This Could Be Rafa’s Starting Eleven For Brighton

After such a good performance from the side last Saturday in the 2-1 home win against Stoke City we don’t expect many changes if any, tomorrow at Brighton & Hove Albion.

Joselu missed a few chances last week, but we expect him to keep his position in the side.

Rafa could try Mikel Merino and Jojo Shelvey in central midfield together with Mikel being in the holding midfield position, and at some point, Rafa will have to try the combination.

But for tomorrow we think Isaac Hayden will continue to partner Mikel with Jonjo still on the bench.

Isaac Hayden in action at Huddersfield

The back four players played well last week and should be unchanged with Florian Lejeune still surprisingly receiving treatment for that ankle injury he received from that wild lunge from Spurs’ Harry Kane in the first game of the season.

It will be interesting to see if Lejeune is on the bench tomorrow and Karl Darlow is now fully fit so we will see if Rafa keeps young Freddie Woodman as the backup goalkeeper.

It’s good experience for Freddie to be involved in the first team games since he did not go out on loan in August.

This is the unchanged team we think Rafa will start tomorrow at the Amex Stadium.

Elliot
Yedlin Lascelles (c) Clark Mbemba
Hayden Merino
Ritchie Perez Atsu
Joselu

What’s your team for tomorrow?

How Will Newcastle Fare At Brighton?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 23, 2017 at 9:29 AM

A few years ago a poster called Hail Wor Ashley had a particularly nasty dig at Bobbybees disability, a few posts down the line I had a go at the post and said it was bang out if order. Bobbybee has never apologised to me, on the contrary he has actually still brought it up despite me pasting the said posts. Unfortunately, posters like magscar and Slank will only see the posts where I wrongly poked fun at his disability and forever a picture is painted.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 23, 2017 at 9:34 AM

*Where I was wrongly accused

• Jib

Sep 23, 2017 at 9:43 AM

Jail for As
    “where I wrongly poked fun at his disability ”

Freudian slip?

• Munster Mag

Sep 23, 2017 at 9:44 AM

Jib I was wondering what happened to u

• giimps

Sep 23, 2017 at 9:50 AM

The good and bad thing about life and the blog is that most things are now proveable, whether the matter is proven or just accused, the evidence is usually ( always) available on blogs.
    If however ,some only see the accusation and not the undeniable proven truth, then mud sticks, whether thrown at the right person or not.
    I have not posted for a while but have been reading, my opinion is ,without naming anyone or wanting to get into something I have deliberately avoided ……it’s just a blog, a good blog, probably the best blog for nufc fans , we all want the same thing……..if someone says something derogatory,so what, they don’t know you, you don’t know them, there is no interaction other than the odd few who know each other away from the blog ( the exception rather than the rule) it should be a place to voice opinions good or bad, discuss football and whatever else (but mainly nufc) there is no right way to support our club and no divine right for on either supporter to feel superior or inferior, on the blog, we are all just 1s and zeros…….imho

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 23, 2017 at 10:03 AM

Not at all Jib, never been my style.

• toontaff2

Sep 23, 2017 at 10:06 AM

Too true, Giimps!
    But some do take themselves far too seriously on here!
    My Danish pal and my ethnic chum wised me up to some weird theories doing the rounds on here, whilst I normally manage to avoid the ‘human centipede’ and the like!

• RUNAWAY777

Sep 23, 2017 at 11:45 AM

You well toontaff2 hope for a win tomorrow bro

• Pigott93

Sep 23, 2017 at 12:11 PM

Personally I would like to see a 3 man midfield of Hayden, Merino and Shelvey with Shelvey playing the number 10 role instead of Perez. Feel like jonjo would be a good link between midfield and the top three and he can strike a ball when given a chance