Newcastle Fans Have Their Say On The Stoke City Game Today

Newcastle have a very good chance to get our third win in a row and dare we say it – we are even confident that we can beat Stoke City today.

But these Premier League games are very close.

Last week we beat Swansea 1-0 and a few weeks before that we lost 1-0 at Huddersfield and in both games there seemed to be very little between the teams.

It was a case of who took their chances on the day.

Newcastle fans

A win today will see Newcastle fans celebrate big time and we can even start talking about all that daft stuff about winning the league and the FA Cup.

Cannot wait.

🙂

It will be the first time we have won three PL games in a row for almost four years by our reckoning since we won all four league games in November of 2013.

Here are tweets from Newcastle fans about the important game today.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Stoke City?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• toontaff2

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:28 AM

Jester, it’s none of my business why you didn’t post for our Championship winning season – just as it’s none of your business who I am but you came up with some childish conspiracy theory about me being various other bloggers, whilst trying to get your lemon crew to join in – come and help me senior Tuff – Jesus wept, grow up, you childish tosser.
    Lemon crew fits – sour, miserable and boing!

• AncientC

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:31 AM

What I find puzzling is the loss of faith in Shelvey. The guy was an absolute beast for Newcastle last season.

Merino has done quite well when called upon, for 2 games, but if you think he is close to Shelvey’s level… you have got to be kidding. Merino and Shelvey are different styles of player’s anyway – difficult to compare.

Shelvey is still the best player in the squad with Ritchie not far behind.

• WLtoon

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:33 AM

Would,nt be surprised if this is a 0-0. Both sides are good defensively but are,nt high scoring. For once i agree with Merson, i think a draw is how it will end up. Would be great if we could make it 3 on the bounce though.

• Ron Knee

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:43 AM

Ancient

It’s Shelvey’s temperament that lets him down, not his talent.

• Billy Whitehursts V sign

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:49 AM

Match day and we are suffering the worst fight in history. Not a blow landed or a stinging quip between them; pointless nonsense.

I, on the otherhand, am pretty excited at the prospect of a football match. Shows how much I missed the PL when I am excited by Stoke City. Should be a good, hard tight game. We win 2-1 ( umless they have 2 sent off and we win 5-1!!)

• Mag52

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:50 AM

Ancient.

What loss of faith ?
    Shelvey was a silly boy. He got himself sent of unnecessarily and missed three games.
    His replacement was in a winning side and didn’t deserve being benched.
    Shelvey’ll be back, but he certainly has no divine right to the position.

• toontaff2

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:55 AM

As for my tourettes, I was of the impression calling someone a tosser was on the approved list? Not sure a ‘pisship’ or ‘piss-stear’.
    I’m glad you’re still ‘pissing your arse off’ at my explanation of my username. I was of the impression you did not do humour!
    Sure Blog historians can confirm it, Toontaff was not allowed when I joined, so added a 2. Assumed Toontaff must be a blogger – I was trolled, last season, by him, when I slated Mitro! Not sure he was the original, like.

• Lindisfarne

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:55 AM

Asked whether he was making plans to restock the squad in January, Benítez demurred. “At the moment I’m just making plans for Stoke, that’s it,” he said. “But for the moment I’m quite positive. We’ve won our last two games and we can improve.

“It won’t be easy. There’s no chance of that. If you think we’re going to win 10 games in a row, it’s not going to be like this but I’m very pragmatic. There’s a time to fight and before [the window closed] I was fighting to improve my team in the way we have to improve. But now it’s a time to help this team by improving my players. I must improve every single player here.”

Although aware he is very much admired by West Ham United, Benítez has clearly been moved by the torrent of “get well” messages that have poured in from adoring Newcastle fans. “There were a lot,” he said. “My commitment was already 100% and it still is but, if it was possible to say 101%, then it is now 101%.”

• AncientC

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:55 AM

Mag52, “what loss of faith” in Shelvey? You mean you have not seen people that are all too willing to say Merino is better than Shelvey. Seems somewhat flippant to me.

Merino has done a fine job, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves here.

