American Billionaire Linked With Possible Acquisition Of Newcastle

This could be a case of 2 plus 2 equals 5 but Robert Kraft – the American Billionaire, has talked about being intrigued in buying a Premier League club.

And since Newcastle is up for sale for around £380M then he’s been linked with Newcastle United.

Kraft is the current CEO and Chairman of The Kraft Group.

There has been no news that any of the four groups interested in the club are American, but we suppose Kraft – who is worth around $6.2B (about £4.7B) – could be a potential buyer in the future – maybe.

Kraft owns two sports franchises in the US – the New England Patriots, one the best teams in the NFL and Major League Soccer club New England Revolution.

76-year-old Robert Kraft – CEO and Chairman of The Kraft Group

The 76-year-old has been speaking to BBC Sports:

“We helped found MLS in America,” said Kraft. “Our league here is starting to really develop, and with our soccer team we’ve gone to the championship game five times in 21 years.”

“I’m just concerned in the Premier League that we might not, with all the different ways of operating, we’re not as familiar with all of them.”

“Let’s say people from all over the world come in and buy teams and maybe they have different reasons for doing it and managing it.”

“And you have to compete with that and I’m not sure. But I’m still intrigued.”

Whether Robert Kraft would be interested in acquiring Newcastle is interesting, but usually, they prefer their teams to be in the big cities – like London for instance.

There seem to be four potential buyers for Newcastle United at the moment, and they are reported to be in the Middle-East and Far-East.

• Thump

Oct 13, 2017 at 1:57 PM

So. If this goes ahead, who will be the first to drink the not-so-proverbial Kool Aid?

• hibbit

Oct 13, 2017 at 1:58 PM

Reilly
    BLOG HISTORY
    show me if you can because i dont remember any of that ?????????

• Ibizatoon

Oct 13, 2017 at 2:03 PM

Reilly…This is news to me, didn’t realise we had a problem.

I may well have asked where the information came from, I may well have even said that without any proof I would wait and see before getting carried away, but in all honesty, your post has come as a shock to me.

• Reilly

Oct 13, 2017 at 2:04 PM

on phone at work.
    But you did say it,and you/blog didnt have a clue about investors or buyers till i put it on here

• Reilly

Oct 13, 2017 at 2:05 PM

there is no problem.

• AncientC

Oct 13, 2017 at 2:06 PM

He bought the New England Patriots for the equivalent of $300 million dollars by today’s inflation rates. NEP paid $82 million for a player fairly recently.

‘Now the Patriots are the second-most valuable team in the NFL, valued at $3.4 billion.’ From UK Business insider.

To be fair, for a club worth $3billion, an $82 million transfer record would be very low, in comparison to Premier League spending against club value.

• ShirebrookToon

Oct 13, 2017 at 2:06 PM

Take cover!

• AncientC

Oct 13, 2017 at 2:10 PM

‘New England Patriots chairman and chief executive Robert Kraft on Sunday said he was “deeply disappointed” by President Trump’s comments regarding NFL players who refuse to kneel during the national anthem.’

“I am proud to be associated with so many players who make such tremendous contributions in positively impacting our communities,” Kraft said in a written statement. “Their efforts, both on and off the field, help bring people together and make our community stronger.”

Not dragging politics in before somebody says something. I posted the above because I believe it to be a relevant character trait.

• lesh

Oct 13, 2017 at 2:11 PM

If there’s anything in Ed’s speculation, let’s hope he does two things – bring in an MD who knows and has been successful in running a top level club and leave Rafa and his staff to get on with things.

He’d be crackers (Ritz, geddit?) if he did otherwise.

• Ibizatoon

Oct 13, 2017 at 2:15 PM

Reilly…It might come as a suprise to some on here, but I don’t come on and intend to act like a pr*ck, so when I’m accused of doing so, it does bother me. Not to say I can’t be, we all make mistakes, but I really don’t remember this happening.

I’ve found something from August where you posted a twitter link to a David Bick post, but it can’t be what you’re on about, as I didn’t address you.

When you can, please do send the link over. Not looking for an argument, but would like to put this to bed.

• Reilly

Oct 13, 2017 at 2:20 PM

i put on here about investors well before last season finished.ibiza it was said if you want to find it crack on.

• Ibizatoon

Oct 13, 2017 at 2:28 PM

Reilly…I’m not disputing who claimed what first, frankly, I don’t care about that too much.

I’m bothered that you recall me acting like a pr*ck with you over it and have already looked for it, but so far, have found nothing.

So my part in this was at the end of the season?

• toonluvva

Oct 13, 2017 at 4:20 PM

Is this the same company that took over Cadbury’s, reneged on a promise not close a factory, changed the recipe and have lost £25m in sales in the last year?

Just asking like.