Newcastle Could Bring In This New Striker Target During January Transfer Window

Club Call are reporting the Newcastle scouts were watching CSKA Moscow striker Aaron Samuel Olanare (Aaron Samuel) earlier this week when they were at Benfica’s Stadium of Light watching the game against Benfica and CSKA which the Russian side won 2-1.

Aaron played in the Chinese Super League for Guangzhou R&F before signing on at the Russian club on a four and a half year deal in January of this year when his contract at Guangzhou finally ran out.

He has been capped seven times by Nigeria (2 International goals), and the news is that Tottenham were also in Lisbon checking on the player.

Rafa Benitez is said to be willing to put his disappointments behind him after a poor summer transfer window and concentrate on getting as many wins as possible on the board for Newcastle before the January transfer window opens.

But Rafa is also likely to want to bring in two or three players during January.

23-year-old CSKA Moscow Nigerian striker Aaron Samuel

If Dwight Gayle is not used much through the end of the year, he could be sold to Fulham for £15M as long as Newcastle have a striker to bring in – like Aaron Olanare.

Rafa will want to do that to make up for the lack of business done in the summer but also to get a start on strengthening the squad before the summer transfer window opens.

Rafa may also want to unload players like Henri Saivet, Jack Colback, and Sadio Haidara in January either permanently or on loan.

We could well see up to three players coming through the door in January.

We hope to see three players coming through the door in January.

🙂

Samuel seems to have everything it takes to be successful in the Premier League standing 6ft 3 ins tall and having some pace and physical presence.

What do you think?

• magicbus

Sep 14, 2017 at 2:09 PM

If it’s true then well done on alerting everyone lol

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Sep 14, 2017 at 2:10 PM

Why drop Manquilla – what I have seen of him he is a better footballer – more comfortable on the ball can pass it well and links up very well with Ritchie – only weakness is his defending.

My only change would be Atsu for Murphy who looks like he is lacking confidence/overawed at the minute

• hibbit

Sep 14, 2017 at 2:12 PM

magspuggy
    is it Shevleys spot though !

he has talent of that there’s no doubt when he’s on his game there’s not many better
    but he is lazy at times and has a massive problem controlling his temper which other teams now seem to focus on

mind you Rafa might not see it this way

• barkel

Sep 14, 2017 at 2:24 PM

@Charlie

I was thinking dropping Manquillo for Yedders for his pace alone.

• pablos left foot

Sep 14, 2017 at 2:29 PM

What’s Samuel’s strike rate like, anybody?

• Rotonda heights

Sep 14, 2017 at 2:31 PM

to be fair manquillo is fairly rapid himself

• JDdubai

Sep 14, 2017 at 2:34 PM

Manquillo has done ok, Yedlin offers more pace in attack, personally would drop Yedlin back if fit but not the end of the world either way.

Im quite liking the other teams fans writing us off each game, would like it to continue all season – underestimate us with our championship players – happy enough for Merson and Lawrenson to continue as well, just let us go under the radar and get our way to 40 points please.

• Billy Whitehursts V sign

Sep 14, 2017 at 2:38 PM

Is there any reason why Shelvey and Merino can’t play together?

Against West Ham Merino was often just in front of the back 4 winning header after header. He was also good breaking forward. Shelvey can be just effective especially as tackling seems to be virtually outlawed now.

Would be interesting to see them paired. Two talented passers keeping the ball moving, short and long. I think it could work! Stoke would probably be the ideal type of team to try it against? Possibly not against the top 6 sides?

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Sep 14, 2017 at 2:40 PM

I just think at the moment – against West Ham and Swansea we looked a weel balanced team that passed it well attacked down both flanks and everyone knew there jobs – just worry too many changes would spoil the continuity we have shown.

I think we are playing better football at the minute than I have seen for the past three or four years more passing and movement and a lot less hooooooofball

suppose what do I know had us to get beat last week

• Krul To Be Kind

Sep 14, 2017 at 2:41 PM

Charlie

Agreed on Manquillo being more comfortable on the ball but I feel De Yedlin is more direct which would be more suited to the counter attack game we seem to be deploying. I must say Manquillo looks assured on the ball and does move into space every time he releases the ball, all the Spanish guys we have at the moment are very adept at finding space to give an option and they’re never static but the sight of De Yedlin bombing down the flank is exciting imo so I’m a bit biased towards him and being a lover of pace in wide roles I really like De Yedlin, plus his frightening pace can cover a magnitude of sins in someone’s game, I don’t think Manquillo is a speedster but he is no slouch either.

