Rafa Benitez Said Good Things About The Club, The City, Everything – I Signed Quickly

Joselu hasn’t played many games for us yet, but in the last two games he has started – both wins – he has looked a good player and has been an integral part of the new way the team is playing.

The Spaniard has also revealed that when a world-class manager called him and said he had been following his career for some years, he quickly decided to sign for Newcastle.

The 27-year-old joined Newcastle from  Stoke City for about £5M in mid-August and has quickly settled in at the club, and he is now set to start against his former club tomorrow afternoon at St. James’ Park.

Joselu after scoring against West Ham

Joselu did not have a good time of it at Stoke and last season he was on loan for the season at Deportivo La Coruna in Spain.

Joselu has been interviewed in the Chronicle today, and he talks about how he signed for Newcastle.

“Rafa told me to sign here, he told me many good things about the club, the city, everything.”

“I didn’t have to think too much about it, I signed quickly and I am here.”

“They bought me, I now try to play well and to help the club win the games. It doesn’t matter if I cost £5M, £6M or £25M.”

“The transfer market is crazy now. I don’t care about that.”

“Rafa is a big manager in the world. When he talks about you, he says he has followed you, it’s nice to know.”

“I am very happy to be working with him.”

“I hope for an opportunity now. I think I played well against West Ham. I try to work hard every week to be on the pitch and try to score goals to help the club.”

“There’s plenty of Spaniards here, but we can still speak English in the dressing room.”

“That is best.”

Joselu has already looked a good player at Newcastle and we expect Rafa Benitez to bring out the best in the Spanish striker as the season progresses.

Hopefully, we can make it three wins in a row tomorrow and go further up the league table.

That would be terrific!

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Stoke City?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• catchy in norway

Sep 15, 2017 at 7:16 AM

most players don’t care about these thing when they sign, it’s all about the money, then IF the fans take to them, then it’s a good club.

• Lindisfarne

Sep 15, 2017 at 7:34 AM

Missed out the owner!

• Lindisfarne

Sep 15, 2017 at 7:37 AM

Catchy

• Lindisfarne

Sep 15, 2017 at 7:37 AM

Catchy – I hope you saw my apology

• Bobbybee

Sep 15, 2017 at 7:38 AM

Catchy, that’s what I particularly like about the current squad Rafa has assembled. Each and every one of them is here purely and simply because they want to play for NUFC and our world class manager. They’re not here to get a move to a so called bigger club and there’s a distinct lack of egos in the dressing room. They’re all pulling in one direction and that alone, can take us further than a bunch of Prima Donna’s more concerned with if their make up is waterproof or the camera catches their favoured profile.
    I said this before and I believe it: if Rafa can get us well away from relegation and higher up the league, with the minimal amount of money he was given by a tight arsed owner, then that may well be viewed as his greatest achievement in the PL.
    Anyone can do it with an unlimited budget, but whatever he does this season it will be purely through his and his staff’s coaching ability and being able to spot quality going cheap.
    Whatever he does achieve this season will be down to him, the staff, the players and the fans facing the season with a siege mentality and being united as one.
    And if any of the fans don’t want to be part of that, they know where the door is. I’m really going to enjoy this season, win lose or draw.

• Tenbytoon

Sep 15, 2017 at 7:49 AM

Catchy

Agreed, but if he bangs in a couple this weekend no one will care.

2-0 to the toon Joselu at the brace HWTL!!!!! C,MON