Rafa Reveals Why His Daughter Was Laughing At Him During The Newcastle Telecast

Rafa Benitez has explained in his own words how he coped last week and especially how he watched the game on TV last Sunday helped by one of his teenage daughters.

It seems like right until the last minute the plan was to fly Rafa down to Swansea via Mike Ashley’s helicopter, but Rafa was not feeling well and was nauseous.

Rafa made the decision it just wouldn’t work and then set about watching the game on TV, and he talked to the players both before and after the match.

He also apparently got emotional when Jamaal Lascelles scored with that great header with just 14 minutes to play.

We would have loved to have seen that!

Rafa Benitez – wonder if he wore his suit for the game – nah

Of course, 3 minutes into the game and Rafa lost reception.

But his daughter quickly checked the next room, and the TV was working there, so they quickly switched rooms

It’s called Murphy’s Law – if something can go wrong, it will and at the worst possible time.

Such is life.

🙂

This is Rafa explaining what happened last Sunday as reported today in the Northern Echo:

“I was talking to Lee Charnley during the morning because Mike offered the helicopter and we were preparing everything just in case,”

“Then I was talking to the pilot and asking him how windy it would be. Antonio was saying, ‘Oh, it’s very windy here’.”

“Everything was prepared and everyone was doing their part to be sure I could cope. Everything was arranged, but little by little, I was a bit more sick.”

“I said, ‘If I go, with the helicopter, and then the car, and then one hour in the stadium, and then I feel sick, there will be a problem more than a solution. So I said, ‘Forget about that’.”

“So the decision was made to stay at home. My daughter was helping, and the television was ready.”

“But then there was a storm and, all of a sudden, it was like, ‘Woah’. There was a storm, and all of a sudden, the Sky was not working.”

“It was three or four minutes into the game, and things just went blank.”

“Luckily, my daughter went into the other room to see if the other television was working, and it was.”

“I couldn’t really move, but I was cheering,” “I was writing things down, but I couldn’t really move.”

“To be fair, it is more difficult like that than when you are there.”

“When you are down there in the dugout, you go out and move around, and shout and say silly things.”

“I had to be careful.”

“My daughter was laughing, she was telling me one time to calm down when we were counter-attacking.”

“I was in contact with Antonio right through the week.”

“I was in contact all the time. I knew about every training session and we were analyzing the sessions before and after.”

“I was watching some games, and as we got closer to the game, I was more in contact with Antonio, Mikel Antia and Paco about everything.”

“It worked well, but the worst thing for me was when Antonio went into the dressing room because I couldn’t be in contact with him then.”

“It was only then that we did not have communication.”

Rafa did speak with the players by speaker phone after the game – we would have loved to have heard what he told the lads on such a great win and excellent performance.

We need the same thing today against Stoke City.

Howay The Lads!!

• Ron Knee

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:50 AM

“In fact, during the final days of the window – after Colback had failed to agree moves to Wolverhampton Wanderers, Birmingham City or Hull City – Benitez stressed to the ex-Sunderland midfielder that he would continue to train with the Under-23s if he remained on Tyneside past the end of August.” (Chronic)

• hibbit

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:54 AM

toontaff2 @18
    £8k they offered him £12k to stay he joined us on a free for £35k on 5 year contract

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:56 AM

You are most certainly a piss-stear toontaff the second of pissville

…is there anything people can talk about your pissship?

• Ron Knee

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:56 AM

hibbit

Tough choice for Colback to make!

• toontaff2

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:57 AM

Doesn’t Rafa’ daughter have a scouse accent?
    ” Eh! Eh! Alright! Alright! Calm down! Calm down!”

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:58 AM

Morning Ron…will you be watching the game today? Massive gave if you ask me. I won’t make it today…family trip. The family is seeing Ellie for the first time

It’s funny how a certain blogger is always trying to build him self up by tearing others down.

• toontaff2

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:59 AM

Jester: ” Eh! Eh! Alright! Alright! Calm down! Calm down!”

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:59 AM

*gave = game 🙂

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:02 AM

Imagine coming on here everyday and having to build Ines confidence up like you do…most be a burden (self confidence is a bitch is it not your pissship)

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:03 AM

Ines = ones

• Ron Knee

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:04 AM

Morning, jesper

I’ll be watching with fingers and toes crossed!

• toontaff2

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:06 AM

Isn’t it strange certain bloggers want to get others to join their gang?
    Often the same ones have conspiracy theories of multiple ID’s etc.
    Jester, I just find your posts boring and daft. So much so, that you invite sarcasm.
    You post more than anyone else, though not at all, during our Championship season.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:12 AM

Senor Tuff did warn did place had turned to the worse over the past year…

…guess we know why now! What an id***!

• AncientC

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:12 AM

I see Nigel Farage has a hangover… and is letting the world know about it. From Liverpool right through to Denmark.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:12 AM

Ron…let’s hope we get it right today

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:15 AM

You know your pissship as I told Jeff it’s non of your business why I didn’t post for a year!

• toontaff2

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:16 AM

Guess ‘Senior Tuff’ is part of Jester’s little gang? Grow up, you tosser!

• toontaff2

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:18 AM

Jeremy, I’m sure I’m not the only Brexiteer, but prefer Nigel to Jeremy, myself.
    No hangover.
    Just standing my ground, not putting up with an ahole like Jester.

• toontaff2

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:21 AM

BTW, Jester is Jeff? Is he one of your fantasy bloggers, like this Toontaff1?

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:21 AM

Your pissship you need to get your Tourettes in order…it’s distroying this place for everyone else…

• AncientC

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:23 AM

toontaff2, I have to admit, I have enjoyed some of Farage’s speeches at the EU parliament; although not a Brexiteer myself. He has put Juncker & co in their place once or twice lol.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:26 AM

I still laugh my arse off when I think about your response to why you call yourself toontaff the second…someone else was using toontaff… lol

Sure, then we need another toontaff. That’s logical. What an id***

• toontaff2

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:34 AM

Jeremy, I admire your passion for JC, though I don’t share your beliefs. I’d better watch my tourettes, though 😆

• murvar

Sep 16, 2017 at 11:26 AM

Murphy’s Law?
    I call it Harrison’s Law.
    Yours sincerely