Rafa Benitez Not Interested In The Premier League Table

Rafa’s mantra in football is to take one game at a time and that’s what he did last year in steering Newcastle to finish as Champions of the Championship and automatic promotion.

Obviously, he wants to do the same thing in the Premier League and after losing our first two league games we have won the last three and have 9 points from our first five games.

Newcastle are in 4th position in the Premier League at the time of writing.

Jamaal Lascelles after scoring winner this afternoon

But there are teams below us who still have to play this weekend.

Rafa was calm and collected after the game today and said he wasn’t interested in the Premier League table.

Rafa had this to say after the 2-1 win at home to Stoke today:

“I haven’t seen the table and I don’t want to see the table, believe me.

“I said one game at a time, and now is to be sure the fans enjoy.”

“We have to enjoy but we have to be sure the next training session we will start correcting things and improving things and doing things the way we are at the moment.”

“We knew before the game it was a difficult game,”

“We have to approach the game with the mentality we did; working very hard.”

“We wanted to be strong in defense and create something in attack. It was not easy sometimes because they are a good team.”

“We had chances to finish the game early and they had a chance. That is football.”

“We have to learn in the Premier League you cannot make too many mistakes or you will pay for that.”

“At the same time, when you are winning, you can correct things and it will be easier for me to pass on the message.”

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player Against Stoke?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• manxpie

Sep 16, 2017 at 7:12 PM

manxpie

Sep 16, 2017 at 7:11 PM

Yeah Charlie unfortunately it was a lucky good challenge so no penalty but always happens against us lol
    Jesper I’ve been on here for years through thick and thin fella and every way I possibly can I listen to or watch the team you how ever don’t and then still think your opinion on a game means much hahahaha

• manxpie

Sep 16, 2017 at 7:18 PM

Jesper you even made an argument with the most genuine and debatable poster in ww who seems to have held of since! And you have the audacity to call out other posters for ruining the blog!

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 16, 2017 at 7:19 PM

I hope those missed chances don’t affect Joselus confidence, hopefully as long as we keep creating chances he’ll start putting them away.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Sep 16, 2017 at 7:19 PM

Yeah Manx…I think my opinion matters! What I don’t think matters is why I left the blog for a year…

…what matters is what one does with his time on here not how often he’s here! I do rate your contribution by that…sadly for you Manx dear old pal! Now, I was actually having a nice friendly conversation with fellow bloggers and along came you!

Did you get what you needed?

• JackBall

Sep 16, 2017 at 7:22 PM

Tot draw. Top 4 for a week.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Sep 16, 2017 at 7:22 PM

Would definitely be great if we could get our forwards scoring…will be vital in the end!

Goals from our CB is a bonus no doubt. Can’t remember the last time we had a goal scoring CB

• manxpie

Sep 16, 2017 at 7:30 PM

No it’s your own posts jesper you know the snide ones that triggered me into responding the way I did just to let ya know that people don’t forget
    And by the way you didn’t watch the games on the most part last time you were on remember?
    That’s why you got shit for your opinions last time too
    So how about less of the snide remarks and just put your opinion you have of an app!!! Instead?

• Expat MAG

Sep 17, 2017 at 9:15 AM

Joselu missed several easy chances but got into the position to set up the chance. On another day he will score…..HWTL