• toontaff2

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:56 AM

BTW, apologies for ruining the Blog – will stick to football!
    Think Shelvey will be our first choice, sooner rather than later.

• ShirebrookToon

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:01 AM

Can never sleep the night before a match. Time to hit the road soon. Cathedral on the hill is calling

HWTL!!

• toontaff2

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:05 AM

Bit colder here, today, Shire – maybe not shorts and shades!

• Munster Mag

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:06 AM

I see smart guys like rafa have far more respect for stoke and Hughes than some of the tools on this site who think football is either barca or Harry Bassett

• dig-n-dig22

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:07 AM

I watched the Stoke v Arsenal and WBA v stoke games. No Sanchez for Arsenal cost them 3pts, both teams looked rank average in the West Brom Stoke game, hence the West Brom mauling at Brighton, we can take stoke today but we must take our chances against Butland. We need to be sharp around the box Dwite Gayle fits that bill.

• Billy Whitehursts V sign

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:08 AM

On Shelvey, not certain “loss of faith” is quite right? Would say more the excitement that “potentially” we have real quality competition for him. Merino looks a good player but it is early days. That said he has, in my opinion, done enough to keep his place. Rafa hinted yesterday that it’s one or the other and not both so Shelvey on the bench. Nice position for the manager to be in!

Just remember with Shelvey he could be used as a barometer for us as a club? He couldnt make it at Liverpool, wasnt deemed good enough to start in a poor Swansea team. He remains one of our better players; we have a long way to go!

• ShirebrookToon

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:11 AM

Toontaff
    Cheers mate. I’ll put the flip flops and shorts back 😆

• Jib

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:12 AM

The ref is newly promoted from the Championship – Stuart Attwell
    Pity it’s not Martin Atkinson
    😀

• TudorCrisps

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:13 AM

I’d play Shelley today and I think Rafa will too, I’d like to see Perez dropped and merino play in the number ten slot I think he would be amazing there.

• Lindisfarne

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:13 AM

Continuing my contention that the match will decided on the flanks, here are a couple of quotes from https://www.footballfancast.com/image-gallery/key-battles-newcastle-united-vs-stoke-city
    The writer does not realise that Joselu would not have played much with the new players at Stoke.

Matt Ritchie vs Eric Pieters
    While it clearly isn’t going to be as simple to create and score goals at this level, the 28-year-old Ritchie has already set up two of the four top flight goals that Newcastle have netted this season. It will be an interesting battle against Pieters, who has been playing as a left wing-back this term to showcase both his defensive and attacking abilities. As well as attacking the Dutchman down the right-hand side, Ritchie will also have to be aware of tracking his opponent too.

Javier Manquillo vs Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting
    The former Sunderland man has played every minute of their Premier League campaign so far and helped them keep those successive clean sheets, but he may have a battle on his hands when he comes up against Choupo-Moting who will be full of confidence for the trip to Tyneside on Saturday. Often favouring the left, even if Choupo-Moting starts as the central striker he’ll likely drift into Manquillo’s channel – where his height and power could be the difference against the Spaniard.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:14 AM

Speaking of boring the shit out of other people toontaff the second of boring-vile!

…do we have to charge you and hourly rate to read your trident nonsense…

People don’t care how you feel about me…do a newsletter people can subscribe to if they want another Tourette inspired waterfall

• Jib

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:15 AM

I think Rafa will trade Shelvey for an upgrade in January
    He’ll get a few away games down South and encouraged to play out of his skin to get a good move to Watford , Bournemouth or West Ham.

• toontaff2

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:17 AM

😆

• Bobbybee

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:23 AM

Happy match day bloggers. Looking forward to SJP today, should be everybody onside and screaming the lads on. Very tough game, but with confidence high definitely one we can win.
    Seems Stoke haven’t sold out. My brother bought a ticket yesterday – on of a few still left around the, ground – but we’ve put another thousand on sale for Level 7, which must’ve been returned by Stoke.
    Mind you, can’t say I’d travel far to watch them either! 🙂

• jimmysmith

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:24 AM

Writing’s on the wall for Jack, in Capitals. As it is for Gayle, Neither will be with us next term. It’s not much good throwing wobblies. Diame another whose time is coming. Best to get your agent to crack on, once you get that feeling. Colback should have gone. He’d be useful for a number of good solid clubs. Pointless sticking around.

