugely supportive, singing at 0.0 , when we were only 1 up for a good while, and then party time near the end.
    You seemed very quick to condemn the crowd without bring there.

• oldarse

Aug 27, 2017 at 5:35 PM

Liverpool 4

Aug 27, 2017 at 5:36 PM

Liverpools football has been sublime

• Ron Knee

Aug 27, 2017 at 5:36 PM

Emphatic victory.

• TyneMouth

Aug 27, 2017 at 5:43 PM

As things stand; We are provisionally in thirteenth place in the league!

We are also two places above Arsenal! Who’d have thought it, HWTL…

1 2 3 6