Newcastle 2 Stoke 1 – Video Of All Goals

Newcastle had another excellent win this afternoon – this time a 2-1 win against Stoke City at St. James’ Park.

Here are the video highlights of today’s game for those people who have not yet seen them

• Hail Wor Ashley

Sep 16, 2017 at 7:27 PM

Ed’s motoring.

geordieviking a few threads back

Mitro’s had plenty of matches in B&W like Joselu did today whilst also not providing us the stable platform Joselu does. He’ll start next match again, think those criticising too harshly are just being reactionary.

Most will come around to giving him the benefit of the doubt, it’s hardly a pattern yet eh?

Next up Brighton. Would love a win there. 12pts after 6 games has a nice sound to it. Would also set up the Liverpool match very nicely.

• Mister Tuff

Sep 16, 2017 at 7:28 PM

Evening Jesper – hows things.

Manx – what exactly are you saying about Lascelles “chat” with the ref just before he scored.

• manxpie

Sep 16, 2017 at 7:41 PM

manxpie

Sep 16, 2017 at 7:30 PM

No it’s your own posts jesper you know the snide ones that triggered me into responding the way I did just to let ya know that people don’t forget
    And by the way you didn’t watch the games on the most part last time you were on remember?
    That’s why you got shit for your opinions last time too
    So how about less of the snide remarks and just put your opinion you have of an app!!! Instead?

• manxpie

Sep 16, 2017 at 7:42 PM

Tuff he was arguing to fusk with the ref just before his run in for the goal it was obviously a well thought out tactic by the captain I think it was about the penalty

• Belfast

Sep 16, 2017 at 7:47 PM

Four wins on the trot next week when we do Brighton! Yee ha!

• Legolas

Sep 16, 2017 at 7:49 PM

Brighton is definitely a winnable game. Just don’t want to be over confident. Will Mitro be back for then? I think he would score a few in this league.

• manxpie

Sep 16, 2017 at 7:51 PM

Belfast see I didn’t complain about the pen!?
    With you on that tho people laughed when I said we should be aiming for top 8
    Who would have thought palace would be 5 games 0 points 0 goals
    West Brom was near top 8 all season that’s why we should be aiming for it

• Belfast

Sep 16, 2017 at 7:52 PM

Hopefully fingers crossed we get a bit of luck with injuries this season.

I see dog face got the sack by Birmingham hehe. Fourteen players he signed in the summer.

• geordieviking

Sep 16, 2017 at 7:56 PM

I am I the only one who is driven crazy by Ed’s scattergun posting approach after a match. It seems that most bloggers want to discuss the game in some detail, an activity which is rarely enhanced by the intrusion of Shearer’s trite comments. Can’t we wait until after MotD for those? Or just ignore them altogether.
    I can’t believe that these trivial posts do much for either the blog’s hit-count or its popularity.

• Belfast

Sep 16, 2017 at 7:57 PM

I said all along there was ferk all between the teams outside the top 8 like.

I just hope we don’t start picking up injuries all over the shop like me normally do.

• manxpie

Sep 16, 2017 at 7:59 PM

He’ll be sky’s next big pundit then bloody ridiculous tho they are a proper basket case club like

• Belfast

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:01 PM

*We*

And yeah I thought you’d been hacked when I seen that comment to be honest lol

Oh and I remember the time Jesper left the blog because of you and everyone blamed me. It was a disgrace.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:01 PM

geordie viking,
    It’s been like this for ten years, if you don’t like it you can pop over to .co.uk where Troy, Kim and TDSarf can post uninterrupted on the same thread for days at a time, just don’t mention Pardew, Ashley or anything controversial.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:02 PM

Has anybody got any links to about ten minutes of highlights please?

• manxpie

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:02 PM

Geordieviking get back to your pillaging it’s all about getting points out and has been going on for years have a look at other nufc blogs with a post a week if ya lucky

• Chancel be a fine thing

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:02 PM

If Arsenal beat chelsea by 2 goals tommorrow, we go 3rd.

• Belfast

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:03 PM

There was a couple of people on here tipping them for promotion if I remember right. He was tipping them for promotion himself to be fair.

• manxpie

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:04 PM

Lol yeah that might of been me tbf Belfast but also just tbf you did start the breeze block challenge 🙂

• Chancel be a fine thing

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:07 PM

only 2min54 though, but full match later

• geordieviking

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:08 PM

Further to the Joselu arguments, I suggest that people familiarise themselves with the statistics for 1959/60 & 60/61 (the latter was one of our highest scoring seasons ever, but we got relegated.
    The difference was George Eastham. 59/60 Eastham and White together could score enough goals and could also hold the ball to ride a game out. 60/61, without Eastham, we had no goalscoring problems but couldn’t control a game.

• manxpie

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:09 PM

They sacked a manager that was doing so well in gary rowett for zola then sacked him for melty face lol shambles

• toon22

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:11 PM

How many decisions went against us against us again today?
    Obvious pen . Nope
    Shoulder charge Nope
    There players doing just about whatever .. Nope

Do you thinks refs are trying not to be swayed by the crowd so much they actually give everything to the other team??

• geordieviking

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:12 PM

Manxpie @11

?