• toontaff2

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:27 AM

Not heard many ‘tools’ predicting a comfortable victory v Stoke, other than some idiot who keeps predicting 5-1!

• toontaff2

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:28 AM

That’ll be 2 pence!

• Billy Whitehursts V sign

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:30 AM

Lindisfarne, I tend to agree, probably the only place on the pitch today where there will be any space to play. Who uses it best will win. If we can regularly find Atsu and Ritchie we will have a real chance.

• one fine day

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:32 AM

Sing / Bobby
    Enjoy lads
    Hoping hoosaloo is up for this 2.1 for me
    Hwtf
    Hwtf

• toontaff2

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:33 AM

Bobby, think Stoke sent quite a few back, but still didn’t sell their allocation.
    ‘Stoke fans buy less than half the available tickets for Newcastle match despite free travel’ -in The Mag! Out of 3,200 only 1450 had been bought by Wednesday.

• Bobbybee

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:35 AM

Toontaff, I’ve gone 2-1 on my super six, but can’t remember ever predicting a loss for us anyway. 🙂 Biased? Abso-bloody-lutely. I might one day, but damned if it would be against Stoke!
    Joselu has had equal high shots on target, along with Kane and a couple of others, but with less minutes played. Just need a couple to go in today. If Stoke are like us, you can almost guarantee that a former striker will score. Fingers crossed.

• one fine day

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:36 AM

Toontaff2
    So it’s confirmed Stoke are the polar opposite of FC KOLN

• Lindisfarne

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:38 AM

Jose – a – lu lu lu, strike the ball, like a turbo-jet
    Jose – a – lu lu lu, smash the ball, in the net
    To the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees
    Come and dance every night, sing with a Spanish melody

• Mister Tuff

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:42 AM

See Ritchie is saying that on Wednesday night – at quarter to nine -there was a knock on his door. It was the drug testers and he had to give a urine sample. He had to drink some beer to get things moving.

Got me thinking as to how the drug testers choose who to test. Ritchie is super fit and can run all day – is this the reason he was selected.
    Always thought the tests were random – but starting to have doubts now.

• Bobbybee

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:43 AM

Cheers OFD, do my best to enjoy it 🙂
    Toontaff, if we were given free travel we’d sell 52k seats anywhere in the country! 🙂 Seriously though, that’s shocking innit? Like I say though, not sure I’d travel too far to watch them either. They’re not great on the eye after all.
    Stoke are no mugs though and today will be a test for us. Need to atop the supply coming in to the strikers, rather than rely on stopping them scoring. (if that makes sense).

• hibbit

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:47 AM

off to the toon a bite to eat then off to the game have a good day one and all

good luck toon army

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:49 AM

Jimmy…there is not much to do now about both Jack and Dwight other than to carry on…January will be new opportunity!

• Bobbybee

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:55 AM

Finished 97th worldwide last season on the super six, out of about a million players. Doubt I’ll ever better that. In true form I’ve started out rubbish this season 🙂 Seem to do well one season, then crap the next.
    Always manage to get all six results right three or four times a season though – not the scores – so have a fiver acca every week as well. Only need to get it right once and you cover the season’s outlay and the other times become pure profit. Makes watching the results more fun as well. 🙂

• Bobbybee

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:59 AM

I remember Carry On Jack. Was Sid James in that one? Not sure. Can’t recall Carry On Dwight though, that’s a new one on me. 🙂

• pablos left foot

Sep 16, 2017 at 11:14 AM

Feeling confident today, just beware the lanky beanpole!
    3-0. HWTL!!!

• Jack Root

Sep 16, 2017 at 11:15 AM

Lindisfarne
    You’re usually a reliable source of information but not when you quote me as having said FA cup winners get £20 million. I made no such comment. Kindly check your source.