Newcastle Put In Late Bid For 26-Year-Old German-Born Striker


Turkish outlet Milliyet are reporting that Crystal Palace have launched a £10M bid for Besiktas forward Cenk Tosun, who Newcastle were linked with yesterday.

And the news is that Newcastle have also made a bid for the 26-year-old German-born Turkish International.

Newcastle United have also reportedly tabled an offer for the player, according to the Turkish media outlet.

The news is that Besiktas want to sign Jose Sosa and Domagoj Vida and they need funds to do that, so selling Tosun could provide those funds.

Newcastle manager Rafa Benitez is said to be willing to offer £8M for the 6ft 18 times capped Turkish International (5 goals), but there’s no doubt the London club is in the driver’s seat for the player.

Besiktas President Fikret Orman wants £12M for Tosun, so the deal is not yet agreed, and it remains to be seen if Rafa is willing to raise the Newcastle bid.

26-year-old Besiktas forward Cenk Tosun

It could be that if Rafa does sign a striker today, he will sell Dwight Gayle to Fulham for £15M.

The Northern Echo are reporting today that Newcastle are willing to sell Gayle right up until 11:00 pm tonight.

It seems that Rafa Benitez and Gayle may have fallen out, but Gayle has told the manager he still wants to stay on Tyneside.

Tosun joined Besiktas three years ago from Gaziantepspor and since then he has played 121 times for the Turkish Champions with 51 goals and 11 assists.

This deal is a possibility for Newcastle, but in truth, it doesn’t look very likely.

But you never know.

Comment welcome.



You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr

8 comments so far

  • Lindisfarne

    Aug 31, 2017 at 8:39 AM

    Comment #1

    WTF

    0
  • magspuggy

    Aug 31, 2017 at 8:39 AM

    Comment #2

    3-4 in today lads penfolds found the checkbook hiding under the custard creams with the hidden cameras and recording gear. Keeper first then a loanee before splashing the lot on a new goalmachine..
    Wake me up when its all over. HWTL.

    4
  • lochinvar

    Aug 31, 2017 at 8:50 AM

    Comment #3

    Late bid – not really when there’s still 14 hours to go
    Unknown Turkish based striker
    Bid is £2m less than Palace offer
    Palace are in London
    Gayle has said he wants to stay in Newcastle
    Fulham think they can buy Gayle for £15m
    Price quoted for Gayle is £18m to £20M

    I’m going to read the Beano it makes more sense

    9
  • lochinvar

    Aug 31, 2017 at 8:53 AM

    Comment #4

    Where is Bas Dost when you need him

    11
  • Jack Root

    Aug 31, 2017 at 8:54 AM

    Comment #5

    mags
    Wake me up when Bobby bee is back on the blog and the pervading harbingers of doom have departed.

    11
  • BenbulbenMag

    Aug 31, 2017 at 9:06 AM

    Comment #6

    Lol @ 4 Indeed Bas Dost is the hero we need right now 😉

    5
  • Peebles_dave

    Aug 31, 2017 at 12:44 PM

    Comment #7

    Lochinvar, bid may be less than Palace offer, but do Newcastle think our mythical pay cash upfront will help if Besiktas want to spend on other players?

    0
  • BANDWBURNABY

    Aug 31, 2017 at 5:06 PM

    Comment #8

    Wait until window closes then the “couldnt get over the line” excuse comes out, they are very good at it but the truth is they wont spend the going rate for transfer or wages. Fatty is gambling again that the cheap way will let us survive & save him a pile of money

    0

You must log in to post a comment.