This Player Can’t Get Into The Team – Newcastle Are Playing Brilliantly

Mohamed Diame was signed from Hull City last year, but he had a miserable first season for Newcastle in the Championship, and he is yet to start in the Premier League game for the Magpies.

And he is fresh off an altercation with captain Jamaal Lascelles in a training session.

Jamal apparently kept calling him lazy in a training session until it ended in fisticuffs with Jonjo Shelvey intervening.

Mo Diame – out of form for Newcastle

But Jonjo picked up a broken finger for his efforts, but the playmaker is expected to be available for our next game at Southampton on Sunday afternoon.

This is what Diame has said as reported in the Shields Gazette today:

“I just have to be patient and keep working and show at every single training session that I want to play,”

“When I come on, I need to show that I’m ready and I want to play like everyone.”

“Perez is playing very well,” “To be honest, all the team are doing a great effort.”

“We’ve started most of the games with the same eleven, because they have been doing brilliantly.”

“If they are doing brilliantly, it’s good for everyone, because I need to work harder for the team.”

“I’ve got my legs now – my legs are back,” “I’m just waiting.”

“I’m being patient. I have to make sure I’m ready for when the manager needs me.”

“When your moment comes, you have to be ready. That’s the most important thing.”

The 30-year-old scored 4 goals for us last season and has appeared 5 times this season with his only start coming in the 3-2 home defeat by Nottingham Forest in the League Cup.

It would be good if Mo can get back to his best form and his retirement from International football last March should help him to prolong his career.

What do you think?

=================

Personal Update – I have put this on the 3 column desktop edition of the blog as an update to my health:

=================

I was diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer in February 2017 and completed four months of chemotherapy in late July and will continue to have hormone treatment.

After having various cat scans and a full bone scan recently, I met with the medical oncologist yesterday for a review of my condition.

The cancer in the bones has stabilized and has not spread further, and my PSA count has decreased significantly to being less than 0.1.

And I am still recovering from some of the side effects of the chemo treatment – mainly severe fatigue and exhaustion.

Stage 4 cancer is not curable so I will continue to have cat scans and bone scans every four months to ensure the disease is not spreading.

I am hoping the hormone treatment will keep working for a while yet and then we will switch to some other treatments that have been developed over the last few years.

But it is as it is and I am doing the very best I can under the circumstances.

• Jib

Oct 12, 2017 at 8:18 AM

At 30 he ain’t going to improve
    Try and loan him out to a Championship team
    and get some of his wages (£35k pw) paid

• martoon

Oct 12, 2017 at 8:21 AM

Of all the signings from last year Diame is the one I’m most disappointed with. When we signed him I thought he was a better Sissoko but his first touch is appalling and no amount of training is going to improve that!

• lochinvar

Oct 12, 2017 at 8:28 AM

“I’ve got my legs now – my legs are back,” “I’m just waiting.”

It’s a mystery. Just where did his legs go ?
    On holiday ?
    Or were they left behind at the airport ?
    Maybe he forgot to use them when training hence the lazy tag ?
    Fitness is everything and he needs to prove that not only is he at peak fitness but that he’s really got his head round what it means to play in the Premiership.
    “I’m just waiting” doesn’t sound convincing, it he changes his mantra to ” I’m determined to get back into the team and make my presence felt and work my socks off for the team ..” then that would be welcome. For the money these guys receive then that isn’t too much to expect.

• one fine day

Oct 12, 2017 at 8:28 AM

Martoon ,
    His first touch is worse than Harvey weisteins ..:)

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Oct 12, 2017 at 8:29 AM

Diame was a budget player like so many others who knew the Championship…

He’ll be moved on in the summer like other players we bought we couldn’t shift!

I don’t think much will happen in January seeing as there’s no money to spend!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Oct 12, 2017 at 8:30 AM

One fine day…I am not sure there’s appropriate joke there mate

• Average_Contents

Oct 12, 2017 at 8:31 AM

Thanks for all you do Ed. Hope you’re feeling better soon.

• martoon

Oct 12, 2017 at 8:38 AM

one fine day – That’s terrible but funny 🙂

• Christopher Asprilla

Oct 12, 2017 at 8:40 AM

It has to be said that Diame amongst others of which there’s quite a few will be either resigned to the takeover or dreading it . Diame is the older brother of Sissoko or at least it seems they’ve got the same lethargic low energy style. There’s nothing worse than seeing a good footballer lose his touch(Gazza and Rangers) but I fear Diame had nothing to lose. Too many sub standard Championship players still cluttering up the squad. I didn’t trust him even in the Championship and when he did something good it just made you angry that there was a footballer in there. Thought, if someone was to take the club then there would have to be a fire sale. Buy a Colback get a Diame free type of stuff. Just try yourself now and think honestly to yourself how many would have to be sold! I’m up to double figures already and if anyone was being honest we’d have no strikers left because none of them are a good enough Newcastle number 9 . Gayle has totally lost his way and he looks even more disillusioned after the Fulham interest. Mitrovic in my opinion Rafa is keeping till after the World Cup (please still be here!)when we should be able to push him for north of 20 million because he scored two goals for Serbia in a World Cup or something stupid. I suppose Joselu could be third choice after Paulo Dybala and Gabriel Barbosa ha ha. Bring on the takeover bonny lad!

• yorkymag

Oct 12, 2017 at 8:44 AM

Move on
    Not worth discussing
    He is simply not good enough that’s why he does not play
    Championship at best

• Bambams

Oct 12, 2017 at 8:47 AM

Ed
    You are doing an unbelievable job in such difficult circumstances. Stay strong and remember you have so many supporting you and are extremely grateful you continue to find the energy to run the blog

All the best mate

• hibbit

Oct 12, 2017 at 8:50 AM

everything hinges on Ashley going its the only way we can take the next step

• one fine day

Oct 12, 2017 at 9:07 AM

Jesper,
    Apologies if offended

• Madmag

Oct 12, 2017 at 9:33 AM

@ Ed…
    That sounds really promising Ed especially the PSA count, hope all continues in the same way once you’ve gotten over the Chemo

• toonincheek

Oct 12, 2017 at 10:05 AM

Ed,

Excellent news on health.
    OK, so the fight goes on but the current news update
    must give you (and all of us) much encouragement.