• Krul To Be Kind

Sep 14, 2017 at 2:46 PM

I was just thinking that if Shelvey wasn’t suspended would we have brought Merino on as quickly as he has and seen what we have of him?

And from Monday night I was very impressed with Fernandez… Looks a lively and confident player, if he keeps that up I’d say we will see him sooner rather than later, he could definitely grab the 10 if given the chance, looks quick, tricky and persistent. I would like to see him getting some experience from the bench this season.

• Munster Mag

Sep 14, 2017 at 2:58 PM

I don’t think either right backs are particularly good defenders but I would prefer Yedlin for pace. Merino and shelvey? Can’t see it. agree with Charlie ré football. Better to watch this year. Not sure why we didn’t show more flair last season but am enjoying what I have seen so far. Good man rafa. Love merino, what a player.

• JP...from The Rock

Sep 14, 2017 at 3:03 PM

Krul to be Kind- yup me too was really impressed with Victor Fernandez the other night. Great dribbler of the ball and not afraid to have a pop from distance either. Looks to have great balance too shrugging off challenges. Looks a real prospect. Although he is more of a winger I think he can play the number 10 role easily too.

• Tsunki

Sep 14, 2017 at 3:17 PM

Belfast get with the program treacle I was never on that list ha ha

• magspuggy

Sep 14, 2017 at 3:19 PM

Hibbit. Good point mate it may not be a gimmie as much now. I think he will still play a massive part this season but he has to sort his head out and merino fighting for the shirt will keep him on his toes .

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 14, 2017 at 3:22 PM

I think the plan was for Yedlin to be the back up RB who would strive to improve and try to make the spot his own but it never worked out due to ”misunderstandings” 😮 in the summer, so with there not being much in quality separating them I think it would be unfair to drop Manquillo after being part of a clean sheet defence two weeks in a row. As for Merino playing the DM role with Shelvey, well he can tackle and pass, people might argue that he isn’t physical enough but he seems to have a lot more presence than wearside Jack who apparently is a specialist DM.

• Chancel be a fine thing

Sep 14, 2017 at 3:23 PM

Think we’ll see shelvey on in the second half sometime. As a time waster late sub for an attacker if we’re winning, or an earlier one for Hayden if we’re chasiong the game.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 14, 2017 at 3:26 PM

Tsunki,
    Did carl really put himself on his approved bloggers list? Twice!! And self hearted 8 times as well, Heesos Christos wept 😮

• Chancel be a fine thing

Sep 14, 2017 at 3:28 PM

Krull,
    Yes, I think, we wouldn’t have seen much of him. But as Shelvey thinks of the team above himself, he purposely got himself sent off, knowing Merino was the better option and Rafa would be too cautious in his introduction.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 14, 2017 at 3:28 PM

Chancel,
    Do you think Merino could play DM?

• Bambams

Sep 14, 2017 at 3:37 PM

I can’t see us spending anything in January.

It will be the summer if we stay up before any more signings. Unless that is Ash thinks we are in trouble of relegation.

Sound familiar……

• Krul To Be Kind

Sep 14, 2017 at 3:38 PM

Chancel

For the greater good… What a guy! Haha

• Mister Tuff

Sep 14, 2017 at 3:39 PM

The Preferred posters list reminds me of Sergio Leones’ classic spaghetti western – “the Good, the Bad and the Ugly”.
    Very naughty and mischievous to post such tosh – always causes problems’.
    With some of those listed – the Bad and the Ugly will probably think they are”the Good”.
    Funny thing Social media!

