Newcastle Fans Expect This Result At Brighton This Afternoon

It could be that we have won three games in a row and played very well why Newcastle fans are confident of getting a win at Brighton this afternoon.

More than three in five fans think we can win this game today and get four Premier League wins in a row.

That would be fantastic if we can do that and we would stay 4th top of the league for the second week running.

Then our fans would have another great week talking about great we are doing!

Rafa Benitez with some Newcastle fans

It’s also a huge incentive for Rafa and the players to produce the goods this afternoon.

We hope they do just that.

Only 7% think we will lose this game.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Brighton?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Ibizatoon

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:01 PM

NUFC to qualify for the CL and Lascelles to end the season with the Golden Boot.

• Ibizatoon

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:04 PM

What’s really important is we don’t get too far ahead of ourselves…

• The blogger formally known as OP

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:05 PM

I’d love it just love it if Joselu and Perez got a hat trick each and we completely destroy Brighton just to shut some pudits up.

• Mister Tuff

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:05 PM

Ibiza – might see Lascelles getting illegaly blocked/shirt pulled. So opportunities there if the ref has some decent off the ball awareness.

• Ibizatoon

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:07 PM

Tuff…What I’d give for some off the ball awareness.

Wait, which website am I on?

You reckon we may get a penalty? It’ll probably be Lascelles who gets judged as committing the foul!

• Mister Tuff

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:08 PM

illegaly = illegally

• Mister Tuff

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:11 PM

Ibiza – the ref is that Andre Mariner – bit of a knacker.

• bettyswallocks

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:11 PM

I just think that Rafa’s tactical know how and ability to formulate a game plan to thwart the opposition will be too much for ordinary teams like Brighton. I’m really looking forward to the Liverpool match then we’ll see where we’re up to.

• sparky55

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:12 PM

Part of me worried this might be a banana skin, but me heart says 3-1 away win with 3 different goal scorers…

Not down there this year cos dislocated me knee cap last week…gutted but already got me tickets for Southampton and me mate has a box in Burnley so back on road and can’t wait 🙂 🙂

• Ibizatoon

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:12 PM

Betty…That and he has the team playing for each other / the shirt.

Anything is possible at the toon again. Honestly.

• YoungMag :P

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:13 PM

Okay. His comment still sounded homophobic. But whatever.

Cmon Newcastle, this is very winnable! Just showed the same level of fight and passion and I’m happy.

• sparky55

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:16 PM

Betty

Liverpool will prove to be our yardstick for sure.

12 points on the board by the end of September will be a great platform to achieve survival target of 38 points for sure.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:17 PM

It could end up being an intensive game I think…might not be that stupid to play for a penalty

• Ibizatoon

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:18 PM

YoungMag…It did and it wasn’t my intention, nor do I believe anyone else who commented intention, to suggest otherwise.

• YoungMag :P

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:19 PM

We should just play like we have been, since this way we are competing. I hope we set up with the same team.

• bettyswallocks

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:20 PM

Ibiza…….You quite rightly point out that anything is possible now but you forgot to mention that if we get beat today it will be Ashley’s fault.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:20 PM

I think it’s difficult to predict a score, but I hope we’ll keep another clean sheet today and just nick a goal. I don’t think it’ll be a high scoring game…

I would love for Perez to get on the score board or even Hoosy Loo. We need our forwards to start scoring, but wouldn’t it be classic if Richie made another terrific assist to Lascelles 🙂

• YoungMag :P

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:20 PM

I know ibiza 🙂

You guys just made an innocent joke about it, thats fine.

• Ibizatoon

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:22 PM

Betty…Anything is possible. Even that if we lose it’ll be Ashleys fault, but it’s not a given.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:23 PM

Senor Tuff…Andre Mariner does like to hand out yellow cards if I am not mistaken…

• The blogger formally known as OP

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:24 PM

If ts 0-0 after 90mins and we get a pen, Lascalles should take it!

• Ibizatoon

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:24 PM

YoungMag…I wasn’t even joking. Who’d want to be normal and as Sparky points out, who decides what normal is?

Honestly, it was in defense and was meant to belittle the original comment. Who made it btw?

• magspuggy

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:25 PM

I am going to go for a toon win today and i still think we will win by four goals but sadly will let one in. If only i could find the right box to tick my bet would be placed by now. I knew i should have took my notice in geography lessons at school but they were playing football outside the window.

• Ibizatoon

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:25 PM

Says shrub head! Nice photo btw OP 🙂

• YoungMag :P

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:26 PM

Ahh I see. Catchy made it. Im more saddened that a few people agreed with him tbh.

• Ron Knee

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:27 PM

From NUFC Twitter:

MATCH OFFICIALS: Andre Marriner is the man with the cards at the American Express Community Stadium.

They like their little joke, apparently!

• sparky55

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:27 PM

Young mag…take some advice from old fart…don’t bite….and don’t get involved especially in other people’s squabbles that are tiresome at best.

• sparky55

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:28 PM

old fart being me of course!

• Ibizatoon

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:30 PM

YoungMag..They did? I’ll have to go back and look now

• YoungMag :P

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:31 PM

True sparky. However, catchy doesn’t usually make posts like that. So I was just suprised when I read it and a few people agreed with it. It’s no biggy, I just wish I didn’t read back that far lol.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:31 PM

Ron…will you have a link for me later mate?

• The blogger formally known as OP

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:32 PM

Ibiza

Cheers buddy, got the perm last week

• Ron Knee

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:33 PM

jesper

Match or replay?

• BenArfa the magician

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:34 PM

I think 1-1 today, Brighton were all over us in the same fixture last year but our class shone through at the end. This year they have bought well so expect an even harder game, any points away from home are good.

• The blogger formally known as OP

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:34 PM

Young mag

I agree with sparky, don’t get involved in other people’s arguments, have some of your own lad! It’s character building.

• Ibizatoon

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:35 PM

YoungMag…Just noticed the post that comment was in. Didn’t even read the full post at the time so missed his wonderful use of stats at the end to make an extremely clumsy point.

I can only really see me responding to it and it had nothing to do with that part of his post and was answering the “I’d love to know what blogs or which fans these pundits talk to to think we are going to finish 4th.”

You’ll have to check with Catchy whether he meant anything by it, but I don’t see a case for others agreeing with it.

• Ron Knee

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:36 PM

jesper

I expect this site will have the replay:

• Ibizatoon

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:37 PM

OP…It was good. You pull off the natural look. Suppose it’d be better if it covered more of your face, but it’s getting better.

• BenArfa the magician

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:37 PM

You can bet your life on Lascelles being well marked at corners today he’ll have 2 on him hopefully leave space for the mighty Clark to bang 1 in.

• The blogger formally known as OP

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:38 PM

Ibiza

It’ll grow better in the summer