Buzzing Newcastle Fans Explode On Twitter Following Second Successive Win

In what was our second successive win today at Swansea the team put in another good solid performance and we were really well organized.

Captain fantastic Jamaal Lascelles got the winner after 76 minutes.

It was very close in the first half and Joselu, who looks a good front man for us, almost scored with a great glancing header after 35 minutes but it was brilliantly saved by goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski.

But Newcastle got to grips in the second half and we got our noses in front with Jamaal’s goal and hung on for the final 15 minutes for a great win on the road – our first away win in the Premier League since December 2015.

After all the negativity after August 31st this should raise the spirits of Newcastle fans everywhere and some went on Twitter to comment on the very decent team Rafa is building even though we have no star players.

• manxpie

Sep 10, 2017 at 7:13 PM

anyone on twitter of facebook please retweet the sanchez kick to motd as it should be a retrospective ban but only if they show it
    i’m sick of us always being on the end of it so lets see if at least they are consistent

• ShirebrookToon

Sep 10, 2017 at 7:15 PM

I liked how Lascelles held his hands up for the Abraham chance saying “it shouldn’t have happened, I got caught ball watching”

Captains performance today from him. Take a bow son!!

• Belfast

Sep 10, 2017 at 7:15 PM

Well that was top notch considering Rafas absence. Onwards and upwards !!

Swansea are in for a long hard season though hehe

• Belfast

Sep 10, 2017 at 7:18 PM

Awk give it a bloody rest Manxpie aka Victor Meldrew hehe. We won, so who gives a ferk ?

Have a break, have a Kit-kat.

• Krul To Be Kind

Sep 10, 2017 at 7:20 PM

Repost

If we consider our 3 striking options at present we have good options. Mitro is an out and out target man type, Gayle is a pacy on the shoulder of the last man type and Joselu can do both but not as effectively as the other 2 at their specialities… A hybrid of sorts… I like what we are shaping up to become.

• manxpie

Sep 10, 2017 at 7:21 PM

belfast as i say its the bias from the media that fusks me off
    if that was mitro it would be all over the media
    i’m very happy with the deserved win but i bet the ritchie one will be talked about!

• manxpie

Sep 10, 2017 at 7:23 PM

we didn’t even get a free kick for mbembas one and shelvey trod was all over the place but again the huddersfield one not even a mention

• Legolas

Sep 10, 2017 at 7:24 PM

Great win today. Absolutely buzzing. Work doesn’t seem so bad tomorrow. Lol.

After reading some earlier comments I dont understand those who are criticising Manquillo. I think other than Merino, Lascelles I think both him and Gamez played well. I think I must see a different game. Just my opinion like but he looked decent to me.

• Novocastrian66

Sep 10, 2017 at 7:25 PM

Lascelles will get all the plaudits for the win today and rightly so however Merino was Man of the match. The lad is top class.

• Belfast

Sep 10, 2017 at 7:25 PM

You’re pissing into the wind anyway.
    They’ll highlight the Ritchie incident because Mane was sent off yesterday, thankfully the Swansea center back wasn’t a big girls blouse like your good self. 🙂

• Novocastrian66

Sep 10, 2017 at 7:26 PM

Legolas; Agree, Gamez was superb.

• Belfast

Sep 10, 2017 at 7:27 PM

I didn’t think Mane’s was a red either to be honest, but I was expecting a red card after yesterdays shenanigans.

• Krul To Be Kind

Sep 10, 2017 at 7:28 PM

Legolas

I think Manquillo is gonna be a decent signing…works hard gets up the pitch a lot, likes carrying the ball but he has lapses which I hope can be coached out of him. I think he kept Abraham inside with the off the line incident but wouldn’t be too sure

• Krul To Be Kind

Sep 10, 2017 at 7:29 PM

Inside = offside

• welshgeordie9

Sep 10, 2017 at 9:53 PM

Would like to see Gayle in the no10 role, he can’t play up front on his own.