Unfortunately my pillaging days are long past. Can’t even take my turn at the longship oars any more.

• geordieviking

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:15 PM

Btw that ? Started as an emojii.

• manxpie

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:16 PM

Oh dear geordieviking thats sad probably brexit kicking in

• Mister Tuff

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:18 PM

manx – saw Lascelles arguing with the ref -but I must say never thought it was linked to his run in. So cannot see it as a ploy for his run, or indeed to cause a bit of confusion amongst the defenders. But that is only my opinion.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:20 PM

Evening Senor Tuff…I am fine mate how about you?

Left you a post earlier…just wanted to apologise if you got dragged into a spat! Was not my intention!

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:26 PM

Chancel,
    Cheers but Ed has already posted those, I was hoping for about ten minutes or at least the highlights, MotD is on a bit late for me, if I knew we were first game I’d stay up, but we never are unless playing the top four, oh hang on a minute….. 😀

• magpie6699

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:28 PM

Very glad we beat Stoke. I loathe them. Their manager has them trained in”professional” stuff. Watch them gain 10 yards at throw-ins and 5 at free-kicks, get away with nudges and pushes in the back and pulling back – don’t know how the ref could miss at least 3 of those. As for Harry Enfield, the fat Swiss git should have been booked for diving, protesting, simulation etc

• magspuggy

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:39 PM

We made that a wee bit harder than it needed to be imho should have been sorted by half time. Another 3 points bagged and on we go. Perez tried his heart out today and it really showed. Ritchie and the capt worked great together dunno what the scrap in training was over but they play great together. Josulu should have got at least one today and my 5-1 was possible and someones gonna get a right tonking of us soon enough. Hwtl

• manxpie

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:41 PM

Tuff it was in jest fella
    It obviously wasn’t it just seemed to work quite well

• Bobbybee

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:45 PM

Another very good performance today. Haven’t checked the posts during the game, but surely nobody could have been unhappy with that?
    Only downer was the goal, which could’ve been prevented imo but hey, Tbf we should’ve been out of sight before that.
    Joselu had a great game, but if anything he was trying too hard to prove a point against the club that let him go. Trying too hard I can live with ahead of not trying enough all day, every day.
    Difficult to pick a player who didn’t play well, so it would be churlish to even try. From back to front I witnessed a very tight knit bunch of lads all running their socks off for each other, the gaffer and the fans. Regardless of where we finish, if they keep that up I will have no complaints at all, all season.
    If we’d won that by three or goals I don’t think Stoke could have complained. If Joselu keeps getting into those positions then the goals will come. Like I say, tried maybe too hard to prove a point, nothing more.
    Ritchie and Yedders picked up where they left off before his injury. They’ll cause many defences big problems this season.
    Mbemba looking to make that left back spot his own at this rate.
    Loved the half time entertainment. For those who missed it, before the bairns took their kicks the announcer said: ‘we’ very got some lost property to announce. Has anybody lost a pair of swimming trunks? They look like the ones they use in diving competitions. Oh no, wait on, they’ve been claimed. Appears they belong to Shaquiri!’ Belter.
    Atsu tormented their right back all game and snuck in to nick his goal superbly.
    Merino increased his value yet again with another composed performance.
    The goal aside, the back four were excellent and of course Lascelles came up with the winner again.
    The ref? Least said the better. Pants.
    Tactics from the master were once again spot on. Looks like by the time teams stop underestimating us and calling us a Championship team, we’ll be safe. 🙂
    All in all loved today. The fans are back on form as well, unlike Stoke’s, who despite getting free travel laid on only managed to sell less than half their allocation. Sang when they scored, pitiful the rest of the time. The Geordies are back!!!!

• Tsunki

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:59 PM

Sadly the unwashed managed a point today so their fans will be ecstatic. Both of them.

• Mister Tuff

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:06 PM

manx – a joke – I see. Always an element of doubt on here these days whether things are made in jest or otherwise.

Manx -fine – bloody missus is giving me ear ache about what to do for next years holidays.

• hibbit

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:06 PM

Bobby
    if you want a laugh read through them some absolute classics and 3/4 lunatics on there this afternoon,

comedy gold

• Mister Tuff

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:07 PM

last sentence should be adressed to Jesper.

• Tsunki

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:07 PM

I fully expect Catchy to come on and explain how Lascelles is still championship quality and unfit to be captain. Should be good.

• carl

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:10 PM

Jesper
    Let me get this straight. Toon fans are elated with today’s great victory. Jesper falls asleep and misses the game but still feels he’s capable of expressing an opinion and levelling criticism at those that were at the game.

My personal view – Jesper – You’re ignorant of your own ignorance on all things football related. Can’t you find another site or group that have the capacity for muddling through and without the need for you to possess any specific knowledge. Flower arranging can be immensely rewarding.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:10 PM

A thing that seems to have went unnoticed is Lascalles passing in recent games has been of a high standard!!

Him and Clark are a million miles away from Colo pulling out of challenges and Taylor being all over the place we seem to be able to deal with pace and aerial threats quite well

Stoke looked fairly average for the money they have spent or was it just us playing well?

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:12 PM

Personally I think the way football focus bigged him up today (Lascelles) he is obviously getting attention, I think we may have a World Cup CB on our books by June.