Rafa – North-East Already Feels Like Home – I Want Fantastic Fans To Have Team To Be Proud Of

There’s some excellent news today from Rafa Benitez who says the north-east already feels like home to him and he wants to stay and give the faithful Geordie fans a team we can all be proud of.

The reports are in the national newspapers like the Express and Star and quote an interview he gave to the lifestyle magazine North East Times.

He certainly seems as determined as ever to do his very best at Newcastle so this will come as great news for our fans even though he does not appear to get on well with the owner.

But maybe Rafa knows something we don’t know – and maybe Mike Ashley wants to sell the club, and Rafa is prepared to wait for that to happen?

Rafa Benitez – I have always felt welcome at Newcastle

We have no inside information on that – it’s just that if Rafa does build a good team despite the owner, we will surely be an excellent acquisition for some consortium – even at £400M.

This is what Rafa has said in the North East Times:

“The North East already feels like home for me. I was made to feel so welcome by everybody at the club, the supporters and the city from my very first day.

“I believe it is important to embrace a city and its people and I am grateful to have such a positive relationship with our fantastic supporters.”

“I have always felt very welcome at this club. All I can do is continue to work hard every day and try my best to give them a team to be proud of.”

“The fans are the motivation in everything that we do and I am really glad we could make them happy last season.”

“We know this season will be tough in the Premier League but with the fans on our side, it gives us a better chance of achieving our targets.”

“My family wanted me to stay in England after time away in Italy and Spain.”

“And it is true my daughters were showing me what the fans were saying on social media at the time.”

“They were looking on different social networks and saying: ‘You have to stay and win for these people – the fans love you here!’”

“I have always said the fans were one of the reasons I decided to stay and for my family, the comments they were seeing helped them to see it could be the right place for me.”

The interview was conducted on August 24th,  but those are still very positive comments from Rafa.

And as we all know it’s the fans he wants to stay at Newcastle for.

Howay The Lads!!

• toontaff2

Sep 7, 2017 at 7:33 AM

Rafa’s deadline day jib explained – believe me, hernia issues can cause such faces!

• lochinvar

Sep 7, 2017 at 7:36 AM

If Rafa was reported to have had a pained expression when he left the Training Ground last week – now we know why. Infection following hernia op – ouch.
    Get well soon Mr. Benitez, hope Mrs. Benitez is wiping your fevered brow !
    And well done to the Benitez lasses for keeping their Dad up to date on Social Media commentary – as they’ll be reading this for sure send him our best wishes fir a speedy recovery.

And mind your language lads there’s ladies watching !

• toontaff2

Sep 7, 2017 at 7:36 AM

And, of course, we now know, that despite Penfold haring around with a briefcase full of Mikey’s wallpaper, on deadline day, Rafa was incapacitated and unable to pick up his phone………….

• toontaff2

Sep 7, 2017 at 7:38 AM

You need to be earlier to beat me to it, Loch!

• Tenbytoon

Sep 7, 2017 at 7:38 AM

What a man, what a family aswell

• martoon

Sep 7, 2017 at 7:52 AM

Without being too negative a lot of these quotes are from when he decided to stay after relegation i.e. stay in England near his family, his daughters saying he should stay etc. I don’t see any new quotes in this story!

• sing in the corner

Sep 7, 2017 at 8:03 AM

martoon
    Yeah I too was thinking I read this a few months ago. Bit of newspaper recycling i suspect. I’m sure they are lining up a ‘Rafa to leave’ twist for a few days time to restore the ‘balance’.

• Geordie-john

Sep 7, 2017 at 9:52 AM

Thinking back to something Rafa said a while ago when asked about resigning. His reply was “I wont quit I can’t speak Chinese” What with the shirt sponsor being Chinese I think he was probably trying to let people know indirectly.