Chris Hughton – Brighton Can Do This Against Newcastle

Newcastle were the only side to do the double over Brighton last season, and it would be good if we can do that again in the Premier League starting this afternoon at the Amex.

Those two games last season were not easy and today’s game is also not expected to be easy either.

Chris Hughton has done a great job in just over two and a half years, and when he arrived, the Seagulls were fighting relegation from the Championship.

Chris kept them up and then they finished third in the next season on goal difference ( 2 goals) to Middlesbrough who were promoted last year and then relegated last May.

Chris Highton – we can get a result against Newcastle

Then Brighton were automatically promoted with Newcastle last season – the two best teams in the Championship.

This is what Chris has said before today’s game between two of the promoted sides from last season:

“My remit is to make sure we are a Premier League team next season, and all my focus and goals have always been on the job I’m doing at that time. That’s my goal and focus.”

“So no, I’ve never felt I have a point to prove. What I’ve always felt is that I want to be managing at the top level, either taking the team there or having a job there.”

“We want to be a consistent Premier League club over the years and we certainly know the difficulties in this division, but it has to be in the division next season.”

“Would we settle for 17th? We never like to speak that way because we don’t know what the season holds, and some fare better than others.”

“We’ve given the club a good opportunity to grow and develop. It has certainly been a learning curve for us.”

“The pleasing thing is that we feel like we’ve been in the five games we’ve had so far and we’ve had good contributions in all five games.”

“We know Newcastle well from last season, for us it’s a home game, and in this division there are a group of teams that you know it’s very difficult to get a result against.”

“Then there is also a very big group of teams you feel you can get results from, and Newcastle come into that category.”

“I don’t think it’s detrimental to say that, because plenty will say that about us.”

Newcastle would say the same thing about Brighton – they are one of about 14 teams that we should be able to beat both home and away.

Newcastle have already won against three of those sides – West Ham, Swansea, and Stoke over the last three games.

It’s the top six sides – the two Manchester clubs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham who are difficult to beat.

We hope we can get four wins in a row this afternoon at the Amex stadium and that would be the first time we have done that since we won all of our four league games in November 2013.

Howay The Lads!!

How Will Newcastle Fare At Brighton?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• sparky55

Sep 24, 2017 at 1:45 PM

I think we’ll do ’em easy today…by at least two goals with Perez, Ritchie and Joselu all scoring just to make a point to our lovely intelligent friend Jenas

• YoungMag :P

Sep 24, 2017 at 1:47 PM

‘on that assumption, the welsh are all bellends and all men from Nottingham are homosexual. which is not true. maybe only1% the other 99% are normal, and think normal’

So am I not ‘normal’? Gee thanks.

• SUTTY1978

Sep 24, 2017 at 1:51 PM

I think whoever scores first wins today. We don’t start playing until 20 minutes in. If they score in that first 20 mins they will defend the lead. If they don’t then we’ll come into the game and nick one. Will be a tight game either way.
    My biggest gripe with Benitez is his inaction when we are behind, still don’t get a sub until 75 minutes even if we’re 2-0 down!
    Anyway, keep them out for the first 20 mins and we’re away.

• Toonces

Sep 24, 2017 at 1:53 PM

Jack…

Not righting Perez off yet at all. Only thing holding him back from taking the next step is what’s between his ears. And certainly hoping he figures it out – and I think he will with Benitez working with him. I think the same for Mitro and Mbemba as well.

• DubaiMicky

Sep 24, 2017 at 1:53 PM

Nervy first 20, get more confidence, 0:0 half time, having had the better half, Joselu scores then The Captain nods one in on the 75th minute to give us a 0:2 win.

• sparky55

Sep 24, 2017 at 1:53 PM

the big question being…WTF is normal???

Maybe we should leave that to the likes of Stephen Hawking and Darwin to work out…not for your average punter who contributes on here…might just outside our skill set.

• Ibizatoon

Sep 24, 2017 at 1:54 PM

Whatever normal is, I want no part in it!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Sep 24, 2017 at 1:55 PM

Back at my computer…just had to help a few baby whales who were stranded at the beach getting back in the water! But hi I am no super dad like Jail…

Betsy…I don’t really want to engage you and personally I don’t really get why it’s any of your business. Take a look at the post lesh made I think it was directed at you as well…I just wanna say you are true inspiration to all of us. Thank god the blog is blessed with your presence.

Ibiza…I hope one day I’ll be worthy!

To everyone else…I am truly sorry you have to witness what has just transpired. It really shouldn’t have to be an issue on here how my life is constructed…back to talking football!

Ron…I hope you’ll have a link for me later pal

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Sep 24, 2017 at 1:55 PM

Legolas…yeah I wasn’t sure what soft play was 🙂 but a quick google sorted that out!

• sparky55

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:00 PM

Ibiza

I agree being normal is probably not in the general DNA make-up of your average toon supporter…But not sure I want to fall into the abyss of the multiple contributor either…maybe left field is good and planet Zarg is a step in the wrong direction 🙂

• Ibizatoon