• Shadow_Shearer

Sep 14, 2017 at 3:47 PM

I would love to see merino and shelvey playing along side eachother. I think they will not only compliment eachother but learn from eachother.
    Just imagine the passes that will be played out to the front men. Long ball and short.
    Not everybody will agree i understand, but its about opinions

• Chancel be a fine thing

Sep 14, 2017 at 3:50 PM

Jail,
    Not sure I should be talking to you, as it’s an ambition of mine to one day make it onto Carl’s approved bloggers list.
    But hey ho; yes is the short answer. From what I’ve seen so far, he seems to have it all as a player and as such I think you could play him pretty much anywhere and he’d look good. So I would say it was more a question of where he is most effective. He’s the sort of player I’d like to see involved in the game as much as possible, with as much freedom as possible and so the role he’s in now (the more creative of the 2 defensive midfielders) suits him best I think. I also think he would be our best no.10, but the way we are set up to play, that position doesn’t see so much of the ball. I am guessing, with this view, that the instruction under which Hayden is playing is more restrictive in attacking expression.
    If, on the other hand, we played like Man city, and bossed the possession, then I’d like to see Merino as No.10, as in this style of play, that position is the most influential.

• Chancel be a fine thing

Sep 14, 2017 at 3:52 PM

Krul
    The boy’s all heart, too kind for his own good. To quote the great Peter Beardsley: “He hasn’t got a bad bone in his body”.
    🙂

• hibbit

Sep 14, 2017 at 3:57 PM

the player i would to see given a try in the DM spot would be Chancel Mbemba
    i think he would make a great DM the kids got everything to make that spot his own

• Chancel be a fine thing

Sep 14, 2017 at 4:00 PM

Me too hibbit.

• Chancel be a fine thing

Sep 14, 2017 at 4:02 PM

Only issue would be his surging runs up the pitch, If he lost possession, could leave us vunerable on the counter.

• Chancel be a fine thing

Sep 14, 2017 at 4:10 PM

Wow, have you seen this video of the Koln fans in London today:

• Billy Whitehursts V sign

Sep 14, 2017 at 4:10 PM

Hibbit, not sure, he is big, strong, quick, good tackler and header but lacks a top midfielders first touch. Would put himself under real pressure too often. Huge difference between being comfortable getting rid of the ball and being comfortable getting on the ball and playing. There is no time / space in there these days!

• Slank

Sep 14, 2017 at 4:16 PM

Against Stoke I would play the same team that started against Swansea but have reservations against Gamez and Murphy.

I think that Atsu is currently better than Murphy only because I have seen more of Atsu. Murphy looked a bit nervous with stage fright on his debut. He needs more game time to gain more confidence. Benitez must have seen something in him given that he already had Atsu and Aarons. Benitez can always bring Atsu on in the second half to run at a tiring Stoke backline.

My main worry is Gamez facing Shaqiri. Gamez should have the experience to deal with the sometimes mercurial Shaqiri.

• hibbit

Sep 14, 2017 at 4:20 PM

Billy
    you missed his pace and his football brain and i think he’s much better on the ball than you give him credit for

• Ron Knee

Sep 14, 2017 at 4:21 PM

I don’t think Rafa would have been too impressed with Aarons’ showing on Monday night.

• hellodjo

Sep 14, 2017 at 4:26 PM

If the UK wants to rival scenes like in that vid with the Koln fans then that’ll be achieved via politics, i’ll leave it at that come to your own conclusions.

• hellodjo

Sep 14, 2017 at 4:26 PM

UK fans*

• Mag52

Sep 14, 2017 at 4:37 PM

Could be we’ll see Clark moving over to LB on Saturday, with Lejeune partnering Lascelles in the centre of defence.
    I’d leave Manquillo at RB.

• Billy Whitehursts V sign

Sep 14, 2017 at 4:47 PM

Hibbit I am a fan of Mbemba. I really didnt understand why he featured so little last year? I also understand from reports that he has played there for his country. Just not convinced he is cut out for that role. Worry about first touch, distribution and decision making as not yet convinced by his footballing brain. Would be interesting to see how he did tho

• hibbit

Sep 14, 2017 at 4:49 PM

why would Rafa drop Jesús Gámez and move Clark after such good performances by both of them

Jesús was by far the best full back on the pitch on Sunday why would Rafa dump him

• hibbit

Sep 14, 2017 at 4:57 PM

Billy
    that’s what its all about mate opinions
    rumor has it he wouldn’t learn / communicate in english and would not follow Rafa’s game plan

1 2 3 6