Who Was Newcastle’s Best Player At Brighton?

Let us know who you think Newcastle’s best player was at the Amex Stadium this afternoon when Newcastle suffered their third league defeat of the season – we now have 3 wins and 3 defeats – we don’t like draws.

That means we have 9 points from the first six games of the season.

Hemed scores the winner on 51 minutes

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player At Brighton?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 24, 2017 at 7:01 PM

toon kk,
    Do you honestly think I’m going to dignify that question with an answer.
    OT,
    I keep talking about Mitro because people keep asking why he isn’t being given a chance.

• Our Toon

Sep 24, 2017 at 7:05 PM

Jail

Ahh ok mate, I come on now and then these days, normally try to stay away for match days though as it becomes a bit mental of we lose

I would say joselu gives us much more in the way of movement, his hold up play is good but he’s snatching at chances which isn’t good. Mitro is probably our 2nd best option but is be inclined to give him game time this season. Not for next match though as Liverpool will frustrate Mitro.

• Ron Knee

Sep 24, 2017 at 7:07 PM

And we know what happens when he gets frustrated …

• lochinvar

Sep 24, 2017 at 7:07 PM

If Shelvey or Mitro had stamped on someone then all hell would have been unleashed.
    Mariner ignored Hemeds stamp so the FA who are already in turmoil will have to act. Straightforward decision – three match ban.
    If Brighton appeal four match ban.
    Over to you MOTD

• Our Toon

Sep 24, 2017 at 7:07 PM

Dropping Hayden for Shelvey in the next match is probably the worst suggestion anyone can make. We are playing Liverpool in the next game and Hayden will be needed defensively to track runners and assist defenders.

They’ll destroy Shelvey in that role

• Our Toon

Sep 24, 2017 at 7:08 PM

Ron

Exactly, I wouldn’t start him against liverpool but he’d be a good option off the bench if needed

• manxpie

Sep 24, 2017 at 7:10 PM

manxpie

Sep 24, 2017 at 7:05 PM

Ourtoon totally agree I have been asking for a long time for a bit of a change mitro and Gayle imo would and should work well plus no10 was my most important signing this summer simply as we know rafa won’t change it so really strange we sold de jong

Ashley is a kernt I just hope some one has a spare 380 million

manxpie

Sep 24, 2017 at 7:08 PM

Ourtoon did you watch Hayden today?
    He didn’t track anybody that’s why I asked if he was injured
    He literally walked around most of the game

• Chancel My MBembaship

Sep 24, 2017 at 7:10 PM

I’d say Elliott, then Merino, then Ritchie in that order for our best players. Defence was still solid barring that one lapse for their goal. If we can address our problems in front of goal then I’ll be confident of staying up.

Anyway, chins up lads. The Mackems are in the bottom three of The Championship (last time I checked anyway), so it’s not all bad!

• Chancel be a fine thing

Sep 24, 2017 at 7:16 PM

• Our Toon

Sep 24, 2017 at 7:17 PM

Manx

Yeah Hayden was poor today but still doesn’t hide the fact he’s our best DM, he won some crucial last ditch tackles early in the game. Especially from corners, he’ll be needed alot more next week and Shelvey in place of him for Liverpool game would be a disaster in my eyes.

Liverpool with non stop movement and Shelvey in place of Hayden plays straight into there hands

• Chancel be a fine thing

Sep 24, 2017 at 7:19 PM

It’s the stamp incident, for any who’d like another look.

• magicmac54

Sep 24, 2017 at 7:42 PM

Today was always going to be a difficult match, two well matched teams, and very little between them, in my view the object of this season is to stay in the premier league, and i think we will have no problem staying in the premier league this season, i personally think Newcastle can finish anywhere between 12th and 15th, we will be hard to beat under Rafa, but if we had a quality stricker i actually think we could finish in the top 10 with no problem. I thought we looked much better when shelvey came on in the second half, i think shelvey and merino can play together no problem, also i would love to see Rafa play mitrovic up top, with gale just behind him as possibly number 10, i think gale and mitrovic would work well together, and we would have a much more goal threat. HWTL.